Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

How do i post videos?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i post videos?

I have like a million awsome videos that i have found over time, and i want to know i would go about posting them on the forum...Any response would be nice!...

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

You need to host them on some webspace and then link them here
Old 11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

are there any free sites where i can do that?
Old 11-11-2004, 01:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like to know where to find these sites to? others have said the same thing on what to do, but that's only half the answer. let us know where to go please. i know everyone likes videos.

thanks,
Dave

ps......how about coming up with a few good verified options, and then making this a sticky? just an idea.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:57 PM
9 Second Club

ttt...........
Old 11-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Very few places are just going to hand over web space and more importantly BANDWIDTH for free. That stuff costs money ya know!

When you find a place to do it for free your allocated bandwidth is used up within just a few downloads any way. SO its pointless unless you want to dish out like 10 bucks/month.

Most people who post videos here just link to the video’s original host, and are not hosting the video themselves.

If you have a video that’s really cool some one would probably host it for ya, but if it’s just a bunch of **** you found on kazaa that everyone has seen already I doubt anyone will waste their bandwidth on that garbage.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:35 PM
9 Second Club

so are you saying that those with their own videos only pay $10 a month for the space? when my new car is up and running, i'd like to get a better site than the standard yahoo page that i can only post pics and no personal videos. i'd like to have some sort of a video library of about 2 doz. plus vid's when the time comes. not some kazaa vids, which i don't mind seeing if it's decent by the way. if it's only a small fee each month, where can i get a space of my own to host vids???????

thanks,
Dave
Old 11-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Many people who have there own space are just paying an internet fee and there ISP provides them with a certain amount of space an bandwidth limitations. You can still go over your bandwidth but you get allot more than a free service will provide you. I just signed on to *** cable internet and ended up only getting 10mb of web space as opposed to the 200mb that i got with my old ISP. My internet is faster now but I got screwed out of my beloved hosting abilities. I’m saying this because I think your best option is probably to sign on with an ISP that gives you space and a decent internet connection. As far as buying space separately, since I have always had web space come with my internet connection I can’t say I have looked into it enough to be able to recommend a reputable place for you.

Just start doing some Google searches and look into it. Maybe find a forum devoted to the subject and ask some questions to those people (they would know a hell of allot more about it than me).
Old 11-14-2004, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

thanks for your time man.

later,
Dave
Old 12-17-2004, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

If you'll give me about a week I'll be able to host any racing videos you have for free. I've got a good chunk of bandwidth and a dedicated server. Email me at speedkills20@yahoo.com and I'll give you more details.

Come to think of it, I've got some videos of my C5 I need to put up!
Old 12-17-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have a broadband connection, you could always set up a web or FTP server on your own machine and host the files yourself. That requires a decent amount of computer knowledge to get it working the way you want it though. There are also web services out there that allow you to do this without a static IP address, but I can't remember the name of the place my buddy used to use... It was free and worked well though.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Cable modems and DSL are almost always restricted to 256kbps upstream. That will barely handle a single connection if you stream the video.

dyndns.org will do a dynamic IP repoint. I've used it. It worked ok. Basically you install some software that notifies the DNS server each time your IP address changes. However most ISPs block port 80 outbound so that you can't run a webserver (Comcast does this).

So then you have to setup your webserver on port 8080. I had http://www.cjonesy.com redirect to http://cjonesy.homeip.net:8080 where my webserver was. Then you have to know how to setup a webserver and encode your videos. Oh yah and have a seperate dedicated server at home. Don't forget a UPS. Did you install all the latest patches to Windows?

Admining your own server blows.

As I said very shortly I will be able to host anyones videos for free. Push as much bandwidth as you like but videos will be limited to 5 minutes and probably 350kbps bitrates.
Old 12-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

you could always send them to www.racingflix.com, they host for free and the premium membership is only $5 a month. ive been a member for a long time, and i enjoy it.

anthony
Old 12-18-2004, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Racingflix.com is cool but I hate how you have to signup just to view a video. It's nice to be able to just post a direct link to a forum, you click it and it works. No BS.

Plus if you want to upload a video to them they ask for a URL which means you already have it on a webserver!