Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Got a new car, pics inside (C5 and Viper content)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Droooollll... nice cars and pix, good taste.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
My wife would kill me if I didn't, although I did finish the somewhat botched stereo upgrade that was attempted by the previous owner. The most I could see at this point is basic bolt-ons...somewhere around the 580-600 RWHP point would be acceptable, and that can be done with a Mopar PCM, headers, and a ported intake manifold.
600 RWHP with just bolt ons is ridiculous. How well does your car hook as is? I get no spin even in first but that's with my measly 450rwhp.

Originally Posted by Ashs98CamSS
Droooollll... nice cars and pix, good taste.
Thanks, I was planning on waiting a few more months and doing some more research on Vipers before I bought but I saw this one go up for sale and knew he wouldn't wait so I pulled the trigger.

Last edited by SlowFRC; 06-18-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
600 RWHP with just bolt ons is ridiculous. How well does your car hook as is? I get no spin even in first but that's with my measly 450rwhp.
I haven't really had a chance to try out the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports that were just mounted a couple weeks ago...2nd gear is no issue, and wasn't much of an issue even with the old tires (the OEM PS2 C1s) unless it was fairly cold out. If I can hook 1st gear, I'll be happy, but I'm not expecting it. I honestly don't even know what it would feel like since 1st gear was a joke with the old tires. 2nd gear being good to 90 makes for some fun on the on ramps around here
Old 06-18-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

When these threads come up, I always find myself lusting away on Ebay..
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I haven't really had a chance to try out the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports that were just mounted a couple weeks ago...2nd gear is no issue, and wasn't much of an issue even with the old tires (the OEM PS2 C1s) unless it was fairly cold out. If I can hook 1st gear, I'll be happy, but I'm not expecting it. I honestly don't even know what it would feel like since 1st gear was a joke with the old tires. 2nd gear being good to 90 makes for some fun on the on ramps around here
Another one of the pluses to me about vipers is (according to what I hear) they seem to about the best rwd cars for actually putting the power down so maybe there's some hope.

Originally Posted by mac62989
When these threads come up, I always find myself lusting away on Ebay..
I don't even know why I go on tech. All it does is make me want to spend money.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those wheels are ******* perfect on that Viper
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

I miss my Viper like crazy. It's home in TX and I'm working in PA for at least another 3-4 months so I picked up the Z28 as a toy to get me through. My car hooks pretty well on the PS2's but 1st gear is still iffy...
Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Teching In

Did you buy this car from someone in South Jersey who posted it on Corvetteforum? If so I was very close to getting rid of my z06 for it. I'm glad I know where it is now just in case you ever go to sell it.

Sick car
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CamaroGuy87132
Did you buy this car from someone in South Jersey who posted it on Corvetteforum? If so I was very close to getting rid of my z06 for it. I'm glad I know where it is now just in case you ever go to sell it.

Sick car
For someone who has considered both for a next toy, out of curiousity, what reasons would make you sell your C6Z for a much older and probably slower Gen 2 Viper? Ive seen more and more guys going for the older Vipers and am just curious to hear someones point of view who already owns a vette. Other than the rare factor I feel like a C6Z has a Gen 2 beat in every aspect..
Old 06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tim_WS6
I absolutely love them but as you can tell by my c5, I like black wheels. I would never actually spend the dough on ccws so buying a car that already had them is the only way I'll ever have high end wheels.

Originally Posted by CamaroGuy87132

Sick car
Yeah I was the guy that he kept saying "I've got someone first in line" etc, I jumped on this car as fast as possible. Feel free to remember my username. I doubt I'll ever sell but, of course, almost everything is for sale at the right price.

Originally Posted by BackNBlue
I miss my Viper like crazy. It's home in TX and I'm working in PA for at least another 3-4 months so I picked up the Z28 as a toy to get me through. My car hooks pretty well on the PS2's but 1st gear is still iffy...
What are the details on your viper, year, color, pics, mods, etc....come on we need more info!

For someone who has considered both for a next toy, out of curiousity, what reasons would make you sell your C6Z for a much older and probably slower Gen 2 Viper? Ive seen more and more guys going for the older Vipers and am just curious to hear someones point of view who already owns a vette. Other than the rare factor I feel like a C6Z has a Gen 2 beat in every aspect..
I know this question wasn't directed at me but I was considering both for a while. I know a c5 is a lot different than a c6z but i think they are close enough for me to comment.

First of all they drive completely differently. The viper is a lot tighter inside and you really get wedged inside the thing. My c5 feel cavernous in comparison. Compared to a viper, a corvette feel a lot more muted, you don't feel the bumps in the road, they're quieter, etc...

I heard a lot of c6z guys say they have traction issues stock while vipers are known to put power down well (this was a huge plus for me). I want to be able to go wot whenever I want, I don't want to have to petal it.

Gen 2s up to 99 have forged motors which is obviously a big plus if you plan on making a lot of power. Also, it's hard to beat a 488cid motor for power under the curve. An ls7 (stock) simply can't match the low end grunt of the big viper 10s.

Vipers have real seats. It's nice to feel the bolsters actually holding you in place and not having to press your knees up against the center console and door panel around hard turns.

Finally, I wouldn't underestimate the rare factor. It's pretty fun seeing people oggling over your car. It's also fun to know that you have something that not a lot of other people have. Well anyways there's my .02 even though you didn't ask for them.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

^I appreciate the comments. I figured you didnt have the car long enough to give a good "review" but that explains a lot. I knew the motors were forged which always seemed like a big plus when it comes to boost. I never knew Vipers put the power to the ground well. What size CCWs and tires are those? 335s? I only drove a 03 C5 Vert once so I have basically no seat time in a vette and only see Vipers at car shows. Seems to me like the Viper is more for the enthusiast while the Vette would appeal more to the 60 year old bald guy..
Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me like the Viper is more for the enthusiast while the Vette would appeal more to the 60 year old bald guy..
Bingo - a Viper takes a very particular owner, and that person has to not care much about creature comforts, refinement, or good driving manners. The Vette you could live with as a daily driver, but still have a lot of fun (and a lot of performance). The Viper...not so much. It's just a totally different driving experience. Honestly, I can't imagine being much older and being able to tolerate getting into and out of mine. It reminds me of a C4 vette with its high sills.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were to own a Viper one day, I think I'd need to go to a road course and hire an instructor. I really wouldn't trust my skills with such a car.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
Thanks man, how are you liking yours now that you've had it a while? Is it stock and if so do you plan on keeping it that way?
I love it.

It has some mods. Rims, brakes, filters, plugs/wires, exhaust.

It's too expensive to do any more mods. I might change out the rims again or something but probably nothing more than that. I don't really race anymore.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mhmmm Invos.

Sweet cars.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

very nice buy, congratulations, that Corvette is nice too
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

vipers are my favorite cars. very nice!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Launching!

Man Idk why but I see this pics daily to see that C5, that's a clean looking vette
Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim_WS6
Damn, he said it.

That is one of the best looking Vipers I've ever seen.

I love the older Vipers though, much better looking to me than the newer ones.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

^I appreciate the comments. I figured you didnt have the car long enough to give a good "review" but that explains a lot. I knew the motors were forged which always seemed like a big plus when it comes to boost. I never knew Vipers put the power to the ground well. What size CCWs and tires are those? 335s? I only drove a 03 C5 Vert once so I have basically no seat time in a vette and only see Vipers at car shows. Seems to me like the Viper is more for the enthusiast while the Vette would appeal more to the 60 year old bald guy..
I've driven it almost 2000 miles since in the three weeks I've had it so I'm getting pretty familiar with the car. The wheels are staggered 19s and 20s I believe, I'll double check next time I go out to the car though. They're 345s out back so the car feels pretty planted.

As for Vipers being for a more dedicated enthusiast crowd you're right. As much as I love the car, it's tight inside, has no electrical nannies to help you out so you can't ever relax while driving it, has crappy a/c, doesn't really sound great until you get it over 4k IMO, has a terrible stereo, and at this point is a low production 10+ year old car (for gen 2s) so getting parts can be difficult. A lot of people just don't think any car is worth that hassle.

Originally Posted by X-ray
If I were to own a Viper one day, I think I'd need to go to a road course and hire an instructor. I really wouldn't trust my skills with such a car.
I've been pretty cautious when I've been driving it (around corners and such). It'll take a while before I'm really confident with it. It definitely demands your respect and attention.

Originally Posted by davidv
Man Idk why but I see this pics daily to see that C5, that's a clean looking vette
I tried to make it as clean and simple as possible (debadged and whatnot). Funny but mostly unrelated story. I took it in to a big GM performance cars dealer around me just to see what they'd offer. The guy lowballed me bad and said it would get a lot more money if it didn't have so many "trinkets."

Quick Reply: Got a new car, pics inside (C5 and Viper content)