Old 11-09-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Vids.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
Hey do you have a graph of it. I would love to see what it looks like.
I would have too. I never got to examine the graph after the run. I just took a quick look at it, but didn't bother getting a copy since it didn't really mean much. There is more to be done. I'll make sure I leave with a dynojet printout next time.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Just thought I'd mention the mods on my car, it's the 1991 Mk3 Supra in the video. It's an all stock 180 cid 6 cylinder, stock bottom end, stock head and cams, stock fuel injectors with Walbro fuel pump and adjustable regulator, stock intercooler, stock turbo with a t04e compressor wheel in stock housing, 15 psi boost. The car put down 427.25 RWHP / 440.32 RWTQ ( http://www.jblmk3.com/id123.htm ). The car weighs 3550 with me in it. I was running ET streets, but on the second run it was from a roll at the very end of my second gear. I think we ran to about 130 or so. As I recall, the take off was even, I didn't get any "jumps" and there was no chance of the Vette catching me. All due respects to the car, it runs extremely well but the captions in the video make it look like I won because of "jumps" and an "early let-off". It was fun though. We seldom get any "new" races around here any more. Everyone pretty much knows how everyone else runs. Nice to have some new competition for a change.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey John. Funny to see you posting on here. Glad you did, I wasn't sure what was done to your car and didn't want to get anything wrong. Glad to see that you are loosing weight. lol...
Old 11-11-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JBLMk3
Just thought I'd mention the mods on my car, it's the 1991 Mk3 Supra in the video. It's an all stock 180 cid 6 cylinder, stock bottom end, stock head and cams, stock fuel injectors with Walbro fuel pump and adjustable regulator, stock intercooler, stock turbo with a t04e compressor wheel in stock housing, 15 psi boost. The car put down 427.25 RWHP / 440.32 RWTQ ( http://www.jblmk3.com/id123.htm ). The car weighs 3550 with me in it. I was running ET streets, but on the second run it was from a roll at the very end of my second gear. I think we ran to about 130 or so. As I recall, the take off was even, I didn't get any "jumps" and there was no chance of the Vette catching me. All due respects to the car, it runs extremely well but the captions in the video make it look like I won because of "jumps" and an "early let-off". It was fun though. We seldom get any "new" races around here any more. Everyone pretty much knows how everyone else runs. Nice to have some new competition for a change.
Thanks for listing the mods, I wanted to put them in the video, but I didn't know anything about your car, and didn't know where to find you. I don't see what the problem is about the captions, its actually pretty clear that I was getting late starts, and you probably don't know this, but I'm very notorious for doing that. A few people on here can confirm that. I don't like getting headstarts, so I wait until the other person hits it first. We usually go on 3 honks, so its more even, but my horn doesn't work so I have to rely on the othe person to do it. Right when that caption came up "vette lets off early", I let off early! Whats the big deal? I dont' feel like explaining why all of a sudden the supra started leaving me, when it was otherwise being held at a certain distance. If your not happy with the video, we can do it again. I was just tooling around out there trying to have a little fun, but next time I'll bring the bottle to make things a little closer, and I'll have no "excuses".
Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And btw,

My car is half tuned, no nitrous, stock clutch and street tires when we raced. I didn't use that as an excuse not to race or not to post the video. I lost fair and square and posted the video of me losing. Most people I know would not have raced, or would not have posted the video. I was letting everyone see how fast your car is. I knew I would get heat if I posted it, "I can't drive", "my car is weak", but I did anyway. I know what my car can do, and so does everyone else in my area, just ask around. When people start trying to get serious about it and start taking **** personal, I tell them to bring their wallet and I turn it up a few notches.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok I have a question now. How can a 3200 pound car with 460 rwhp lose a race to a 3500 pound car with 420 rwhp?? Physics doesnt seem to allow such things.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

That was my question... but i cannot think of anything dammit!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Was the other guy BSing about his horsepower maybe??? Only thing I can think of.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown FRC
didn't know where to find you. I don't see what the problem is about the captions, its actually pretty clear that I was getting late starts,....
Right when that caption came up "vette lets off early", I let off early! Whats the big deal? I dont' feel like explaining why all of a sudden the supra started leaving me, when it was otherwise being held at a certain distance. If your not happy with the video, we can do it again. I was just tooling around out there trying to have a little fun, but next time I'll bring the bottle to make things a little closer, and I'll have no "excuses".
Man, take it easy! I just posted the mods to my car and what I thought about the captions. It's nothing that bad so take it easy.
You did know where to find me, we talked afterwards, remember? I'm sure you remember your conversation with Steve afterwards. We all got a kick out of that one.
As for letting off early, we usually don't race to 200 mph, usually about the end of fourth gear which is about the same for pretty much everyone except the vetts because they are geared really tall. Besides, I've never seen a car that can run over 150 in the quarter on Patton racing, yet.

And btw,

My car is half tuned, no nitrous, stock clutch and street tires when we raced. I didn't use that as an excuse not to race or not to post the video. I lost fair and square and posted the video of me losing. Most people I know would not have raced, or would not have posted the video. I was letting everyone see how fast your car is. I knew I would get heat if I posted it, "I can't drive", "my car is weak", but I did anyway. I know what my car can do, and so does everyone else in my area, just ask around. When people start trying to get serious about it and start taking **** personal, I tell them to bring their wallet and I turn it up a few notches.
Well, my car is ALL STOCK and cost only about $4K total with what mods it has so there. If I had even half the money in my Toyota that you have in just your Supercharger setup, no amount of spray or boost would help you. Something to remember too, I can use NOS too and if you want to get really serious, I can manage you a race with another six cylinder Toyota. You better be ready to hand over some money though unless you can run 8's, and I'm not talking about in the 8th mile either.

I know what my car can do, and so does everyone else in my area, just ask around. When people start trying to get serious about it and start taking **** personal, I tell them to bring their wallet and I turn it up a few notches.
Well I'm sure everyone does, I've never even heard of it until a week ago. I've been going up there racing people like you for six or eight years now and I'm sure everyone knows what my car will do, I have nothing to prove to guys who go out and just spend a little money to go fast. Everything on my car I done myself. I'm not getting serious or "talking ****" so lay off that crap, you remember what I told you when Steve climbed you about accusing him of using nos? I said, "watch what you say to people" and that is sound advise. You want to "turn it up a notch" we can do that but you better hope your wallet is really FAT!

By the way, I did enjoy the video. It's nice to see some of our cars on the net but just be careful not to get anyone's tag numbers in there. There are some guys who really get aggrivated when you video their runs so watch for them.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Man, take it easy! I just posted the mods to my car and what I thought about the captions. It's nothing that bad so take it easy.
You did know where to find me, we talked afterwards, remember? I'm sure you remember your conversation with Steve afterwards. We all got a kick out of that one.
As for letting off early, we usually don't race to 200 mph, usually about the end of fourth gear which is about the same for pretty much everyone except the vetts because they are geared really tall. Besides, I've never seen a car that can run over 150 in the quarter on Patton racing, yet.

Well, my car is ALL STOCK and cost only about $4K total with what mods it has so there. If I had even half the money in my Toyota that you have in just your Supercharger setup, no amount of spray or boost would help you. Something to remember too, I can use NOS too and if you want to get really serious, I can manage you a race with another six cylinder Toyota. You better be ready to hand over some money though unless you can run 8's, and I'm not talking about in the 8th mile either.

Well I'm sure everyone does, I've never even heard of it until a week ago. I've been going up there racing people like you for six or eight years now and I'm sure everyone knows what my car will do, I have nothing to prove to guys who go out and just spend a little money to go fast. Everything on my car I done myself. I'm not getting serious or "talking ****" so lay off that crap, you remember what I told you when Steve climbed you about accusing him of using nos? I said, "watch what you say to people" and that is sound advise. You want to "turn it up a notch" we can do that but you better hope your wallet is really FAT!

By the way, I did enjoy the video. It's nice to see some of our cars on the net but just be careful not to get anyone's tag numbers in there. There are some guys who really get aggrivated when you video their runs so watch for them.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedReaper
Ok I have a question now. How can a 3200 pound car with 460 rwhp lose a race to a 3500 pound car with 420 rwhp?? Physics doesnt seem to allow such things.
Are you talking about the Vette or the yellow Cobra? I'm guessing the Vette with that weight. As for my numbers, I have the dyno sheets, video, many witnesses from Patton that was with me, all the proof you could ask for. It is odd though, my friend Jake put down 460 in his 03 Cobra (650rwhp/782rwtq with 150 NOS) and he could pull my car and I know what his weighs (about 3650 lbs or so). So some of these numbers don't add up, but mine do. lol.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, its getting heated in here, i thought the captions were "excuses" also, but thats just my own two cents.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

not to stir the pot, but there are some good discussions in the Supra forum on the "captions" as well.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

What forum?
Old 11-11-2004, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Are you talking about the Vette or the yellow Cobra? I'm guessing the Vette with that weight. As for my numbers, I have the dyno sheets, video, many witnesses from Patton that was with me, all the proof you could ask for. It is odd though, my friend Jake put down 460 in his 03 Cobra (650rwhp/782rwtq with 150 NOS) and he could pull my car and I know what his weighs (about 3650 lbs or so). So some of these numbers don't add up, but mine do. lol.

Yeah I was talking about the Vette. Soemthing doesnt add up to me. Blown FRC says he has 460 rwhp, you say you have 420 rwhp. Your car weighs about 300 pounds more then his but still walks him?? And not by a half a car either. Hmmmmmm
Old 11-11-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
What forum?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...hreadid=237761
Old 11-11-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, registering now!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Calm down guys.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedReaper
Was the other guy BSing about his horsepower maybe??? Only thing I can think of.
Thats what I thought, but, who knows...