Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

SRT-4 - Reality vids

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a reality check but you see a hella lot more women driving fbods and stangs than neons. How can a real performance car offer a V6 option? Never seen a V6 vette or Viper.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Well, if we allow women to join this site, I suppose we have to allow men that prefer girl cars to join as well

Honestly, I have nothing against the SRT-4's. Some are pretty quick, but a lot of the owners have a ricer mentality. They are the ones who make them all look bad. And yes, it's still a Neon...just like the T/A is still a Firebird.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boostedte37
Just a reality check but you see a hella lot more women driving fbods and stangs than neons. How can a real performance car offer a V6 option? Never seen a V6 vette or Viper.
So then I guess the Supra, Skyline, Grand National, and first gen Camaros are not real performance cars by your definition.

They do it to accomplish their main goal- to sell cars.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by horist
eh the neons can beat cars all day long... still a neon ... not my cup of tea

And a Trans Am is still JUST a Trans AM to a certain Viper owners , even if you drag one.

NEXXXXXXXXXXT.......
Old 12-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by enisguy
So then I guess the Supra, Skyline, Grand National, and first gen Camaros are not real performance cars by your definition.

They do it to accomplish their main goal- to sell cars.
Seriously, The last gen Supras and Skylines are in a whole different ballgame compared to the fbods. They are true perfomance engineered cars.
The GN is just another regal wearing a turbo motor, even in stock form it wasn,t that fast. Yes they can be modded to beat any car but like you said they are built for quantity not quality. I have the parts list to prove it from my Firebird T/A.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Seriously, The last gen Supras and Skylines are in a whole different ballgame compared to the fbods. They are true perfomance engineered cars.
The GN is just another regal wearing a turbo motor, even in stock form it wasn,t that fast. Yes they can be modded to beat any car but like you said they are built for quantity not quality. I have the parts list to prove it from my Firebird T/A.
Then let me ask you this, why do you even drive an LT1 Trans Am?
Old 12-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

Because I can,t afford a Supra or Skyline or Z06 or Viper.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

My Grandma loves her Neon too! She says it makes her feel young all over again.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

regular neone=
only due to the SRT-4 do i give the car some respect.........i know on the outside its still a neon but thats a pretty nasty lil 4 banger they have under the hood
and under the hood it where i say it counts!! just my 2 cents
Old 12-12-2004, 11:02 PM
10-Second Club

How can a real performance car offer a V6 option? Never seen a V6 vette or Viper.
Because they can make money selling them since they ustalize the assembly line better by making more cars on it.

F-bods are muscle/pony cars, not sports cars. They have back seats....but at least they don't have 4 doors, lol.

None of the cars in the neon vids even appeared to modded. Out here there was a guy that had at least $5k into his neon & was running 13's.......and not even very low 13's so I'm not sure what he bought or if he spent it wisely, but I'll take my V8 optioned pony car any day.

Something else I've noticed, since the import craze started, I haven't gotten pulled over near as much
Old 12-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Modsquad
Because they can make money selling them since they ustalize the assembly line better by making more cars on it.

F-bods are muscle/pony cars, not sports cars. They have back seats....but at least they don't have 4 doors, lol.

None of the cars in the neon vids even appeared to modded. Out here there was a guy that had at least $5k into his neon & was running 13's.......and not even very low 13's so I'm not sure what he bought or if he spent it wisely, but I'll take my V8 optioned pony car any day.

Something else I've noticed, since the import craze started, I haven't gotten pulled over near as much
I,m sorry do you think I own a Neon? I have a T/A so your preachin to the choir.(did I spell that right)? you know what I mean.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

You know Mighty Mouse, who has one of the fastest turbo LS1's on the planet, drove my car a few months back and was highly impressed with the car. He was chirping gears with 4.... NO 5! people in the car (his girlfriend is tiny) he had a lot of fun driving it. He also say that if he had not dropped so much $$$ into his car he would not mind having one as a daily driver either. Anyway...

Like I said before if you guys want to hate an "American built" car that runs 13's from the factory, runs 12's with DR's and some cheap mods, and runs 11's for 3k then so be it. Nothing I can do about it...

Just remember! It is a Neon till it beats your ***, THEN it is an SRT-4
Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
Just remember! It is a Neon till it beats your ***, THEN it is an SRT-4
It can be a Neon or a SRT-4, it really doesn't matter, it's still ugly, and it still looks like a bag of skittles. It could whup my *** in a race all day and night, and I would laugh because my car doesn't look like a freakin beetle. There's a reason f-body owners can talk as much trash about a neon as they want because they own beautiful, fast, awesome sounding cars, and the srt-4.... is still a neon.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:22 AM
11 Second Club

Srt-4 is quiet, smooth, comfortable (nice seats.. pain in the *** to get in and out of though, but once your in.. feel great), fun, and cheap. I wouldn't dis on one unless the owner dissed me first (I only know one cool srt-4 owner, so the chances of that happening are pretty high). I'd buy one for a daily driver if it was RWD... Thats the thing that kills the car the most.. cosmetics can be fixed with some draglites and a cowl hood.. FWD cannot without spending more money than its worth.. lol.

I still don't think the car looks all that great though, but its at least better than a base neon.. or a metro.. It has its niche.. but its not at the top of the food chain..

Peace,
Josh
Old 12-13-2004, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Debian Dog

It is a Neon till it beats your ***, THEN it is an SRT-4
That's why they will always be Neons.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The first vid was hilarious his speedo didnt even look like it was moving hardly but they kept filming it like it was impressive or something. I hope he was stock. I loved the part at the track where the neon runs the mustang but noones watching the race everyone is looking at who's staging next because noone was interested.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Srt-4 is quiet, smooth, comfortable.
Unless something's changed drastically since they came out I beg to differ. They're the roughest riding fwd vehicle I've ever been in. I didn't find the seats comfortable at all and the only thing quiet about them is their stereo. I guess they're a drastic improvement from the past neons though. BTW debian your neon doesnt run 13s from the factory nor does it run 12s with drs and the only thing 3k gets you is another block after you blow that one up trying to get 11s. If you honestly believe you're a 12 second neon on drag radials and a few hundred in mods then I want some of what you're smoking.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by King02SS
BTW debian your neon doesnt run 13s from the factory nor does it run 12s with drs and the only thing 3k gets you is another block after you blow that one up trying to get 11s. If you honestly believe you're a 12 second neon on drag radials and a few hundred in mods then I want some of what you're smoking.
Well I have seen it done several times. I know quite a few people that have done the turbo, fuel system, intercooler upgrade and ran 11's and I PERSONALLY took mine to the track the day I bought it (110 mile on the OD) and put down 14.01 @ 99. I am SURE, now that I know how to drive it and it is a bit broken, in I could shave a 100th of a second off my time.

Car and driver ran a 13.8 Road and track a 13.7 or vice versa I forget.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Im pretty sure the reason people now a days (f body owners cobra guys) dislike the SRT-4 is because the owners who drive them. Yes most owners are as*holes but so are most Grand National guys that i met in the past. I look at the SRT the sameway i look at the GN went it first came out noone like the "v6" people thought it was a POS just because it wasnt a V8...Now its a legend today...not saying the SRT4 is gonna be a legend but it will have its turn to prove itself (which its doing right now). I think in about 10 years from now with only a run of 30,000 SRTs built in 3 years (last year for SRT-4 is 05') People will mod these cars jus like how the GN is modded today.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

I kinda agree with that, most SRT-4 owners i run into are ******** BUT some are cool guys i still havent met one that beat me but that doesnt mean i dont respect them or that i am not careful when i do run into one. There is a dude around here in West Chester who did a CRAP load of stuff to his neon he upgraded the fuel system got a bigger turbo and intercooler and god knows what he did to the engine and how much boost he is running but that thing is fast i think he puts down somewhere in the 400-430WHP. He already spanked one of my friends who drives a 2000 Camaro SS with full exhaust. But you know what who cares because we all know each other we all drive fast american cars and we are all friends havin fun Theres always someone who will be faster...just have to dump more money so it will be you