Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

7.80 @ 177mph Supra

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex_632
yeah i was there when that viper ran the 8.20. to my knowledge marko's best time to date was 8.42. at the viper supra showdown he never made a full pass. and i don't think he's ran the car on a full pass yet with the 1500rwhp. his 8.42 was done with 1100rwhp. i don't know if that viper is or not..but marko's car is a full stock interior street supra with a small roll bar. and as far as the vid goes...its not that impressive. msp's supra ran 8.90 and its still a real supra running on drag radials..which is what they use during the nopi bfg street tire class. titan's supra has also gone 8 flat.
LMAO...go read the "Hot Rod" mag yourself. You will not only fine custom italian seats, but a complete custom stereo to go with the rest of the stock interior and stock suspension. Minus the coil-overs and half shafts. Oh and fyi, the viper that you saw in the video...ya, he is the one that ran marko's supra...heads up, in texas. He laid down a 8.20 @ 176mph. As far as drag radials go, he puts on standard rubber when he takes it out to dinner with the rest of us mortals. So, hanger-on'er, you were saying?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really that impressive when I have seen Supra's in street trim go 8's .
Old 05-17-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Not really that impressive when I have seen Supra's in street trim go 8's .

Hey man, pass that ****!!

The pump gas drags just finished....what place did the full street trim/pump gas viper above get? and which place did that full street trim/pump gas supra get?

That is what I thought, move along.....
Old 05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper
Hey man, pass that ****!!

The pump gas drags just finished....what place did the full street trim/pump gas viper above get? and which place did that full street trim/pump gas supra get?

That is what I thought, move along.....
You think that all drag no nonsence supra is more impressive than Marko's 8 second street trim supra. ...........what ever
Old 05-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper
LMAO...go read the "Hot Rod" mag yourself. You will not only fine custom italian seats, but a complete custom stereo to go with the rest of the stock interior and stock suspension. Minus the coil-overs and half shafts. Oh and fyi, the viper that you saw in the video...ya, he is the one that ran marko's supra...heads up, in texas. He laid down a 8.20 @ 176mph. As far as drag radials go, he puts on standard rubber when he takes it out to dinner with the rest of us mortals. So, hanger-on'er, you were saying?
i knew what the viper ran. his 8.20 was in qualifying. once eliminations started he never made a pass under power. i never found out why though. both his and marko's cars are sweet no doubt. i also concur with u on ur other post. the 7.80 by the supra in this vid..is not impressive at all. specially when compared to marko's car...titan's car...and msp's car.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Markos supra does not run 8's on Pump gas though.. that is what SuperTrooper is trying to say..

it is the PUMP GAS DRAGS..

markos supra needs C-16 to run in his car so he can boost it to its potential.. on 93 octane and that high of boost his **** would detonate and blow the **** up
Old 05-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

I saw Marko run in person and talked to him for a few minutes this past weekend at the scandalous street wars in Phx.

His car looks insane going down the track...I've seen tons of 6/7/8 second passes, but after the 1/8 it looks like markos car can just pull and pull and pull.

I have lots of video that i need to upload but my camera is being retarded.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarochris
I saw Marko run in person and talked to him for a few minutes this past weekend at the scandalous street wars in Phx.

His car looks insane going down the track...I've seen tons of 6/7/8 second passes, but after the 1/8 it looks like markos car can just pull and pull and pull.

I have lots of video that i need to upload but my camera is being retarded.
how did that go btw? i really wish i could've gone to that. specially to see the woon vs saad saad street race. and then see how they faired against marko.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Apex_632
how did that go btw? i really wish i could've gone to that. specially to see the woon vs saad saad street race. and then see how they faired against marko.

Saad didn't do too great, broke a rear U joint, got that fixed etc..His best pass was a 10.2 I believe @ mid 140s

Mr. Woon Set a new record for 6spd Supras, running 9.21@159...Pretty impressive for a 6spd.

As for the Woon vs. Saad, Woon called Saad out in front of a bunch of people only for Saad to back down.

Marko was running VERY good, running mid 8s @ 160+

It was a fun event, there wasn't a ton of people there...But the quality of cars there were TOP NOTCH...Fastest street cars around were there...

They will be holding the Event out here in Phx again next year, but about a month earlier to avoid the 160* track temps that we were fighting all day.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarochris
Saad didn't do too great, broke a rear U joint, got that fixed etc..His best pass was a 10.2 I believe @ mid 140s

Mr. Woon Set a new record for 6spd Supras, running 9.21@159...Pretty impressive for a 6spd.

As for the Woon vs. Saad, Woon called Saad out in front of a bunch of people only for Saad to back down.

Marko was running VERY good, running mid 8s @ 160+

It was a fun event, there wasn't a ton of people there...But the quality of cars there were TOP NOTCH...Fastest street cars around were there...

They will be holding the Event out here in Phx again next year, but about a month earlier to avoid the 160* track temps that we were fighting all day.
yeah i read an entire thread about the saad saad woon thing on supra forums. i can't say anything about saad's character but he sucks as a driver. dunno if he's ever run a 9 before. woon use to beat saad when woon had less then 1000rwhp and saad had more then 1000. nough said on that one. i just want them to have an event in houston.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that post was started 2 years ago!!! I just saw the date. Impressive though.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Nice Racecar.

Mike