Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

To all the R1 owners in here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all the R1 owners in here!

Sorry but I get pretty sick of hearing the R1 guys in hear talk about how light and fast their biker are, and how R1's can take busa any day of the week. Bikes in general are pretty fast, but until I see a R1 quicker than a busa in the 1/4 mile or beat it in top end speed ur still slower.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...E469082EFA.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...34852FB6A6.htm
Old 05-25-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL I have an 06 r1 and I didn't buy it to beat a busa on the top end i bought because there is no stock bike that will haul like an r1 while being able to handle like one with the exception of Ducs and **** like that. Hell 390lbs and 180hp r1 and me at 140 lbs who needs a busa
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
LOL I have an 06 r1 and I didn't buy it to beat a busa on the top end i bought because there is no stock bike that will haul like an r1 while being able to handle like one with the exception of Ducs and **** like that. Hell 390lbs and 180hp r1 and me at 140 lbs who needs a busa

That's why I want an R1 and not a pigbusa!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:21 AM
On The Tree

its all about ZX-10R boys!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:48 AM
10 Second Club

I will stick to my R6. Its paid for
Old 05-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Board Certified Idiot

BUSA's Are UGLY.. I would Rather have the R1 Myself.. Better YEt.. Ill take a new
ZX-14
Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Teching In

R1's dyno at significantly less than 180hp

Take a R1 vs a Busa through the twisties...see what happens

Going fast in a straight line is only fun for a few minutes
Old 05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on any given road that involves any decent form of corner, 90% depends on the rider. the fact of the matter is, all modern sportbikes abilities exceed the abilities of most riders.. especially ones ignorant enough to listen to or be agitated by "my bike is better then your bike" BS...
Old 05-25-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
on any given road that involves any decent form of corner, 90% depends on the rider. the fact of the matter is, all modern sportbikes abilities exceed the abilities of most riders.. especially ones ignorant enough to listen to or be agitated by "my bike is better then your bike" BS...
Well said. I get low enough that the sides of my shoes have scrapes. Its easier to get low on the left though the right im a little more of a *****. And i never said my bike was faster than a busa i just like the fact that I can toss it around like a little bitch in the twisties
Old 05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
BUSA's Are UGLY.. I would Rather have the R1 Myself.. Better YEt.. Ill take a new
ZX-14

Man you are weird.... calling a busa ugly and taking a ZX-14 is like choosing a late 70's mustang over a new corvette. You are the first person I heard who thought the ZX-14 looked somewhat good.

"Take a R1 vs a Busa through the twisties...see what happens"... I have. Two guys I work with well one has a R1 and the other has a GSXR 750 and I have taken them out on the twisties too. Its all rider skill not really the bike.

Im not really saying the Busa or R1 or any other bike is the quickest thing on earth... everything can be beat. Just wanting to let the R1 owners know stock to stock bikes, the R1 is not the fastest.

97M6Formula and 00TurboT/A wheres the pics of ur guys bikes. I bet they both look pretty nice.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
Just wanting to let the R1 owners know stock to stock bikes, the R1 is not the fastest.
why?
more importantly, HOW?

hear me out on this first.

we all know, handling is a relative term.. and i think we can all agree that the power from all modern liter class and up sport-bikes can easily exceed what the tire can put to the ground. especially on public roads. so in the corners, the fastest bike is dependant upon the rider.

ok lets forget corners. straight line only.
for the first 330 feet, give or take.... a stock modern sportbike sucks for drag racing.
i think we can all agree that the center of gravity is so high, that if you just pegged the throttle, you'd wheelie over backwards.
so it becomes a balancing act.. who can keep the frontend down and put the most power to the ground in that first distance? it comes down to the rider.

so lets say you decide to re-define the terms of this "fastest" contest to straight line, same weight riders, going from a 60mph roll on up.... basically minimizing the impact the riders skill has on the race.

ask yourself... who really cares about a 60mph roll race?!

the only thing this thread shows is that you like your busa, and some R1 owner is annoying you. hate to break it to ya, but nomatter what you ride, someone is always going to be faster until you break it down to exclude them...and by then, who cares?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Hey z06 Ive always wondered what you had done to you busa so whats your mods?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is the only pic i snapped so far it was the day i got it i was taking off the damn mud flap

this was snapped with my camera phone sorry for quality

Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Teching In

"I have. Two guys I work with well one has a R1 and the other has a GSXR 750 and I have taken them out on the twisties too. Its all rider skill not really the bike. "
SHort wheel base rules for twisties...busa was not built for twisties, it was meant for going realy fast in a straight line

besides none of this matter cuz
!!!!VTWIN POWER!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by astrochimp
SHort wheel base rules for twisties...busa was not built for twisties, it was meant for going realy fast in a straight line
lol, i totally agree..
i used to ride a honda hawk (GT650) all the time.. there were alot of faster bikes, but the only one i found that was as flickable was the buell firebolt after it was redesigned with that cast frame/fueltank...

shes since retired since i put more miles on her, then most people have on their cars here..

old,old,old pic:
Attached Thumbnails To all the R1 owners in here!-badassrear.jpg  
Old 05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Um I thought busa's where fat man bikes? I always see the large guys riding those bikes for some reason. Must be the only bike strong enough to get the off the line with out stalling I guess.

All in all a Bike is bike. New R1s are just plain sexy and thats the only reason why I went with an R1. Gsxrs = eh and Busa's are just plain hideous.

To each their own. I'm pretty sure you can beat me with your busa but I could careless. Go against my buddy on his 2006 r1 and he might have the advantage weighing in only at 135lbs
Old 05-25-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VsGonzo
Um I thought busa's where fat man bikes? I always see the large guys riding those bikes for some reason. Must be the only bike strong enough to get the off the line with out stalling I guess.

All in all a Bike is bike. New R1s are just plain sexy and thats the only reason why I went with an R1. Gsxrs = eh and Busa's are just plain hideous.

To each their own. I'm pretty sure you can beat me with your busa but I could careless. Go against my buddy on his 2006 r1 and he might have the advantage weighing in only at 135lbs

Bigger guys ride suzuki's because they are more comfortable for bigger people the gas tank is wider the seat is wider than a honda cbr or yamaha. For thinner or shorter people most prefer a yamha or honda.

and i dont care what anyone says and yes this is an opinion but kawas are junk.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

iv ridden them all. Im big as **** so i got the 12R. I think 1000's and smaller or more fun to ride around twisties/streets...but for the highway and strip...it's HYPERBIKES all the way. I've fed a 10R and R1 there lunch before...but i have had my *** took by a mildly modded R1. It's is all about the rider.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

as for that first video? do the R6 and R1 have the same gauge cluster, controls and such? my brothers 02 R6 in my sig looks just like that. and it might explain why the busa flew by so fast.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

it could be a R6.a Busa MIGHT pass a R1 on the top end.But in that video it made him look like he wasnt evan moving.Ive raced both on my ZX-12r ans they are very similair speeds.R1s make about 147rwhp and busas make about 165rwhp and then there is the wieght difference