Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop
View Poll Results: Would you consider this car?
Looks Nice.... I Might Consider it.
37.18%
No way, I'm American Muscle through and through.
19.87%
Now that is just butt ugly.
13.46%
I'm buying a new Camaro, screw Nissan.
29.49%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

New 2007 Nissan Skyline GT-R Concept ~Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life
Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

none of the poll answers fit mine, i like it but i'll probly stick with my camaro and a 1st gen camaro, but i wouldnt oppose anybody who owns one, also if they take the wing off it'll be a +.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the first one better than the g35/350Z lookalike.. I believe the LS400 was one of the first cars to have a V8 in it from Japan.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

This was a really quick/messy chop I did to the original-

I thought it would be a good idea at first to get rid of those sucking scoops but once I was finished it just ended up looking like a Civic with huge headights.

I just think it would take waaay too much work to make it look really good. And ususally when they take that much it's easier just to scrap it and start over.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

I might consider it if it doesn't use the Vq and the Camaro isn't what I need it to be.

The Camaro would be my first choice though
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
are you guys serious the skyline is no where near overrated. it is prob one of the baddest imports every made. you guys must be smoking some really good crack. that car is insane you obviously no NOTHING about the car. and are narrow mind about any other car besides american cars.

hell you drive a f***ing blazer so what do you know
I know what your saying and I would have to agree that they are a very impressive platform. However in STOCK form they are VERY VERY overrated by the dumbass ricer kids of america. They are a high 13 second car from the factory which is by no means one of the "baddest imports" IMO. Now if you look at an example of a skyline after it has been tuned by companies like BLITZ, HKS, TOP SECRET, etc then yes they would be some of the sickest import cars around.

So its pretty much like anything else, it will go fast if you dump a ton of money into it.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Banned

looks ok I might buy it if we have to go around robbing gas mad max style
Old 07-23-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by C.J.
I know what your saying and I would have to agree that they are a very impressive platform. However in STOCK form they are VERY VERY overrated by the dumbass ricer kids of america. They are a high 13 second car from the factory which is by no means one of the "baddest imports" IMO. Now if you look at an example of a skyline after it has been tuned by companies like BLITZ, HKS, TOP SECRET, etc then yes they would be some of the sickest import cars around.

So its pretty much like anything else, it will go fast if you dump a ton of money into it.
UMM No... You don't need to dump a ton... Their stock internals (RB26) have been well-known to withstand VERY RELIABLY ~900 awhp...

EASY car to mod... And the R33 and R34 models were LOW 13's to high 12's ALL DAY... This stuff is easy to look up... Mostly due to unknown HP ratings attributed to the manufacturer reporting the car's power rating a s 276 hp, the legal limit on Japan. The car's heavy as ****... NO WAY it has 276 at the engine... It's WIDELY known to be a grossly underrated figure... The only money you'd spend on this car is a bigger single turbo, fuel components, and THAT'S IT. ~900 AWHP EASY. Trust me, I HATE it's popularity right now on behalf of people and ricers that don't know ****... But if you do know about it, it really is a scary ******* car.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Launching!

would rather have c6z06 anyday
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red Cell
would rather have c6z06 anyday
Yep. I'll get a C6Z06 or maybe the BlueDevil/SS/Z06R as my next vehicle purchase. I don't remember seeing any stock import running as fast as a C6Z with an 11.20 @ 127 in showroom stock form. The GTR will not be as fast stock for stock against the Z06, FGT and Viper...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LC2nLS6
I don't remember seeing any stock import running as fast as a C6Z with an 11.20 @ 127 in showroom stock form. The GTR will not be as fast stock for stock against the Z06, FGT and Viper...
So... ? Your Point?

Its still just as nice, with just as much potential.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
So... ? Your Point?

Its still just as nice, with just as much potential.
I'm sure it will be a nice car for those who buy it. My winter beater 2004 WRX Wagon was nice as well, in fact the interior was 10X better than my C5Z06. My point is that I'm not interested in a Skyrine when I can get a C6Z06...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

I really hate to jump on here and start the bash but....

bboyferal said it best... its an amazing car, hands down. The bottom end is amazing and unlike the supra and its 2k powerband, the r33/34 will pul from anywhere nasty.

The attessa awd system is probably one of the best, if not, the best nd highly tuneably, out there.

I really dont like how the hip is ALL over this car but you cannot deny its prowness. I was gonna post the vid that 25psi posted.. is a good vid.. notice how the body stays neutral almost throughout the run. The inside car view is rgeat, notice how balanced it rides. You point it and it goies there and only there.

Honestly, who leaves stuff alone anyways? If you did, you wouldn't be on this forum. Comparing this car in stock form to a c6 z06 is, for a lack of a better word, retarded.

The potential a skyline has with that motor is greater than justabout anything here on this forum, stock. And i drive two GM cars now mine you.

Personally, i would say screw all the vettes in hte world, seriously and without a drop of sarcasm or ridicule... if i had a choice between a r33/34 there is no doubt in my mind i would take one with even a second guess. Even a twin turbo, zo6, 1200rwhp c6. NOPE!!! Why, where i can have the same perfomance, if not better than the vette, with a real backseat and trunk.

Forget the recent 2f2f crap, that car is for real and very, very leathly with practically very little done to it.

Now, the first concept is nice, that newer one here is ok, a bit too much... if you go to the new skyline forum, you'll tons of pics redered... there are a few really nice ones.. but that first isn't one of them unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
...Personally, i would say screw all the vettes in hte world, seriously and without a drop of sarcasm or ridicule... if i had a choice between a r33/34 there is no doubt in my mind i would take one with even a second guess. Even a twin turbo, zo6, 1200rwhp c6. NOPE!!! Why, where i can have the same perfomance, if not better than the vette, with a real backseat and trunk...
So, a good analogy to a GM guy like myself would be...

GNX : USA :: Skyrine : Japan

Basically a HP underrated, turbocharged 6 banger with a backseat and potential to go fast with simple mods. The car doesn't look great, but has character such that it has its own diehard cult following. Got it.

I forgot the Skyrine had AWD. That means it could be a cool beater car for me when I move back to the mountains west of Denver and need to hit the slopes. Don't worry, I wash my cars in the garage when I get back from ridin' to get the road ice/mud off...and I freeze my garage door to the ground sometimes too...small price to pay for a clean car.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LC2nLS6
So, a good analogy to a GM guy like myself would be...

GNX : USA :: Skyrine : Japan

Basically a HP underrated, turbocharged 6 banger with a backseat and potential to go fast with simple mods.
Almost, because the GNX is a straightline, personal luxury coupe that people turn into drag racers BUTTT would find it VERY HARD to turn into road racers. Judging by your sig, I assume you enjoy the sport... the R33 and R34 models were very effective road racers... Among the best in the world.

IMO, pushed to the limits, rwd (Vette) CAN shine a little better in circuit racing than awd... But for awd, the Skyline is king... Well, was... We don't know just how badass the new Skyline is yet, really... We can only assume by their previous iterations of the car. We'll see.

obZidian: Excellent post... I'm swinging to the other side here now, though... What race teams around the world have done with the Corvette chassis is slightly more impressive than the top Skyline road cars, I'm ALMOST sure... That said, you'd be HARD-PRESSED to think of a few cars with the Skyline's (R33, R34) potential for the track, absolutely...

As far as engine quality is concerned, it's SUPREME... It's only drawback is displacement, even among six cylinders... BARELY a disadvantage for this car, though.

Why do we have Vipers, Porsches, etc? Obviously, not everyone wants a Vette... To say, "For that you can have a Vette which blah blah blah..." is moot. People don't want Vettes now. People won't want them when the Skyline comes out either. I would take a C6 Z06 over an R34 Skyline, but I'd rather have both.

I like this track pass at the end :

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...070185b2cd.htm

Last edited by bboyferal; 07-24-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Chop-Foo Director

The intent of this thread is not multimedia related. Please use SeatStaysUp.com for this type of thread.