Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GTO spanked by Evo *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
It is a good engine, I'll agree. I won't go so far as saying its better than the entire LS series of V8s though. I personally hate EVOs, ugly *** cars. They can be made fast (anything can with the right amount of $$$$$$), but thats not enough to overcome how friggin ugly they are for me.

I dont want you to think I have something against the lsx motors, becuase they are some of the best(especially LS7).

I used to think the same thing about the evo's look. But as time grew on and I started to see others with mild add ons such as wheels, lowered, etc... it really started to grow on me. Granted, there not the sexiest cars in the world, but there are worse out there.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Funny story.. I used to like EVOS, especally some of the older ones. Then I met this guy at school and he is the definition of fanboy. After him just spurting off bullshit (most had no real facts behind it) I started to hate them. He said a stock one could beat a built ZO6 in a race, then he started doggin my car when I never said it was fast and all that. I have never liked evos since.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CantDrv55
To eat boiled crow is to be proven wrong after having strongly expressed one's opinion. In North America, the expression is simply to eat crow.
All right I admit it I ate crow I asked and you delivered Nice cars and I apologize for being wrong. Still not sure if all of those will fit even if the garage is clean nice cars though.

I still don't agree with your views though (long live the LS motors)
Old 02-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
Funny story.. I used to like EVOS, especally some of the older ones. Then I met this guy at school and he is the definition of fanboy. After him just spurting off bullshit (most had no real facts behind it) I started to hate them. He said a stock one could beat a built ZO6 in a race, then he started doggin my car when I never said it was fast and all that. I have never liked evos since.
I've seen plenty of LSx drivers do the same thing. It's a bit ignorant to brand a car based on the stupidity of one person.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Launching!

I've seen plenty of LSx drivers do the same thing. It's a bit ignorant to brand a car based on the stupidity of one person.
Yes it is, thats not the ONLY reason why I don't like them. I was just telling a story. Tastes change and even if I had never met him, I still wouldn't like the cars today. For my tastes they are ugly, regardless of what anyone tells me.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right..I only own 1 car...a '79 Pinto.

As for GTO vs Evo...the GTO interior may be nicer, but stock for stock an Evo 9 will spank a GTO. True story jethro. If I want a car with a nice interior, I'll buy a BMW.
Evos can be built to be respectably fast. I personally don't really like goats except for the old 70s as my father owned a judge. I don't know about evo 9s but the 2003 Evos suck *****...I raced one with my 96 ponticrap fireturd and I had a half a car on him the entire way (my car only has a catback and a CAI). His mods were full exhaust, header, no cats, boost controller, down pipe and an inter cooler. I thought those things were rape when they're stock? 270ish HP right?

I don't know if he lacked the driver mod or not, but he was definitely banging the gears and didn't miss a shift

All in all, people only post crap like this to get the attention they didn't get when they were wee childs, so please...leave it off the forums, no one cares.

Now...
Old 02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

do the new evos run the same engine as the old eclipse?
I do like the 4g63 for certain cars. I'm on the fence I like both.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

your a bitch CantDrv55 , did you actually think you werent gonna get flammed for this. i just dont understand why LSX haters come on this forum, make an account, and post **** like this. Seriously get a life
Old 02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Old 02-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

The Ranch
2004 Cobra "Ho-Bra"
2003 540i "5-Ho-ty"
2006 Mitsu Lancer Evolution "Ev-Ho"
2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R
1994 Toyota 4-Runner "Ho-Runner"
Your a tool.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
9 Second Club

Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Okay,now everyone is talking about how "reliable" the 4G63 is.I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that the LS series motors are far more reliable.
I had a 91' talon tsi awd;went through 3 motors in 2 1/2 years.
Had a 00' ws6 with ls1,no problems with motor,replaced the 10 bolt rear.
had 04' goat w/ls1,absolutely no problems and definitely had my fun with it.
Currently have 05' goat with ls2,and lemme tell ya boys,if you haven't driven one of these,GO FOR IT!The ls2 makes this car.Have had 0 problems with this car,and is an absolute BLAST to drive.
.....anyways,as far as the 4g63,expensive to work on,and expensive parts also.I had a big 16g with 550cc injectors,SAFC air controller,2nd gen ported exhaust manifold/ATR 3 inch exhaust w/no cat/3 inch downpipe/evo 02 housing ported/balance shafts removed.I spent a TON of omney on that car,had it tuned by passen motorsports in columbus,ohio,and that thing CONSTANTLY broke down.Yes,it was an older car,but there's plenty of parts I replaced more than once.On the LS series motors,in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE,it doesn't happen.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ws6spd
Okay,now everyone is talking about how "reliable" the 4G63 is.I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that the LS series motors are far more reliable.
Currently have 05' goat with ls2,and lemme tell ya boys,if you haven't driven one of these,GO FOR IT!The ls2 makes this car.Have had 0 problems with this car,and is an absolute BLAST to drive.
.....anyways,as far as the 4g63,expensive to work on,and expensive parts also.I had a big 16g with 550cc injectors,SAFC air controller,2nd gen ported exhaust manifold/ATR 3 inch exhaust w/no cat/3 inch downpipe/evo 02 housing ported/balance shafts removed.I spent a TON of omney on that car,had it tuned by passen motorsports in columbus,ohio,and that thing CONSTANTLY broke down.Yes,it was an older car,but there's plenty of parts I replaced more than once.On the LS series motors,in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE,it doesn't happen.
Motor is different in the Evo's.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

It's not a whole lot different,my friend.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

the 4g63, cant compete with the lsx in terms of value and versatility
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00ws6spd
So you are comparing a 1991 car to a 2004 car. Sounds fair
If you want to compare cars from 1991..compare a 91 Z28 to that talon. Everyone knows how dependable those 91 Z28's were.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
your a bitch CantDrv55 , did you actually think you werent gonna get flammed for this. i just dont understand why LSX haters come on this forum, make an account, and post **** like this. Seriously get a life
When did I become an LSx hater? I've owned 2 LS1 cars myself, along with an LT1 car. So now any video showing an LSx car losing is unacceptable to you babies? Oh ho..the mighty LSx can never lose!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SScott236
Your a tool.
Try using correct grammar when you try to insult someone.

your (yʊr, yôr, yōr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation
adj. The possessive form of you.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're (yʊr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation

Contraction of you are.

Let me give you an example:
You're an idiot for trying to insult me, and you only showed your poor literacy skills in the process.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try using correct grammar when you try to insult someone.

your (yʊr, yôr, yōr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation
adj. The possessive form of you.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.

you're (yʊr; yər when unstressed) pronunciation

Contraction of you are.

Let me give you an example:
You're an idiot for trying to insult me, and you only showed your poor literacy skills in the process.
FIXED:You're a tool. And the "LSX" can nevAr luze! That is all.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GMmuscle86
Audi FTW!

The 5.2L V10 under the hood of that S8 ain't all that bad either. And I agree on Audi interiors being the standard of the industry. After driving my roomates B5 A4 1.8T Quattro back to back wth my other friends E46 330i Saloon, even though the 330i was the better performer and had a more finely tuned suspension the A4 despite being 2 generations old and Audi's entry level sedan had an interior that was without a doubt a cut above that of the Bimmer's. Hell it makes the interior of my Mom's G35 look and feel like ****.

Last edited by bruddah_man_matt; 02-05-2007 at 04:47 PM.