Old 12-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god i'm so tired of posts about these turds
Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, I know what you're saying...

I, myself, miss those videos of, you know, some guy in Town No-where (population:56) doing a burnout with his Z28 on an empty road, with a barn in the background, for no reason other than having just installed an exhaust. I don't feel we have enough of these, dammit... We need more!!!

EDIT: Whew... It's okay, we have one right now... No barn but it will have to do.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/424782-wow-watch-perfect-burn-out.html

For a second there I was getting my mullet in a knot! Now that's a vid! Ya-hooo LS1's!

EDIT2: Here, even better:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/416749-rednecks-still-tippin-44s.html

So, people can post this on a car tech enthusiast site but not 800 awhp cars?

Last edited by bboyferal; 12-21-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

I'm sure He blows through transfer cases, though..
I dont think so alot of dsm tuners just have john shepard build there cases. some of the guys at my work are have shepard build them there cases. I think john shepard is running hi 7s now so thats proof enough that it can hold up. as for people who dont think that 800whp is alot on the street especially for a 4 cylinder are just player haters.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by allthrotle
as for people who dont think that 800whp is alot on the street especially for a 4 cylinder are just player haters.
"player haters" ??? gimme a fuggin break..
Old 12-21-2005, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Yeah, I know what you're saying...

I, myself, miss those videos of, you know, some guy in Town No-where (population:56) doing a burnout with his Z28 on an empty road, with a barn in the background, for no reason other than having just installed an exhaust. I don't feel we have enough of these, dammit... We need more!!!

EDIT: Whew... It's okay, we have one right now... No barn but it will have to do.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424782

For a second there I was getting my mullet in a knot! Now that's a vid! Ya-hooo LS1's!

EDIT2: Here, even better:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416749

So, people can post this on a car tech enthusiast site but not 800 awhp cars?

lol it's an up-hill battle my friend.
Killing others is bad right? You throw god/Jesus in the mix, justifies it for the "faithfull."
Same with stuff here, EVO putting down 800+awd-hp which will beat just about 98% of the cars on these forums easily, but gets ragged on by all the tire kickers, people who are just hatefully biased and last but not least, the desk-top racers.
Make it a 800+hp c5/c6/ls1/etc. vehicle, and bam, you have instant happiness by all because, that's this forums 'god/jesus/beacon-o-faith.'

Why? The mentality: "That 800+hp Corvette may cornhole my car till the cows come home, but at least it's on 'my side'."

Well, pretty much everyone on here can hand my cars *** to me lol I'm sorry, but you mid-tree guys that are above me but below the heavy hitters, you're going to have to accept that there are things faster than you, and a lot of them aren't domestic cars.

As i said in another forum, even I'm biased....at least it's not a Hawn-duh
Old 12-21-2005, 04:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

97'RS6. nice; well said. I'm not one to hate on other cars since most of my friends are faster than me ( for the mean time ). Gotta say though, a 800hp evo it fucken impressive to me.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
lol it's an up-hill battle my friend.
Killing others is bad right? You throw god/Jesus in the mix, justifies it for the "faithfull."
Same with stuff here, EVO putting down 800+awd-hp which will beat just about 98% of the cars on these forums easily, but gets ragged on by all the tire kickers, people who are just hatefully biased and last but not least, the desk-top racers.
Make it a 800+hp c5/c6/ls1/etc. vehicle, and bam, you have instant happiness by all because, that's this forums 'god/jesus/beacon-o-faith.'

Why? The mentality: "That 800+hp Corvette may cornhole my car till the cows come home, but at least it's on 'my side'."

Well, pretty much everyone on here can hand my cars *** to me lol I'm sorry, but you mid-tree guys that are above me but below the heavy hitters, you're going to have to accept that there are things faster than you, and a lot of them aren't domestic cars.

As i said in another forum, even I'm biased....at least it's not a Hawn-duh

Good post, man.

You speak with a depth of perspective befitting an LS1 owner... come on, man... what's up? Is it money? You gotta save! You gotta give a little gift to yourself, it's Christmas. You have to get LS1'ed!

Last edited by bboyferal; 12-21-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
"player haters" ??? gimme a fuggin break..
Hey, it could have been worse. He could have written, "playa haterz!"
Old 12-21-2005, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Why does it matter what kind of car it is?

A fast car is a fast car.

This is the way I see it.

And what made LS1 so special? Not everything revovles around LS1s...

This car is also daily driven. I dont get it. There is a lot of bad talk about how much HP this car has or whatever but I dont see anyone trying to race it...
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's big numbers from a small engine. I give it props... I just think it's ugly.. I'd like to see some track times and some vids of it from the hole.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mahhddgtp
It's big numbers from a small engine. I give it props... I just think it's ugly.. I'd like to see some track times and some vids of it from the hole.
Well it made a little more then there own shop car.

Here is a ViD of there shop car at the track: ViD 9.48@156.6 mph
Old 12-21-2005, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Come on guys. Everyone knows with enough money ANYTHING can be FAST
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
To bad no matter how much time, igorant people cant be educated.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
god i'm so tired of posts about these turds
So quit looking at them. You obviouslt don't have anything good to add so it will be a win win situation for everyeone.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
A ricer told me that after I beat him, once.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slowsrt4
Why does it matter what kind of car it is?

A fast car is a fast car.

This is the way I see it.

And what made LS1 so special? Not everything revovles around LS1s...

This car is also daily driven. I dont get it. There is a lot of bad talk about how much HP this car has or whatever but I dont see anyone trying to race it...

I was defending this car, but I'll tell you, the LS1 is special.

It's been over 35 years being made, and the GM small-block V8 gets better and better. The 4g63 is badass, but it doesn't have the history and refinement of an LS1. You can get 1k rwhp out of the 4g63 max effort, but you'll always get more out of the LS1 max effort. We you go all out, it all falls on displacement. Hell, some street TT Viper set-ups are well over 2k bhp right now (8L V-10).

There are alot of losers talking smack here that would get smoked by this thing, including me (not the talking smack part), but there are street-driven cars here that would match it and some that would beat it, of course not many. The performance hobby revolves around many key motors, technologies, and manufacturers. Hell, I hate to admit it, but look at fox body Mustangs... an eight or nine second Fox doesn't even impress anybody anymore, they're standard almost. The low weight, cheap to build, high-displacement PROVEN V-8's, and cheap aftermarket give them an edge over EVO's, LS1's, and others. There are alot of special cars. The EVO is new here and breaking records. This AMS EVO is a SPECIAL car, indeed. Very special. Some Evo's may do it later...

But this one's doing it first. I think that's awesome.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

I was defending this car, but I'll tell you, the LS1 is special.

It's been over 35 years being made, and the GM small-block V8 gets better and better. The 4g63 is badass, but it doesn't have the history and refinement of an LS1. You can get 1k rwhp out of the 4g63 max effort, but you'll always get more out of the LS1 max effort. We you go all out, it all falls on displacement. Hell, some street TT Viper set-ups are well over 2k bhp right now (8L V-10).

There are alot of losers talking smack here that would get smoked by this thing, including me (not the talking smack part), but there are street-driven cars here that would match it and some that would beat it, of course not many. The performance hobby revolves around many key motors, technologies, and manufacturers. Hell, I hate to admit it, but look at fox body Mustangs... an eight or nine second Fox doesn't even impress anybody anymore, they're standard almost. The low weight, cheap to build, high-displacement PROVEN V-8's, and cheap aftermarket give them an edge over EVO's, LS1's, and others. There are alot of special cars. The EVO is new here and breaking records. This AMS EVO is a SPECIAL car, indeed. Very special. Some Evo's may do it later...

But this one's doing it first. I think that's awesome.
Great post.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Good post, man.

You speak with a depth of perspective befitting an LS1 owner... come on, man... what's up? Is it money? You gotta save! You gotta give a little gift to yourself, it's Christmas. You have to get LS1'ed!
You're right on the money...or rather...lack there of...on my part anyhow It was either, mom buys the car she wants and pays for insurance, or i play pack-mule and carry that all by my-self starting off with no job and an 83' Datsun 200SX that had tried to kill me multiple times lol so, being that this was a while back, i said what anyone in my situation would have said...sure! then i looked into it and realise hey, it would have been cheaper to get a used 1998 z-28...etc.
So yeah it's a daily reminder to look before you leap lol.

And i have been LS1ed...just...with me...looking at the tail-lights and all...but hey i enjoy it lol i'd race a jet with a tricycle just to see how i measured up.

Anyhow thanks for the comments on the post, much appreciated usually frowned upon with the little ol' v-6.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
...and an 83' Datsun 200SX that had tried to kill me multiple times...

Evidence of my long-held belief that some cars are EVIL!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

You know what....**** that evo....

Yes the world does revolve around LS1, atleast on this site it does. Call me ignorant, I call it passionate. I'm suprised nobody else has commented on this but have y'all ever hear of W2W, or Wheel 2 Wheel?? 1697HP!!!!!! running 30lbs boost, ran a 6.86 in the quarter.....Where's that Evo at?? You can read more about it Nov. edition of HRM.