Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

uh oh ams is going big(vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
You know what....**** that evo....

Yes the world does revolve around LS1, atleast on this site it does. Call me ignorant, I call it passionate. I'm suprised nobody else has commented on this but have y'all ever hear of W2W, or Wheel 2 Wheel?? 1697HP!!!!!! running 30lbs boost, ran a 6.86 in the quarter.....Where's that Evo at?? You can read more about it Nov. edition of HRM.
You know what.... **** stupid people who dont what they are talking about. ^^^^

Where is the EVO? Lets try the street, a place that Mike Morans borrowed car will never be. Many of us have heard of W2W but apparantly you have never heard the saying apples to oranges. Ill give you an example. It would be like comparing a full tube chassis race car that was borrowed, to a high HP street car driven by the owner. It seems you are mad becasue the slow ricers are moving up in the car food chain. Either way your little rant was just stupid.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1LUNATIC
You know what....**** that evo....

Yes the world does revolve around LS1, atleast on this site it does. Call me ignorant, I call it passionate. I'm suprised nobody else has commented on this but have y'all ever hear of W2W, or Wheel 2 Wheel?? 1697HP!!!!!! running 30lbs boost, ran a 6.86 in the quarter.....Where's that Evo at?? You can read more about it Nov. edition of HRM.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Well the smiley did indicate the intelligence level, so here I will show you what a stupid little EVO motor can do with a car that is equally setup to the W2W borrowed car.

Brent Rau pushing his Mitsubishi Eclipse to a new ET record at 6.976.

http://www.osofastracing.com/osofastracing/news.asp

So the fastest LS1 powered car is only a 1/10th faster than the fastest 4G63 powered car. You guys sure showed us.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedinaz
Well the smiley did indicate the intelligence level, so here I will show you what a stupid little EVO motor can do with a car that is equally setup to the W2W borrowed car.

So the fastest LS1 powered car is only a 1/10th faster than the fastest 4G63 powered car. You guys sure showed us.
why do you go on a ls1 website ???? Do you like to argue about someone elses cars?? Did you think everyone is gonna agree with you . Its one thing to just post a vid of a fast evo but your are arguingon how fast it is with all of these ls1 owners and insulting them By the way i think it is some impressive numbers for that 4 banger to push out but it isnt the fastest car on the streets , and no one that has posted a reply actually owns that evo so let them stick up for there own car. If you dont like what the ls1 guys have to say then you know what to do go find the evos forums and swing off there nuts.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001z
why do you go on a ls1 website ???? Do you like to argue about someone elses cars?? Did you think everyone is gonna agree with you . Its one thing to just post a vid of a fast evo but your are arguingon how fast it is with all of these ls1 owners and insulting them By the way i think it is some impressive numbers for that 4 banger to push out but it isnt the fastest car on the streets , and no one that has posted a reply actually owns that evo so let them stick up for there own car. If you dont like what the ls1 guys have to say then you know what to do go find the evos forums and swing off there nuts.
I have said this once and I will say it again. I came to this site becasue I will be gettign a GTO on the near future and wanted to get info about that car before I made a large purchase. I also figured that this site would have a better demographic than some other sites becasue of the calibur and cost of the cars involved, however, time and time again, I see that most here are just one minded children. Is that good enough for me to be here on your board if not perhaps you should restrict membership to those that you can verify own LSX powered cars.

I am not the one who started the arguing so get off you high horse. Your fellow LS1 owners started talking **** about this car and most had comments that were just stupid. I pointed out all the common misconseptions that uneducated people have about the 4G63 and the EVO and then people started to get upset. I would think that a board with the name TECH in it would want to have accurate infomation on it, again no matter what the car, but if you want all kinds of crap spewed about to make yourselves feel better, then by all means ban me, but I suspect you dont have the power.

So please explain your thinking when I cant talk abou this EVO becasue I dont own it but I have yet to see W2W post in this thread. I also never said it was the fastest car on the street you just assume I did. If you cars are so great and so superior then why would you ever care if this car is on here. Anyone in the area could easily just go find it and prove just how awesome the LS1 is, but instead most of you will just sit behind your keyboard and find some stupid little thing to point out, kinda like the high 6 sec car. Its just to bad that the little four bagers are keeping up and now your typical stereo types no longer hold true.

For the last time, I dont favor any one vehicle, like most here, I am a true car enthusiast and I also dont swing from anyones nuts. I wouldnt even own an EVO but I do like people to have good accurate info no matter what the car or what board I am on.

Last edited by boostedinaz; 12-22-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

yes its fast , yes its a 4cyl , yes its impressive

no i dont like it, no i dont want all personal opinion, i dont care how fast it is, i give it respect but i just can see sinking that much money into that type of car to make that much power, when you could do a 6cyl or hell even an 8 , iknow i know its what the owner wants , and anyone thats goign to argue with me lick my nuts
Old 12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I'm glad this was posted... I enjoy reading stats and viewing media related to auto-performance, ALL auto's, ones I would AND ones I would not own, personally.

I dunno, call me a close-minded redneck.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is some funny shyt..the guy and car is local here and i would say yes it is bad *** but as someone said it "smoke a sc vette" and viper. they need to go rewatch the vid there was no "smoking" goin on and the camaro that beat him was a small block with a 150 he runs a 300 at the track...yes the car has lag but he has a nitrous kit on it for that.. the guy has money and comon sence you cant put 800+ hp on stock suspension...its a given...but lets stop the shyt talkin and wait for the car to come out and well post vids then well see whos talkin..no im not a nut swinger but you got to give credit where its due...but what do you expect when you post about a "ricer" on a GM board....
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

smoked=overstatement.

Ever heard of overstatement? I have seen the vids. The Evo takes them, wins, whatever you want to call it. Or did the Evo lose?

What to expect? controversy, obviously... Do I give a ****? No...

They can post this **** all day long... They're badass vids.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Talk about lag...watch the first clip when the tach is revving up. It moves slwo and thenafter 5k rpm takes off.

Nice peak hp though...
Old 12-23-2005, 04:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Talk about lag...watch the first clip when the tach is revving up. It moves slwo and thenafter 5k rpm takes off.

Nice peak hp though...
No matter about lag u can always brake boost. Actually it has AEM EMS which has anti-lag feature if he uses it. <--- Made for track use.

And no lag will not be a issue for this thing on highway. It still has a 100 shot i believe if u want to have no lag at all. If that makes u happy.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That car makes a ton of power for having a small cid motor and a single turbo.
I'm surprised that it doesn't make any torque though. Seems weird to me.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by boostedinaz

This post is for clarification and not adding fuel to the fire.

I would assume the Eclipse is much lighter than Casper although it is an impressive machine and I can respect anything that goes fast. We weighed in just under 3000 lbs.

Also, It is comparing apples and oranges as stated in this thread earlier.
Mike's chassis which he let us use just to see if the guys could get into the 6's was built over 10 years ago and is out dated. I would assume the Eclipse could be considered far better in the chassis department. Not metioning our motor was pretty much assembled from spare parts.

Other factors that limited the past to only a 6.86 are the following
Car was short shifted in second by 1000 rpm
Car still had gearing for the big block nitrous motor and also went through the traps about 1000 rpm shy of redline.

If anyone is interested and would like more information on the engine build the full article printed in Engine Masters magazine is available for reading here.

http://popularhotrodding.com/enginem...511phr_engls1/
Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kevin@W2W
This post is for clarification and not adding fuel to the fire.

I would assume the Eclipse is much lighter than Casper although it is an impressive machine and I can respect anything that goes fast. We weighed in just under 3000 lbs.

Also, It is comparing apples and oranges as stated in this thread earlier.
Mike's chassis which he let us use just to see if the guys could get into the 6's was built over 10 years ago and is out dated. I would assume the Eclipse could be considered far better in the chassis department. Not metioning our motor was pretty much assembled from spare parts.

Other factors that limited the past to only a 6.86 are the following
Car was short shifted in second by 1000 rpm
Car still had gearing for the big block nitrous motor and also went through the traps about 1000 rpm shy of redline.

If anyone is interested and would like more information on the engine build the full article printed in Engine Masters magazine is available for reading here.

http://popularhotrodding.com/enginem...511phr_engls1/
I completly understand and was in no way trying to take anything away from what you guys have done, but he very stupidly compared your car to a street car. I knew that the car was borrowed and a bit older, but a racecar to racecar comparison was far more accurate than the crap he came up with. I have all the magazines with the car and motor in them along with the few vid's of it making runs so I know what it is capable of especially with Mike doing the setup and driving. I have followed him and alot of other "street car" racing for along time and love it more then typical stuff you see on TV.

Keep up the great work.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Hey don't people post things that aren't even related to cars? Thought so. So what does it matter if someone posts something about another car? Nothing. Hell I don't own a LS1 I am on this forum because I like the LS1 along with other cars. Hell call me a Ricer I don't care. Look at my Aviator RICE BABY
Old 12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

that car will wax 90% of the cars on this board.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I bet it would beat the Doug Rippie Vette. But that is IMO
Old 12-23-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

why is everyone all gung ho on how small the engine is? does it really matter with 42 psi? no it doesnt. Anything small or large running 42 psi will put out the numbers.
AWD or not, Im not impressed. My buddy raced a 800hp supra on the street with just a 125 shot on his heads/cam 3.42 geared M6 camaro and spanked him by 5-6 car lengths. Supra was catching up on the top end pretty hard, but by that time it didnt matter. same thing here im sure.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
why is everyone all gung ho on how small the engine is? does it really matter with 42 psi? no it doesnt. Anything small or large running 42 psi will put out the numbers.
AWD or not, Im not impressed. My buddy raced a 800hp supra on the street with just a 125 shot on his heads/cam 3.42 geared M6 camaro and spanked him by 5-6 car lengths. Supra was catching up on the top end pretty hard, but by that time it didnt matter. same thing here im sure.
Again this car will be fast if you like it or not.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Teching In

he knows its fast he just doesnt give 2 ***** about it, it only matters how fast it is in the 1320 is what hes saying