Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Blown FRCs Videos!! vs Supra and vs SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand this. I went out there looking to race that supra knowing ahead of time that my car isn't done and I would not win. I made it clear to everyone that asks, that the supra is faster than my car, end of story. I even posted the video on the internet for everyone to see. People can't just enjoy a goddamn video and take it for what its worth. What a ******* mistake that was. I can't post on supra forums yet, but some of those ignorant comments are getting me fired up. Someone who can post over there, feel free to copy this and forward it over there.

Originally Posted by killer03cobra
99 Vette - This car is only half done, he just decide to take it out and have some fun before he tuned it up right... Still on stock clutch, can only shift at 5 grand due to clutch sticking to the floor, street tires, and a conservative tune running 6 lbs for now, this car will be sick when he gets it finished!
This was posted at the beginning of the thread; what is so difficult about reading it? Is it too much to ask for those guys to comprehend a simple description?

Originally Posted by AWIDESUPIE
I know what you're implying ... but ... they aren't really excuses. Just good vid analysis. When you read reviews in a car magazine ... that name the detailed facts about the specific cars and the testing ... do you call them excuses? I don't, because they're not.
Thank you very much. Your one of the very few who know what their talking about. I really appreciate you trying to explain these simple concepts to the less competant.

Originally Posted by IdealSupra
as far as im concerned....everything he put in that video is excuses...if somethings wrong with your car or whatever then dont run...he lost all three runs PERIOD.
Spoken like a true *****. Run what you brung or take your ***** *** home! What would you say? "My cars not running right, so I'm not going to race it." You probably would say that.

Originally Posted by AWIDESUPIE
Ideal ... it's seems you're neglecting the commonly known fact that ... sometimes ... you don't find out about problems until you race. Duane, for one of many, can tell you what it's like to learn that parts don't hold like you hoped ... as for when he broke his driveshaft. I also know of sooo many people who still try to enjoy their car even if their clutch is bruning out ... or they haven't fully tuned yet .. cough ... half or more of the CT crew ... and the whole car enthusiast population who can't wait to "run what they brung" .. etc. Your opinion about the vette owner is a little "condescending" too IMO. It seems you have an idea that anyone who doesn't own a mk3 supra ... must ... ignorantly .. think thsat they suck. Not true. Believe it or not, some people realise that all cars have potential .. and they respect all cars ... and don't disrespect until there is some proof ... if ever ... atleast. Maybe he did think that though, I don't know, I wasn't there. His statements about "cool guy" and "fast as hell supra" sure show respect though ... whether they were decided on before or after the races.

Take an unbiased "chill pill", folks, please ... for the car enthusiast population health. Lol.

Peace. -Brian
Thank you. Very well thought and intelligent post, unlike some other members. Me and Jon (MK3 Owner), were cool about it before, and after. I told him he was going to win before we raced, but I'd do it anyway just to have a little fun. Afterwards, we chatted for nearly an hour and went our seperate ways. I think he is a cool standup guy, and I'm sure he can say the same about me. I've said only good things about him, and we respect each others rides regardless. I don't know why people are trying to turn this into an all out war. And your exactly right about why I put the titles in there. I like to know exactly whats going on when people race. Its nice to know when someone lets off, or someone gets a bad start; thats what makes the video easy to follow. Its stupid to be left in the dark about why a car suddenly increased his lead by several more cars in a split second. Did he let off? Did he spray? Was he just going easy? See what I mean? I thought I was doing something good, but apparently not.

Originally Posted by Silver88Turbo
they did admit that they lost. I dont think they could have been better sports about it either...

thanks for the vid.
Thanks. Your exactly right. If I didn't want to admit I lost, I wouldn't have posted the video.

Originally Posted by GayJoe
John's MK3supra is nasty for using the stock turbo, The vette and the cobra are both nasty cars as well, but supras are just the **** and has less hp and still rides. Mk2 Spyder and i hang out with them up on patton, to bad i was at college and missed the runs. But u gotta admitt the vette was prolly a little bit supprised about the result of that race. good runs from both sides of the dotted lines
No Joe, you dumb ****, don't try to act like you know anything. I wasn't surprised he won. I told him he was going to win before we even raced but I wanted to do it anyway. I heard his car ran really well, and I appreciate fast cars, so I wanted to see it run. I also thought people would enjoy a good video. Your the last one who should be commenting here.

Originally Posted by boyer
that supra killed him every round, the vette is just pissed b/c he lost to a car that cost 1/4 of what he paid for his vette
This probably has to be the dumbest post yet. What does price have to do with anything? I chose a vette because you get what you pay for, simple as that. The only way to compare two cars, is in stock form. A stock MK3 wouldn't stand a chance against a stock vette in any way, shape, or form. The vette costs a shitload more for a reason. Nothing against supras, they are cool, but I am a vette guy. Don't even start with the Supra vs Vette crap, it all comes down to preference and I don't judge people either way.

Hopefully this clears up a few things, or maybe start another war, I don't give a **** either way. Me and Jon (MK3 Owner) are cool with each other, and were just having some fun. While some of you internet ****** are bitching and complaining about the video, and trying to think of what to bitch about next over the internet, just remember one thing, Me and Jon are out having some fun racing and appreciating each others rides. Think to yourself, what does that say about you? Good day.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

done deal, used my old GT screen name, but its a done deal...
Old 11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Hey John, sure would be fun to have the little toyota pickup wouldn't it, that would make some people feel real bad parked beside it. LOL is the new prodject done yet
Old 11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Blown FRC, i agree with all your points, but
"A stock MK3 wouldn't stand a chance against a stock vette in any way, shape, or form."
is ignorant bullshit.
Supras were designed to be in the same class as a vette. Please compare cars of the same year. If i went out and said "93 Supra would TOTALLY DESTROY a 83 Vette" , it would be a pretty stupid comment, even though it would be true. MK3 Supra's stock performance is very similar to a Vette of the same year, it even beats it in some categories.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turbo Denis
Blown FRC, i agree with all your points, but
"A stock MK3 wouldn't stand a chance against a stock vette in any way, shape, or form."
is ignorant bullshit.
Supras were designed to be in the same class as a vette. Please compare cars of the same year. If i went out and said "93 Supra would TOTALLY DESTROY a 83 Vette" , it would be a pretty stupid comment, even though it would be true. MK3 Supra's stock performance is very similar to a Vette of the same year, it even beats it in some categories.
Please, show me any evidence that suggests a stock supra would keep up with a vette.. i didnt think so... The fact that supras were designed to be in the same class as vettes doesnt mean ****. designing and performing are two different things. i could go on and on about the supremacy of the vette over the supra in worldwide racing chapters...SCCA, Le Mans...But then you'd probably remind me the supra only has 6 cylinders and is "cheaper" blah blah blah. You can make any piece of **** fast, just throw enough money at it. why do i feel like ive had this conversation before?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Yeah when comparing stock cars you should atleast get the years close, not 99 vs like 87-92. But thats not my point here, blownfrc is right, you get what you pay for. Go look under a MK3 supra, then look under a C5 vette, and then you'll understand why one costs 20,000 more than the other. Sure the supra in my opinion is easier to modify, and its my personal choice, but the vette is a damn race car compared to a stock supra. I don't think supras were made to compete with the corvette, I always thought they were made to compete with the 300zx's, rx7's, and 3000gt's? A stock 98' supra TT vs a stock 98' targa or some type of removabale top vette would be a good comparison, if someone out there could set it up id pay money to see it, but jus like blownfrc said it comes down to preference 90% of the time, and thats the way it is.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mk1spyder
Yeah when comparing stock cars you should atleast get the years close, not 99 vs like 87-92. But thats not my point here, blownfrc is right, you get what you pay for. Go look under a MK3 supra, then look under a C5 vette, and then you'll understand why one costs 20,000 more than the other. Sure the supra in my opinion is easier to modify, and its my personal choice, but the vette is a damn race car compared to a stock supra. I don't think supras were made to compete with the corvette, I always thought they were made to compete with the 300zx's, rx7's, and 3000gt's? A stock 98' supra TT vs a stock 98' targa or some type of removabale top vette would be a good comparison, if someone out there could set it up id pay money to see it, but jus like blownfrc said it comes down to preference 90% of the time, and thats the way it is.
Well said.

Originally Posted by boyer
that supra killed him every round, the vette is just pissed b/c he lost to a car that cost 1/4 of what he paid for his vette
That is the reason for the comparison. I agree you need to keep the years close for a true comparison, but he's the one who brought up an older cheaper supra vs a newer more expensive vette.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TanRchy
Please, show me any evidence that suggests a stock supra would keep up with a vette.. i didnt think so... The fact that supras were designed to be in the same class as vettes doesnt mean ****. designing and performing are two different things. i could go on and on about the supremacy of the vette over the supra in worldwide racing chapters...SCCA, Le Mans...But then you'd probably remind me the supra only has 6 cylinders and is "cheaper" blah blah blah. You can make any piece of **** fast, just throw enough money at it. why do i feel like ive had this conversation before?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Teching In

I cant seem to find it, but there was an article in Car and driver (long time ago) comparing 1987 Supra T to a c5 Vette, and the vette was a little faster in the 1/4 mile (somewhere in high 14's with Supra at 14.9), a couple of tenths faster in 0-60, but Supra was faster in 0-100. Im sure some of the guys from supra forums will have a link to the article.

You can make any piece of **** fast, just throw enough money at it. why do i feel like ive had this conversation before?
First of all, John's supra had less money in mods than Blown FRC. Not to mention that the car was probably 10 times cheaper. There is a MK3 Supra on our boards running 12.0 with 2 grand worth of mods. MKIV Supras run 11's at BPU level. Apparently non-piece-of-**** vette doesnt qualify, with more money invested and still being slower.

Second, our tiny piece of **** 6-bangers push 980hp at the wheels on TOTALLY STOCK bottom end(Mike C), Run 9.4 on totally stock engine (Dave H), and push 1453 ponies at the wheels out of the shitty 3.0 6-cyl (Saad Saad). Should i also mention 7's on stock IRS suspension, stock block, head, and diff? (Paul E). Oh wait, i forgot.. your engine is twice as big... That should make your cars twice as fast, right? The day i see a Vette come close to those numbers on factory parts, i'll admit my car to be a piece of ****. But untill then, please refrain from showing your ignorance by calling Supra a piece of ****.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cant seem to find it, but there was an article in Car and driver (long time ago) comparing 1987 Supra T to a c5 Vette, and the vette was a little faster in the 1/4 mile (somewhere in high 14's with Supra at 14.9), a couple of tenths faster in 0-60, but Supra was faster in 0-100. Im sure some of the guys from supra forums will have a link to the article.

First of all, John's supra had less money in mods than Blown FRC. Not to mention that the car was probably 10 times cheaper. There is a MK3 Supra on our boards running 12.0 with 2 grand worth of mods. MKIV Supras run 11's at BPU level. Apparently non-piece-of-**** vette doesnt qualify, with more money invested and still being slower.

Second, our tiny piece of **** 6-bangers push 980hp at the wheels on TOTALLY STOCK bottom end(Mike C), Run 9.4 on totally stock engine (Dave H), and push 1453 ponies at the wheels out of the shitty 3.0 6-cyl (Saad Saad). Should i also mention 7's on stock IRS suspension, stock block, head, and diff? (Paul E). Oh wait, i forgot.. your engine is twice as big... That should make your cars twice as fast, right? The day i see a Vette come close to those numbers on factory parts, i'll admit my car to be a piece of ****. But untill then, please refrain from showing your ignorance by calling Supra a piece of ****.
I wouldn't agree with saying a supra is a piece of ****, as I feel they are increadible machines. While we are on the subject of ignorance, I just thought I'd bring a few things up. So your saying a C5 vette is in the 14's? Your saying a C5 vette is barely faster than an MK3? Your saying John has less money in his car than I have in mine worth of mods? How much does he have worth of mods? How much do I have? Please do tell.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown FRC
I wouldn't agree with saying a supra is a piece of ****, as I feel they are increadible machines. While we are on the subject of ignorance, I just thought I'd bring a few things up. So your saying a C5 vette is in the 14's? Your saying a C5 vette is barely faster than an MK3? Your saying John has less money in his car than I have in mine worth of mods? How much does he have worth of mods? How much do I have? Please do tell.
A C5 run 14s? Where is that darn laughing, beating the ground with fist, face... Thats a joke right? HA!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Im sorry im not very familiar with corvette models, i was under the impression that C5 is the base model. Whatever the base model is, in late 80's they did run 14's stock, according to the magazine article. I did not make this up from the back of my head.

As for John's mods,
Originally Posted by JBLMk3
Just thought I'd mention the mods on my car, it's the 1991 Mk3 Supra in the video. It's an all stock 180 cid 6 cylinder, stock bottom end, stock head and cams, stock fuel injectors with Walbro fuel pump and adjustable regulator, stock intercooler, stock turbo with a t04e compressor wheel in stock housing, 15 psi boost. The car put down 427.25 RWHP / 440.32 RWTQ ( http://www.jblmk3.com/id123.htm ). The car weighs 3550 with me in it. I was running ET streets, but on the second run it was from a roll at the very end of my second gear. I think we ran to about 130 or so. As I recall, the take off was even, I didn't get any "jumps" and there was no chance of the Vette catching me. All due respects to the car, it runs extremely well but the captions in the video make it look like I won because of "jumps" and an "early let-off". It was fun though. We seldom get any "new" races around here any more. Everyone pretty much knows how everyone else runs. Nice to have some new competition for a change.
Let's see....
Walbro pump - 100$
AFPR - 150$
to4e turbo upgrade - 500$
Open turbo elbow - free
Some misc minor mods that he might've forgotten to mention - maybe 500$
total ~ 1250$
Please -tell me how much money you have in mods, blown fpr.
Thank you
Old 11-12-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6speedemon
A C5 run 14s? Where is that darn laughing, beating the ground with fist, face... Thats a joke right? HA!

Thats always a good one. He said stock MK3's run high 14's and C5's are slightly faster. He also said the MK3 is actually FASTER 0-100mph. This guy really knows his stuff.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

Im sorry im not very familiar with corvette models, i was under the impression that C5 is the base model. Whatever the base model is, in late 80's they did run 14's stock, according to the magazine article. I did not make this up from the back of my head.

As for John's mods,

Let's see....
Walbro pump - 100$
AFPR - 150$
to4e turbo upgrade - 500$
Open turbo elbow - free
Some misc minor mods that he might've forgotten to mention - maybe 500$
total ~ 1250$
Please -tell me how much money you have in mods, blown fpr.
Thank you

Ok, in the 80s, those were called C4s, not C5s... a C5 is 97+... they run 13s
Old 11-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Teching In

I'm not an import guy but i'll give john props: he's got a quick car, and i've seen him with the other motor also and it was even quicker, if you beat him he'll shake your hand not make excuses, too bad more people don't race like him or steve (white 2000 ss).
Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLACKRAMSRT10
I'm not an import guy but i'll give john props: he's got a quick car, and i've seen him with the other motor also and it was even quicker, if you beat him he'll shake your hand not make excuses, too bad more people don't race like him or steve (white 2000 ss).
I shook his hand and chatted with him for a long time as I did with Steve. We are all cool about everything. What the hell is the problem?
Old 11-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ws6speedemon
Ok, in the 80s, those were called C4s, not C5s... a C5 is 97+... they run 13s
Thank you for the correction, as i stated before, i am not familiar with the corvette abbreviations. I was talking about late 80's vettes, so it shouldve been clear to you guys that im talking about C4's.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Teching In

who said i was talking to you blownf***** don't ask me what the hell my problem is online ask me to my face i'll be out saturday night. you know who i am and i know who you are. Wasn't talking to you but your awfull brave behind your computer
Old 11-12-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you for the correction, as i stated before, i am not familiar with the corvette abbreviations. I was talking about late 80's vettes, so it shouldve been clear to you guys that im talking about C4's.
First of all, you need to get educated about the subject before you try to argue about it. You are defining ignorance.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with C4's. Read the original comment and notice its reffering to a late model corvette vs and mk3 supra. I know its a lot to ask, but please learn something about what your arguing, and try to stay on topic before you make yourself look any more uneducated.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

who said i was talking to you blownf***** don't ask me what the hell my problem is online ask me to my face i'll be out saturday night. you know who i am and i know who you are. Wasn't talking to you but your awfull brave behind your computer
Originally Posted by BlownFRC
I shook his hand and chatted with him for a long time as I did with Steve. We are all cool about everything. What the hell is the problem?
It sounded a lot like you were implying Steve and John were cool about the race and I wasn't. Sorry if I sounded hostile, I'm just worked up because a lot of people seem to think I'm not cool with those 2 guys and the way the race went. I couldn't possibly say more good things about those guys and their rides than I already have. And for the record, I don't know who you are, sorry, there were a lot of people there.