Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

hughes vs gracie just in case no one saw

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have to be confident and even a little arrogant to be a MMA fighter. If you step into the ring you better think you can kick the other guys ***, or you already lost the mental battle, which is a big part of MMA fighting!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Bullshit. Fedor's fought 24 fights, the last 10 or so have been against #1 contenders in the world's most competitive heavyweight division. Somebody would have caught him already if he style was as flawed as you say it is.

I never said it wasn't effective, just stupid. Anyone can go into a fight swinging non-stop. If I spray a .40 cal at a guy in the dessert a mile away I'm sure eventually I'll hit him. Everyone else is commenting on Gracie's, among others, style, why can't I?

And since you're dishing out all of these criticisms, what exactly is your training in a striking art? You better damn well say you're a boxer, because I can only picture a pure boxer making "swinging wildly" comments and hating on mixed martial arts as much as you are right now.

I really don't like having e-dick contests, but assuming you are being genuine; As far as a striking art, I took Kempo for several years. I've wanted for the last few years to get into BJJ with one of the local clubs but just haven't had the funds. Paying the bills and trying to get married are a little further up on the list. I don't particularly like boxers/boxing in general.

You haven't watched enough UFC matches, then. Go back to the old days when Royce Gracie would hold a choke for fifteen seconds extra after his opponent tapped or watch Chuck vs. Randy II when Chuck pounded the **** out of Randy's head three times before Big John was able to throw him off.

These guys are not scared, especially not Fedor. Nothing could be further from the truth. Fedor, like Royce Gracie, is the epitome of a cool and collected fighter. You have no idea what the **** you're talking about. Fedor is known for being a tranquil combatant, but a vicious fighter.

I'm just commenting on what I saw. You ever see these stupid "fight" videos on the net of kids getting in fights and just swinging wildly and frantically until someone ends up landing a punch? That's just what it reminded me of, what can I say? I'm not trying to come off like some panzy boxer but I'd like to see some type of technique in whatever style you use. What makes Fedor any different than any other pumped up guy throwing wild punches? What, the fact that he hasn't lost yet? Keep watching...

In the temple or the throat, and maybe cause a death? You mean, like the hundreds of deaths that have happened in boxing matches? In state sanctioned MMA bouts, there has NEVER been a death. If somebody died this year in a UFC event, one death in thirteen years would be a pretty damn good ratio and a hell of a lot better than that of boxing.

UFC is MMA, and it's in America. I don't know where your definition mix-ups are coming from...

Oh yea, lets compare a sport that's been around for centuries with one that's less than 20yrs old. Come on man, you know that's BS.

I've been watching UFC since the early-mid '90's back when Royce was all that was talked about. I dont' know all of the names of everyone that competes and can't tell you who won what fight in a certain year, but I have been watching for a long time. The way everyone was talking about MMA, I thought that it was different than UFC. I've never seen any mention of "MMA" while watching a UFC fight.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well all I can say is Fedor is a very very skilled fighter. All the people he fought which were top contendors he beat. Its not him being "LUCKY" because he trains hard and he's a professional fighter. Its like saying your driving/shifting is lucky.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't seem he is lucky when he fights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJY_Sf7C4I