Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

What not to do during a stare-down (K-1)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm fully confident that Fedor would beat Arlovski. Did you see him wipe the floor with Babalu?

UFC's heavyweight division is a joke aside from Arlovski and Mir. The welterweights are thick though, especially now that Penn is back... but I personally don't think he could get past GSP.

Last edited by Vendetta; 01-05-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
And as far as americans not getting any luck in japan, ever hear of mark kerr? Or mark coleman? Or quentin jackson? Or kevin randleman? Dan Henderson? There are tons of respected american fighters that participate in pride.
That's my point anyways. The US fighters have always gone to Japan to fight under some pretty bad circumstances (short notice, ring rules, etc.) with clearly biased judging, ...and still win. Japanese fighters hardly ever come here anymore.

WHY - Japanese fighters have a negative record with international promotions that use the cage. They just can't compete.

Over the last year japan promotion company GCM Communications has been holding small quiet cage fights in Japan called D.O.G. Last month K-1 and GCM Communications Inc. announced they will merge the cage promotions, call them 'MARS', and will be held in a ring not a cage.

THE REASON - GCM Head Mr. Kubo said: "As a competition, I believe the cage would be more fair for fighters but in order for us to reclaim the Asian market, the cage could cause a harmful effect."
Old 01-05-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Mirco fights at 205 and Andrei usually fights around 235...not really a good matchup.

I'd like to see Fedor fight andrei though. That would be an amazing fight. And as far as americans not getting any luck in japan, ever hear of mark kerr? Or mark coleman? Or quentin jackson? Or kevin randleman? Dan Henderson? There are tons of respected american fighters that participate in pride.
Actually Mirco fights at about 213 which would put him out of the 205 division that Silva rules. I didn't realize he was 'only' 213 as he usually fights heavier opponents. His kicks are brutal.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vendetta
UFC's heavyweight division is a joke aside from Arlovski and Mir. .
originally my point but others are convinced otherwise. buentello, eilers, jordan and kyle aren't exactly what would be considered A class fighters. Perfect for KOTC or ROTR.

Heath would definately be in the top 3 in the UFC heavyweight division. People talk about Arlovski's standup and say he is a K1 level striker not realizing that that vid with Herring is from K1, lol.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that was great, I loved the look on the guys face right before he hit him...