Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

What not to do during a stare-down (K-1)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What not to do during a stare-down (K-1)

Was browsing sherdog.net, a MMA forum and came across this link of how not to conduct a stare down, just before a fight.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Never-kiss-...page=1&t=t&f=b
Old 01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

He desearved it
Old 01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Haha pretty funny he got what he deserved.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

That was Heath Herring from Texas in the K-1 tourney held December 31st, 2005 at the Osaka Dome, Osaka Japan.

After much confusion and consultation, Nakao was helped out of the ring, and it was announced he would be examined by doctors to see if he might fight Herring later on the card. But the clearance was not given (of course not - he could take the win and they not pay Herring), and in an unusual decision, Herring was disqualified and Nakao awarded the win for a fight which, technically, had never actually started.

This **** is why Americans hate going to Japan to fight. If it ever goes to a decision, Americans always lose. If they get knocked down, the fight is immediately called (the last Shamrock fight). And some have gone as far to say in order to continue to fight over there, they are paid to take a dive against certain Japanese fighters.

When they come to the UFC, they know it is till you are out cold or tap, and in most cases beat to a pulp. That is why they don't come here hardly anymore.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Regular

lol that dude got knocked the fugg out.
I hear ya mark
Old 01-04-2006, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was some funny ****, he barely hit um, lol..... FLAT!!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:52 AM
TECH Veteran

OMG that was great.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
That was Heath Herring from Texas in the K-1 tourney held December 31st, 2005 at the Osaka Dome, Osaka Japan.

After much confusion and consultation, Nakao was helped out of the ring, and it was announced he would be examined by doctors to see if he might fight Herring later on the card. But the clearance was not given (of course not - he could take the win and they not pay Herring), and in an unusual decision, Herring was disqualified and Nakao awarded the win for a fight which, technically, had never actually started.

This **** is why Americans hate going to Japan to fight. If it ever goes to a decision, Americans always lose. If they get knocked down, the fight is immediately called (the last Shamrock fight). And some have gone as far to say in order to continue to fight over there, they are paid to take a dive against certain Japanese fighters.

When they come to the UFC, they know it is till you are out cold or tap, and in most cases beat to a pulp. That is why they don't come here hardly anymore.
I'll second that. Whats your opinion on free trade with other countries? hahahah

-Matt
Old 01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Damn!!!!! You Got Knocked The Fuc Out Little Gay Man Lol..... The Best Part Was After He Was Hit And He Looks Up At Him From The Floor Like Why Cant You Just Love Me ?? Lol Lmfao
Old 01-04-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One reason they call Heath the "Texas Crazy Horse!". He is very popular in Japan and known as being one of the most classy fighters out there, win or lose.

FWIW, he would wipe up the UFC's heavyweight division with the possible exception of Arlovski.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
One reason they call Heath the "Texas Crazy Horse!". He is very popular in Japan and known as being one of the most classy fighters out there, win or lose.

FWIW, he would wipe up the UFC's heavyweight division with the possible exception of Arlovski.
I hope your kidding
Old 01-04-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Cliffnotes...

Old 01-04-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T-maxx
I hope your kidding
serious on both counts
Old 01-04-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY

I don't think anyone in the UFC can beat that guy right now. I'd like to see Arlovski fight Krokop from Pride. Two excellent strikers.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

oh man that was a pretty good hit i would hate to get in the ring with that even if i was like just holding up a mat for him to practice sweet vid
Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02ZOh6
I don't think anyone in the UFC can beat that guy right now. I'd like to see Arlovski fight Krokop from Pride. Two excellent strikers.
Mirco fights at 205 and Andrei usually fights around 235...not really a good matchup.

I'd like to see Fedor fight andrei though. That would be an amazing fight. And as far as americans not getting any luck in japan, ever hear of mark kerr? Or mark coleman? Or quentin jackson? Or kevin randleman? Dan Henderson? There are tons of respected american fighters that participate in pride.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WECIV
Cliffnotes...

Old 01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski

This is 100% TRUE... even in the lower Martial Arts competitons which I've been involved with first hand. It's happened to me before and it SERIOUSLY pissed me off.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Teching In

own3d
Old 01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

*smokey* Damn you got knocked the Fu__ out *smokey*..lol