Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Looking for some good videos of 600+ whp cars vs bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Lol you know how I roll bro...
I did a bunch of runs with my K5 turbo against a 900whp GT-R when I was still SWB,and also some good 60-200 rolls against a 1200whp 996tt on my Gen2. They're on my old laptop,I'll see if I can dig em up. I may have even posted them over on Stickys forum but Im not sure.
I can post some runs of my riding buddys running big turbo Supra's,Vettes,etc if you want??
I would love to see all of them. Especially you vs the 1200hp 911.

That 04 10r is a bad bitch. Love those videos. Never dawned on me that it's the same bike though. Crazy.

Last edited by Tracked350Z; 04-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool vids old gixxer.. I assume you're a mod on GDC? I love gen 1 ZX10s... (And gen 4s)..

I'm not sure I'm buying that he went 9.27@154 with 170hp at his size and stock wheel base tho... Maybe with a jockey on it.. The dude looked like he could ride pretty well tho.... (However I'm not getting the clutching it up thing during the middle of a race but.... It looked cool on film).. He was giving that TTG fits until the very top end which was to be expected.

I'm sub'd for more vids as well.. I have plenty of bike on bike vids, both on the street and on the track.. Also have plenty of car on car vids at the track... But no car on bike vids in my collection.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Cool vids old gixxer.. I assume you're a mod on GDC? I love gen 1 ZX10s... (And gen 4s)..

I'm not sure I'm buying that he went 9.27@154 with 170hp at his size and stock wheel base tho... Maybe with a jockey on it.. The dude looked like he could ride pretty well tho.... (However I'm not getting the clutching it up thing during the middle of a race but.... It looked cool on film).. He was giving that TTG fits until the very top end which was to be expected.

I'm sub'd for more vids as well.. I have plenty of bike on bike vids, both on the street and on the track.. Also have plenty of car on car vids at the track... But no car on bike vids in my collection.
Yes,Im over at GDC..been there since '01 when it was actually good.

Lol,lil Richard Gadson(Rickeys nephew) went 9.27 on that old 10R at a private rental not the owner.

The clutching up thing,done for drama since he knew the vid would be floating around the internets for years.

I saw some pics of your S1K,very nice
Old 04-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Teching In

Yes,Im over at GDC..been there since '01 when it was actually good.

Lol,lil Richard Gadson(Rickeys nephew) went 9.27 on that old 10R at a private rental not the owner.

The clutching up thing,done for drama since he knew the vid would be floating around the internets for years.

I saw some pics of your S1K,very nice
What's this gdc you talk about ?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
What's this gdc you talk about ?
www.gixxer.com
Tread lightly upon visiting,lest thou grow tenticles&become a squid
Old 04-19-2014, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

I occasionally browse GDC. Oldgixxer, you're one of the few whose posts are worth reading.

Bad combination of squids and haters on that site, with a couple decent guys mixed in.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
I occasionally browse GDC. Oldgixxer, you're one of the few whose posts are worth reading.

Bad combination of squids and haters on that site, with a couple decent guys mixed in.
Thanks man lol Sad but true,the forum has changed a lot the past few years,I rarely post anymore&just try to keep **** running smoothly. They hate drag racers,lowered bikes and street racing but I've been there since it's inception so I just ban anybody that comes into the dragracing forum hating on lowered/stretched bikes...it's a safe haven if you will

I remember chatting with PSM in our dragracing forum when he was trying to get his 600 times as low as possible
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Teching In

www.gixxer.com
Tread lightly upon visiting,lest thou grow tenticles&become a squid
Oh ok. I've been there a few times doing some research on k5's and k6's. Never heard it called that before.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man lol Sad but true,the forum has changed a lot the past few years,I rarely post anymore&just try to keep **** running smoothly. They hate drag racers,lowered bikes and street racing but I've been there since it's inception so I just ban anybody that comes into the dragracing forum hating on lowered/stretched bikes...it's a safe haven if you will

I remember chatting with PSM in our dragracing forum when he was trying to get his 600 times as low as possible
Welcome to my neck of the woods.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Welcome to my neck of the woods.
Seems to be where all the action is
When did you move to Texas??
Old 04-19-2014, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, most of them have this elitist attitude towards the drag guys...and i'd be willing to bet most of them have never been on either type of track.

I enjoy it all, track days and the drag strip.

I've never posted a build thread for my current turbo project because it's just not worth dealing with the douchebags.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Yeah, most of them have this elitist attitude towards the drag guys...and i'd be willing to bet most of them have never been on either type of track.

I've never posted a build thread for my current turbo project because it's just not worth dealing with the douchebags.
How far along are you on that build? Think it will be done around May time?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man,I agree 100% with you lol...and lets be honest,how the **** do you screw up a roll race? Tuck,lock the throttle,hit your shift points and hold on. No skill involved...although it is fun&one of lifes guilty pleasures

Oh you have NO idea lmao....Im an Admin on a huge bike forum and we get squids posting everyday bragging about their new GSXR-1000 and how they will be fine because they rode a RM50 dirt bike when they were 10yrs old. They come in looking for approval and the old timers just rip them to shreds,then get butthurt and never come back....and then we have the spiked fairing bolts,voodoo exhaust,240mm tire,chrome,stretched 10" but never launched a bike crowd that wears the chrome **** helmets and have neons all over the place
Personally,Id much rather ride a slow bike fast,than ride a fast bike slow and be terrified of it.
Yea there is a HUGE difference between someone who owns a bike and someone who can down right ride their bike. Imagine how humbled I was the first time I launched my 14R at the strip and did a WORSE 60' then I did on my ZX6R with literally less then half the torque. Of course I trapped nearly 20mph more, but even with some damn good power shifting I ran a only a slightly quicker ET and worse 60' .

Getting the hand of that beast now though, currently in the high 9's @ 150 stock wheelbase, stock motor down to the paper filter...just a slip-on and a drop. Only have 3 trips to the track so far and my 60' still sucks but such is life...have another ~.2 in the 60' somewhere. Of course none of that really matters from a roll .

LMAO that 10 rider was a ******* monster. Bookmarked the **** out of that. I float the front an inch or 2 but never pulled someone in a full on wheelie rofl.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oscs
Muahahahaha @ the last video! Yeah that's what happens when you race someone on a bike that knows what they are doing.. ONE WHEEL walk, love it!
I agree 100% that an experienced rider can have a profound effect on the outcome of a car vs bike race. However, the Vette in that video had no where near the power necessary to beat that bike, let alone make it interesting. I think that was what determined the outcome more than any other factor.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Teching In

You should definitely post the build,there are a couple of guys on the forum that are doing turbo builds and finishing them up soon,I'd enjoy seeing yours..and I got yer back if anyone talks ****

How far along are you on that build? Think it will be done around May time?
I wanna see this build!!!

Originally Posted by Puck
Yea there is a HUGE difference between someone who owns a bike and someone who can down right ride their bike. Imagine how humbled I was the first time I launched my 14R at the strip and did a WORSE 60' then I did on my ZX6R with literally less then half the torque. Of course I trapped nearly 20mph more, but even with some damn good power shifting I ran a only a slightly quicker ET and worse 60' .

Getting the hand of that beast now though, currently in the high 9's @ 150 stock wheelbase, stock motor down to the paper filter...just a slip-on and a drop. Only have 3 trips to the track so far and my 60' still sucks but such is life...have another ~.2 in the 60' somewhere. Of course none of that really matters from a roll .

LMAO that 10 rider was a ******* monster. Bookmarked the **** out of that. I float the front an inch or 2 but never pulled someone in a full on wheelie rofl.
I love me some stock wheelbase dragracing,I'll post a pic below of my SWB Gen2. Anyone can 60' a long bike,SWB takes skill...and don't worry so much about the 60',the trick to good ET's on a SWB bike is a good 330'. Get that 330' down and you will drop a GOOD amount of time.
The problem with the 14R(and Busa) is that they have so much torque that even if you get a good 60',if you are the slightest bit too aggressive at about 100' the front will stand up in the air,killing your run. been there,done that lol... I actually run -1 on the rear of my SWB Gen2 and that made a huge difference. Youd be quite surpised if I told you what it runs.

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
I agree 100% that an experienced rider can have a profound effect on the outcome of a car vs bike race. However, the Vette in that video had no where near the power necessary to beat that bike, let alone make it interesting. I think that was what determined the outcome more than any other factor.
That's Rob Ferretti's Vette(Superspeeder's dvd dude),at the time IIRC,it was supercharged and making 850rwhp+/-. Since then the Vette has undergone a few different builds and I [I]think[I]its a twin turbo at the moment,I could be wrong but either way it's making a lot more HP. But I agree,car needed more HP to have a fair run.

And Stinky,Im sorry if Im jackin your thread bro
Attached Thumbnails Looking for some good videos of 600+ whp cars vs bikes-mail.jpg  
Old 04-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Teching In

That's Rob Ferretti's Vette(Superspeeder's dvd dude),at the time IIRC,it was supercharged and making 850rwhp+/-. Since then the Vette has undergone a few different builds and I [I]think[I]its a twin turbo at the moment,I could be wrong but either way it's making a lot more HP. But I agree,car needed more HP to have a fair run.

And Stinky,Im sorry if Im jackin your thread bro
Hmmm, interesting. 170whp in the bike is no joke but damn! If he had around 850whp, I thought he'd keep up a little better...especially with the bike popping the front up.

Sorry for thread jacking also! I'll try and race some bikes tonight and get some video up.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Teching In

The general purpose of this thread is good riders vs cars. You guys are all well respected in my eyes and therefore are still very much so on topic.

Beans post up that turbo build. I've been meaning to ask you about it.

This weekend I'm in Austin and was expecting my 10r to be done this afternoon. Well it just got finished 30 minutes ago and I'm too far to drive back and get it. Seriously bummed. Hopefully my friend can pull through and find me a spare set of wheels.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:25 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The general purpose of this thread is good riders vs cars. You guys are all well respected in my eyes and therefore are still very much so on topic. Beans post up that turbo build. I've been meaning to ask you about it. This weekend I'm in Austin and was expecting my 10r to be done this afternoon. Well it just got finished 30 minutes ago and I'm too far to drive back and get it. Seriously bummed. Hopefully my friend can pull through and find me a spare set of wheels.
God I miss my 10R..
Old 04-19-2014, 07:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went -2 rear just to use my first gear.

That is recommended gearing for stock wheelbase 14r, its what the fastest SWB bike uses.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Teching In

The general purpose of this thread is good riders vs cars. You guys are all well respected in my eyes and therefore are still very much so on topic.

Beans post up that turbo build. I've been meaning to ask you about it.

This weekend I'm in Austin and was expecting my 10r to be done this afternoon. Well it just got finished 30 minutes ago and I'm too far to drive back and get it. Seriously bummed. Hopefully my friend can pull through and find me a spare set of wheels.
What did you get done to the bike?

Originally Posted by oscs
God I miss my 10R..
You know what needs to be done....

Originally Posted by Puck
I went -2 rear just to use my first gear.

That is recommended gearing for stock wheelbase 14r, its what the fastest SWB bike uses.
Gotcha. I was at Atco and Rickey was there with his bolt-on 14R a few years ago running high 8s like it was nothing.

Quick Reply: Looking for some good videos of 600+ whp cars vs bikes