Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Cavalier gets a new front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 04:46 AM
On The Tree

Default Cavalier gets a new front bumper

Old 07-17-2005 | 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Are you saying the GTO looks like a cavalier. I will admit it may be fast but it sure doesn't look like a muscle car. But thats just wrong to say it's a cavalier, kindda funny though. Lots of people say that the sunfire looks like a baby T/A. At least it's normally worded that way instead of your T/A looks like a giant sunfire
Old 07-17-2005 | 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Nice pictures but I'm not understanding your thread title
Old 07-17-2005 | 09:13 AM
11 Second Club

pictures not working for me???????????????
Old 07-17-2005 | 09:24 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

From: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

no working pics and from the first reply it sounds dumb anyway.

Brad
Old 07-17-2005 | 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
no working pics and from the first reply it sounds dumb anyway.

Brad

have you looked atyour web page latley..? holy **** talk about dumb.... get a life nerd...
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DZmedia
have you looked atyour web page latley..? holy **** talk about dumb.... get a life nerd...
Easy killer

From the looks of the thread title, it's someone posting pictures of their cavalier on a ls1 board. People come to this site to see camaros, trans ams, corvettes, etc. So when they come and see what looks to be a cavalier post, it'll get some negative reactions.

Diolar...the pictures are working now. Give this guy a second chance before you judge without looking what he brings to this site. His photography skills are amazing.

DZmedia...your work is tastefully done. I enjoyed looking through the photo's you have brought to this site. I hope that one day down the road, I will have my photography skills equal to what you have. Thanks for sharing your work and I hope to see more.

And Diolar.....what in the hell are you doing out of the photoshop thread. Get you *** back in there and keep knocking out those requests.
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

For those of whom can't see the pictures, its that of a '04 GTO with the Holden Front Fascia and rear tailights I believe. He was trying to be "funny" by stating that the GTO looks like a Cavalier thus the new fascia is the "Cavalier" getting a new front bumper.

Ed
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
Are you saying the GTO looks like a cavalier. I will admit it may be fast but it sure doesn't look like a muscle car. But thats just wrong to say it's a cavalier, kindda funny though. Lots of people say that the sunfire looks like a baby T/A. At least it's normally worded that way instead of your T/A looks like a giant sunfire

is the GTO a muscle car?

GTO stands for “Gran Turismo Omologato” or “Grand Tour Homogolated”.

The initials were used by Ferrari to describe what is now one of the most sought after collectors’ cars in the world. I would suggest that at the time it meant that the car complied with a set of competition regulations for production car racing. (Le Mans maybe or other long distance race?) Homologated means the car has “an official specification of performance for sale in a particular market or use in a particular class of racing” (OED).
Pontiac finally did something right and made the GTO a touring car... what it was originally named.... TOURING CAR... not MUSCLE CAR!!!!

Last edited by DZmedia; 07-17-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

I concur with the above statement.
Ed
Old 07-17-2005 | 04:53 PM
On The Tree

i get pretty damned pissed when people say the new gto is lame it looks like a caviler, doesnt look like anything special, doesnt look like the older ones.

look at the 02 f bodies, they dont look anything like the original.

and the original gto wasnt anything special at all just a normal pontiac tempest with a big motor. so all this car is, is a normal looking car with a powerful motor, better brakes and supspension, air conditioning, leather, cd player, if you ask me its the best gto ever built.

then some will say its just a holden with pontiac badges,, so what!!!!!!!!!! gm owns holden. they had the right idea to bring a good car over here, instead of building one from scratch.
Old 07-19-2005 | 12:27 PM
Teching In

Well to bad, I would hate to tell all my friends I got beat by a cavalier.
The gto looks good.
Old 07-19-2005 | 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The new GTO's look good, and are damn good cars all-around no matter what anyone else says.
Old 07-19-2005 | 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm so bored with people comparing the styling of the GTO to a Cavalier, Grand Am, Grand Prix, etc... Its old by now. Get over it. Its not an ugly car at all. Is it the most exciting looking goat ever? No. So what? Its a great car and way better built than our F-bods. There will be plenty of mods to make the GTO stand out visually.
Old 07-19-2005 | 01:51 PM
On The Tree

I'm with Yellow04, The original GTO was based of a car they already had and it wasn't that sporty, just a little more agressive than a Tempest.... I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over the new GTO looking like a family car... Personally, I love them
Old 07-19-2005 | 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

right................
Old 07-19-2005 | 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks great with the Holden stuff!
Old 07-19-2005 | 06:40 PM
Teching In

its not really the fact that the new GTO doesnt look like the old one. Hell i bet people said the same thing when they came out, ohh it looks like a tempest. Its the fact that its the original muscle car. It made a name for itself over the years it was in production. To me to bring an import car and give it a name of an american icon is sort of sad. Ya the latest T/A doesnt look anything like the original but it has attitude. There is noting that the new GTO has that catches my eye. But hey thats my 2 cents. Its an over all nice looking car, agian "nice". But i cant tell one from an Grand Prix when it pulls up behind me. At least a Trans Am just looks so damn mean. Like its going to eat ya! But hey what do I know Im just some college kid.
Old 07-19-2005 | 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by do0dfromcali
From the looks of the thread title, it's someone posting pictures of their cavalier on a ls1 board. People come to this site to see camaros, trans ams, corvettes, etc. So when they come and see what looks to be a cavalier post, it'll get some negative reactions.
why is that? i go to several other types of car specific message boards and in their appearence sections they always have posts with pics of other cars. not ONCE have i seen on say supraforums.com that "that car is a trans am get it off our SUPRA board". rather they give props where needed and opinions where needed.

this is a problem i only see on fbody boards (i visit several and all are the same). why are WE the only ones that do that?
Old 07-19-2005 | 08:25 PM
On The Tree

i dont see the resemblence????
Attached Thumbnails Cavalier gets a new front bumper-28.jpg   Cavalier gets a new front bumper-041125-c4770.jpg   Cavalier gets a new front bumper-p6110338.jpg