Old 04-25-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn it looks like they dont even want to stop attacking. AWSOME
Old 04-25-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
But from training so many dogs, I think I would rather have a Pitbull on my side...
Yeah, pitbulls are crazy. I've seen a vid of the dude getting attacked by one. His friend was trying to get the dog off by taking FULL swings to the head with a baseball bat, but the dog didn't let go. It wasn't until he starting hiting the dog in the hind legs when it let go. I want one too.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Belgian Malinois are the heat! Plain and simple. I have worked them almost exclusively as a K9 handler in the Air Force. I also have a retired bomb/patrol Mal sleeping on my couch right now. Those dogs are trained well, some departments choose to not focus on bite release because they feel it takes away some of the dog's drive. Awesome video!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K9 Pusher
Belgian Malinois are the heat! Plain and simple. I have worked them almost exclusively as a K9 handler in the Air Force. I also have a retired bomb/patrol Mal sleeping on my couch right now. Those dogs are trained well, some departments choose to not focus on bite release because they feel it takes away some of the dog's drive. Awesome video!
Cool...I spent last summer at Lackland AFB training with my Malinois...I'm part of the TSA EDT K9 program. My partner, Pascha, is a 65lb female...we're strictly explosives detection, no patrol training. I'm not shocked to see a Mal have problems with bite release...getting my Mal to release the Kong is a daily struggle!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Just cause a dog weighs more..doesnt mean it's gonna win the fight. Truse me, i know! I saw a video as well of a 75 pound pitbull destroy a german sheperd that weighed dmore than 100lbs.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

i have friends with pits, they are solid muscle, no matter what you feed them. i don't ever want one after me. i certainly don't want anything bigger than a beagle after me though.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Yeah thats definitely french their speakin, yeah they look like they are pretty tough *** dogs if you ask me. I sure do like the way they do it in Germany though, they use pedigrede(sp?) boxers as police dogs, one of the main reasons being they can have there muzzle flat up against a perp and still be able to bite them. Now that is awesome, plus boxers have just as much speed and explosive energy as any dog. I have a 1 year old female and we have a game where we try to catch her and she runs, well I like to think I am pretty quick 4.7 sec/ 40 yard dash, and I had 5 friends plus me one day try to catch her and she never did get caught. She catches squirrels all the time, freaking crazy.

Remington
Old 04-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

damn thats nice man. I got a 13 month old Doberman.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

from the video i would say that the dogs were in training, but i am not a dog training expert. i cant even get my basset hound to stop chewing plastic lawnchairs.....
Old 04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Great Video!

I have a preference to Rottweilers, but I can definitely see the advantage of having such a lean body in the Malinois. My girl is 10 years old and still has a great deal of strength and agility, but really not capable of jumping over cars. I really enjoy the intelligence the German Shep and Rotts bring to the picture.

Question for you all who have owned these breeds (German, Rott, Pitts, Malinois). Once you owned these dogs, do you feel intimidated by any other dog?

Rani
Old 04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Teching In

my friend has a great pyranees. i wrestled it.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Dam those dogs are no joke
Old 04-27-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wolverine-02
Question for you all who have owned these breeds (German, Rott, Pitts, Malinois). Once you owned these dogs, do you feel intimidated by any other dog?

Rani
I used to have 3 pitbulls, 2 males and 1 female. One of my males was a grandson of the great "Going Light Barney". Pitbull people will know who that dog was My favorite dog of all time was my female pit. She could climb trees that I couldn't even climb, could get over fences that were 8 ft high and she only weighed 45 lbs. she also caught numerous birds and she was smart as a whip and could understand so many english words that we used to have to speak in code so she wouldn't know what we were saying .... she figured out a few of the codes too Some other breeds I've had are a Husky, a German Shepard, Great Dane, A Boxer, Labradors, numerous mutts of all sizes. I can tell you that there are 8-10 breeds that you don't want anything to do with in a fight, but the #1 is the Pitbull. You can't hurt them, and they won't quit even if you do. A Pitbull will kill any other kind of dog even if that dog weighs double what the Pit does. But for all that fierce potential I've found that if raised correctly they are one of the mellowest, happiest lapdogs you ever saw. My 3 were just about the exact opposite of how the media potrays them ? The entire time I had them only one of them ever managed to get himself into a fight with another dog and it was with a German Shepard that attacked my dog in his own front yard. The next thing I knew my dog had that shepard by the side of his head and was dragging him around the yard and shaking him so hard that he couldn't regain his feet. I finally used a stick to pry his mouth open to free the shepard and never saw that dog again.

As a side note, I've never been impressed with the intelligence of a Shepard. Rotties, Boxers, Cattle dogs, some labs ( I've currently got two labs, a chocolate and a yellow, one smart, one .. umm ... NOT ! lol ! ) etc yes, but not a shepard. Just my own experience.

Last edited by Racehead; 04-29-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had a boxer too and he would do the same thing to people he didnt like too much coming in the yard. he was great with little kids and most adults if i brought him to them but we have had a couple of meter people hoping the fence. well this lady who is president of the homeowners association came over snoopin around as we were doing some work before all the necessisary permits were done and he supposedly bit her. we just gave him to a family friend and kept our female which passed2 months ago. now we have one of thier puppies and hes a big sissy.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Launching!

WOW. Can you imagine if they put those in the ghetto?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
9 Second Club

my brother's female pitbull skateboards..... nuff said lol shes a nice dog too.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Launching!

There appeared to be some pretty serious control issues there. It looked the the dogs didn't want to come off the bite when instructed.

A dog that has that much drive that won't come off the bite is scary. It's a pretty serious personality or training flaw unless it was intentional as mentioned previously.

It sure was fun to watch.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

You wanna talk Bad-*** dog fighter ya gotta talk Tosa-Inu

Me? I'm not into dog fighting so I got me one of these push-overs.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
chronic masturbator

racehead I know of barney, I myself have a american pitbull terrier, and a corso, great dogs super high energy, as far as the malinois is concerned they are like any other dog in the aspect of they are like a switch on one side they are a pet, and on the other side they are natural killers/attackers and its hard for the dog to disregaurd its instincts for commands, I know this very well in training my dogs for sled pull and springpole, last summer my apbt had jumped onto his 10' springpole and hung there for hours I had to get a waterhose out and hose him down to get him off, but anyways good vid
Old 04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
7 Second Club

My German Sheperd must be a special one or something.I know the breeder that my brother got him from jokingly asked for him back when he was 6 months old.

His kills to date

75-80lb Pitbull/boxer mix ripped his throat out and tore big chunks of his face and tongue off.Gruesome scene.

80lb mutt that wandered into my yard,I found the dog dead in my yard after coming home from work.Sarge(my dog) had to be put away before I could get the dead dog away from him.It's the only time he got nasty with me,I guess he was guarding his kill.

He would have killed my 70 lb male husky if my son and I hadn't gotten them apart.He had the dogs entire throat/neck in his mouth and was shaking him like a leaf and carrying him around our yard.I gave him a blast of cold water in the face from a hose to get him to let go.

I know my dog would get taken out by a big pit or rott,but a regular dog under 100 lbs will be pushing up daisies if they tangle with him.

He can really kick some *** but that's not what I got him for.He is the Director of Security at my homestead and a faithful,dedicated pet.If I raise my voice to him,he'll low crawl on his belly and whine until I pet him.He's brutal when dealing with strangers and critters but is a big baby when it comes to our family.