Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

My MX clip

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My MX clip

Just thought I would share some vids. Even if it isn't car related. Here is the website I'm on. http://www.rockyroostmx.com/rrr.html and here is the vid clip. http://www.rockyroost.net/2.mov
Enjoy: Brian
Attached Thumbnails My MX clip-race-yfz.jpg   My MX clip-tabletop.jpg   My MX clip-me-jumping-double.jpg  
Old 12-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Launching!

sweet man. I have a white and red 450 just like that. One of the sweetest quads out right now. I love mine.

By the way what kind of pipe you have on there soounds a lot like mine. Sounds good man.

Last edited by PGT-ZE; 12-10-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PGT-ZE
sweet man. I have a white and red 450 just like that. One of the sweetest quads out right now. I love mine.

By the way what kind of pipe you have on there soounds a lot like mine. Sounds good man.
I see you also have the HMF pipe. I have the full system what about you? I have a few go fast goodies on her. I bought a rev box and k and n filter. I am going to do the cam mod soon. What kind of riding do you do?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice quad, I have an '04 Honda 450R. Love it, I've ridden them all.

How do you like those Holeshots? I'm going to do either Holeshots, or Razr 2s.

Are those 20s, or 22s out back?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

Nice. Here are some pics of my buddies 450R, I sold my wheeler so... Also, the 450r has hot cam stage 2 cam, K&N filter w/ no lid, and a HMF slip-on.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Ya man i love my HMF pipe. Its only the slip on. I also have the K&N and rejetted. And I have done the cammod already and love it. It gives a nice gain all the way through the power i think. And i also think the HMF pipe helps that a lot and you may notice it more since you have the full system. Umm i do just bout all kinds of ridin. As far as trail riding and we have a track back home thats pretty cool to ride on. I have ridden in the sand but i need some paddles and it would be a lot more fun. Where do you live?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

Cool
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Teching In

I love the holeshots. They give me a lot more grip at the track. And being a smaller tire it gives me quicker aceleration.

Yea I notice the full system. But the rev box is what gives me more top end. Now it really screams. I love the fact that the full HMF is more ridable then stock. You notice that there is power all over the powerband iinstead of certain areas. I live in upstate NY. But I am moving as soon as I join the Air Force and get out of the Army.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Launching!

Yeah I think you will love the Cam mod then. It will open up your powerband nicely. And plus you cant go wrong its free. I may have to check into one of them rev boxes then. I know the 450 screams up top so it would probably like the rev box. Where did you get it and how much do they run?
Old 12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Teching In

I got mine from Rocky Mountain ATV. It was 199.99. Trust me it is worth the money. When it would let off before it still pulls. Plus if you are going to put smaller tires on it you will need the rev box. I haven't done the cam mod yet but I am soon. I am debating on buying an aftermarket cam or using the stock one. I will probably just use the stock one.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Ya I may have to check into that when i get some extra cash. I need some new rear tires maybe they will give me a deal on a tire/wheel combo and rev box. lol. Ya i just used my stock one. I dont know if you are familiar with the site. yfzcentral.com. But they have some good forums there and they have dyno plots and everything of before and after the cammod. And i know a lot of the users have tried cammod vs i think like web cams and hot cams and somes of the aftermarket cams. But i think the cammod it actually really close to what gains you see out of the other cams. You may see a hp or 2 more here and there over the cam mod but i was very pleased with just using the cam mod. But its your call if you have the extra cash then go for it but i think either way youl like whatever you do the 450 responds nicely to either i think. And either way you'll leave the Honda's even further behind!. lol
Old 12-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Yea, I have been on YFZcentral. Have you been to Bluetraxx.com. That is were i bought my Decompression plug from. You should get one for yours if you haven't already. They had a problem with the 04's. The Decompression plug was popping out of the engine and all the oil comes out. It is only like 20 dollars and will save your engine. The gain from aftermarket is only one or two horsepower. but if you do internal mods the aftermarket shines a lot more then stock. I will most likely just do the stock cam. I mean it is free and doesn't take that long to do. They have tire wheel combos from Rocky Mountain ATV. That is where I got my tire wheel combo from. If you do a lot of trail riding get either the same size tires you have now or a little bigger. If you are doing groomed trails and MX then get 20's on the back and the next size down from the stock fronts. I love my MXR's and MX's the MX's are better by far for steering. You might want a steering stablizer because with the MX's it is really touchy. The MXR's I noticed greater acelleration and they get a hell of a lot better hook up then stock. I wouldn't mind getting some Truf Tamers for the rear though. IMO they are the best for racing MX.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Ya Id go with stock cams for now untill maybe if you do a whole new top end then the aftermarket cams will probably make more power. Ya I have already experienced the decompression plug blow out. Thank got i wasnt too far from home. I heard somethin kinda wierd and look down and theres oil all over my foot and head pipe. I got the one from Thumpertalk, the red one to match my frame. That and have you had your waterpump seal go out yet. Mine did last summer. So i had to replace that and those are really the only problems i have had with it. Total niether repais costed more than 50 bucks so thats cool. Ya I was thinkin bout gettin the Kenda Knarlys, a guy that has them say they wear like iron. But im not sure if they get as good a hook. So i will have to see. Did you get douglas wheels? I thought bout getin the ITP T9's. But all i know is that i want somethin strong that isnt goin to bed or anything. Cause i think i bent one of my stockers already which doesnt really take much i guess.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Well the stock wheels are just like T9's you know. I have T9's that I gave to my brother. I bought them for my old banshee. The stock wheels aren't that bad. I have the T9 Baja's on mine. They are a little heavier then stock but they work wonders with the mud ejection ports. I have the red plug also from thumpertalk. I replaced my waterpump seal but it went again. Hey at least you found out before your engine was toast. Replacing those valves would have been a bitch since they are like 200 per valve.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Ya thats what i was thinking bout going with the douglls 190's are something. Something pretty heave. My friend has a predator and i like his wheels. They are really beefy. Ya i was glad i saw it right away. the plug was still laying on my skid plate so i pushed it back in enough to get home and let it sit untill i got the new one. I think the 05's had the whole cast shut in the head so they didnt have to worry bout it. Ya titaniums nice untill you have to replace it. especially when you have 5 of them. What are you running for jettin in yours?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I went up one on the pilot and the main I have to adjust my mixture needle still. The Pred came stock with Douglus 190's. I love ITP a lot more then Douglus. I have Douglus Wheels on my 87 LT250R. They aren't bad but I like the way the ITP's look. If anyone is interested I have a 87 Suzuki LT250R for sale. 500 takes it. Needs top and bottom end replaced. Has plus 2 and plus 4 axles have an extra set of hubs on the other axle. Dual rate shocks on the front rrevalved rear, steering stablizer, extra plastic(stock plastic still in great shape) Holeshots all around on Douglus wheels, Renthal bars, and many more.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Teching In

I also have a 2000 YZ250 dirtbike runs great all stock except it has graffix and a seat cover. New chain and sprockets. 2,500
Old 12-18-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Quads heres mine

Old 12-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Nice quad...your frame looks like mine. lol. Did you have it powdercoated?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PGT-ZE
Nice quad...your frame looks like mine. lol. Did you have it powdercoated?

Yes sir. Translucent red