Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Just finished building the TA *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Yeah but the TA we assembled and painted with our bare hands.

Nice collection though. Looks like you need a display wall or something.

I got a TV stand and cabniet that I keep them in. I built some of those with my bare hands. Took 6 hours to build one of those Hemi motors. I built a Charger, Jaguar S-type, S2000. Only problem is I HATE plastic models, and its hard to find any metal kits of cars I already don't have lol. Throw in most kits are 1:24 scale, and I want 1:18. lol. I also have a shitload of motor bikes too.

If I had room I would start building plastic air planes though.Got a lot more pics of different cars...I'll post more if wanted lol.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Walmart
Man I'm gonna have to go look when I go back to town tonight.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=DannoWS6]The Biggest PITA to paint. It was tough getting the front/rear bumpers close.

Wow makes mine look like Garbage. Ill throw on some clear and see if that helps some....
Old 08-22-2006, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
You don't even want me to start posting pics of model cars. I have way too many of them. All metal ones, and none with those crazy huge rims.

785T/A I think a coat of clear over your T/A(model) will help it out a lot.

I'll post a few of mine to play along
how long has it been since you have been outside?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
how long has it been since you have been outside?

Whats that supposed to mean?

If you think I built all those, I didn't. Most of mine come preassembled. I have built maybe 5 of what you see there.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 785T/A
Wow makes mine look like Garbage. Ill throw on some clear and see if that helps some....
Clear helps a lot, I painted what I could with a can. The pewter paint was a pewter metallic duplicolor automotive paint. It cam out pretty good though after a few coats.

You basically have to piece out everything. Prime it and let dry, paint it and let dry, clear it and let dry, I did that for every piece in the whole model. it took a long time. I put the decals on after like the "ram air" and corner lenses, then cleared over that too.

I wasted way too much time on it.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Whats that supposed to mean?

If you think I built all those, I didn't. Most of mine come preassembled. I have built maybe 5 of what you see there.

I always though Diecast collecting was a cool hobby. I haven't found to many metal kits that you assemble, well atleast ones that take more than an hour. I gotta cool blue Chevelle like the 68 Camaro I posted that I put together.

Once and a while when I'm out I'll grab a new model to put on the wall if it's really cool.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

My wife purchased one from walmart and assembled it for me as a gift.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Launching!

I always though Diecast collecting was a cool hobby. I haven't found to many metal kits that you assemble, well atleast ones that take more than an hour. I gotta cool blue Chevelle like the 68 Camaro I posted that I put together.

Once and a while when I'm out I'll grab a new model to put on the wall if it's really cool.
Thats how I done. I got where I would get 1 car a month..maybe 2. I started ording from special places, now I am just out of room. I have plans laid out to add 8 shelves to my TV stand...giving 32 spaces for store them, and I have 16 waiting for those spots lol.

Metal kits aren't very popular. Only ones I find now are those stupid rapper style cars with 60000" wheels or the ricers. ha oh well.

I have built one of those Trans Ams too, but mines metal. Its black and I tinted the windows in it. I don't like it too well, cause I have a LT1 and all the diecast I can find are of the LS1....ripped off again haha.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Thats how I done. I got where I would get 1 car a month..maybe 2. I started ording from special places, now I am just out of room. I have plans laid out to add 8 shelves to my TV stand...giving 32 spaces for store them, and I have 16 waiting for those spots lol.

Metal kits aren't very popular. Only ones I find now are those stupid rapper style cars with 60000" wheels or the ricers. ha oh well.

I have built one of those Trans Ams too, but mines metal. Its black and I tinted the windows in it. I don't like it too well, cause I have a LT1 and all the diecast I can find are of the LS1....ripped off again haha.

Where did you find that Diecast LS1 TA model you assembled?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Wal mart years ago. Its made by TESTORS in their 'hot metal' line. I know this cause I use the cover for a picture here on the wall, well mom put it up. It came pre-painted but its a bare body, so you can change it I guess. I got 2 of them, ones black and ones the 30TH car, I had to paint the wheels blue on that one though to make it more realistic.

I'll try to get some pics later when I can.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't see one at wally world last night. I couldn't find one on ebay either
Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the lt1 ta, can you get that at walmart too? Not really into these things, but I like that one.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ralls
I like the lt1 ta, can you get that at walmart too? Not really into these things, but I like that one.

I picked up that one in Carlisle PA at a big car show. It's actually got skinny's and slicks on it and a cage. It's kinda neat I'll have to look who makes it.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001z
why you selling your car That is a nice looking TA you should keep it !
I just had major foot surgery so it doesnt look like I can drive an m6 anymore. But its hard to tell right now.