Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

07 Z06 vs 07 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Alright, I'm enjoying the thread arguments so far but I need to step in for just one post (kinda like a ref ).

If anybody thinks the majority of people in this country are walking out of Porsche Dealerships 1 997TT heavier and just $120K poorer you're smoking crack . . . a lot of it

Out the door no less than $135K-150K

Also, someone made a VERY misinformed statement about a Ferrari F430 being JUST $170K

You can't even get a nice USED 2004 F360 for $170K out the door

An F430 will set you back $250K-325K.

Even though I wish to remain unbiased, I know this will only fuel the price comparison arguers in favor of the Vette but I had to correct some GROSSLY under-estimated price opinions in this thread

Most people equally know that 99% of brand new C6 ZO6's go for $10K-20K over sticker as well; just to be fair

EDIT: also wanted to comment on the "sell 2 houses . . . at RUF" post to make a Porsche quick. People only use Ruf for the name . . . and if you wanna get butt-raped by the bill

There ARE other tuning companies with FAR better prices to upgrade 911TT'S. For less than $10K one could have 600AWHP in their 996 from a VERY reputable company based in America Not exactly the price of 2 houses

Ding! Ding! Back to the thread

Dang it! There goes my plans to buy one

I got those prices from a Car & Driver article on all 3 cars:

Car and Driver article

“Of course, the real reason the Turbo’s base price of $123,695 is about 40 grand more than that of a Carrera S is because it’s a showcase for Porsche’s most high-tech performance pieces."

“We were expecting the ’07 Turbo to be special, but just how good is it? To find out, we traveled to Germany and brought along a Ferrari F430 and Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for comparison. Those both provide similar amounts of horsepower and performance for wildly differing amounts of money — a base of $65,690 for the 505-hp Corvette and a whopping $174,535 for the 483-hp F430.”

Old 02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER

Car and Driver article

“Of course, the real reason the Turbo’s base price of $123,695 is about 40 grand more than that of a Carrera S is because it’s a showcase for Porsche’s most high-tech performance pieces."

“We were expecting the ’07 Turbo to be special, but just how good is it? To find out, we traveled to Germany and brought along a Ferrari F430 and Chevrolet Corvette Z06 for comparison. Those both provide similar amounts of horsepower and performance for wildly differing amounts of money — a base of $65,690 for the 505-hp Corvette and a whopping $174,535 for the 483-hp F430.”

ok thats nice, but neither of the cars in the video cost that, so its ok. we got it. thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
Thats not what i was referring to. i was referring to the fact you mentioned that us "camaro and 305" owners dont know what nice **** is.

Im willing to bet it is. Am i wrong?

I said people shouldn't consider their Mustangs or Camaros nice cars.. You told me you have a Lexus that your parents gave you, maybe to you thats on par with your Camaro, but to the rest of us we'd say thats a tad nicer.

I'm willing to bet you wont come down to find out. Then again my car has already proven it's self against cars with much more motor then you. Is that car even driven on the street? Racecar..
Old 02-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

I love lamp.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER

Car and Driver article

Good article.. Just goes to show how things turn out when you look at the full picture, not just the numbers.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _Zac
I said people shouldn't consider their Mustangs or Camaros nice cars.. You told me you have a Lexus that your parents gave you, maybe to you thats on par with your Camaro, but to the rest of us we'd say thats a tad nicer.
I never said that. The lex is 10x nicer than my camaro. YOU were the one who said "you camaro guys" dont know what nice stuff is. that is what im referring to, you cant even comprehend a sentence.

I'm willing to bet you wont come down to find out. Then again my car has already proven it's self against cars with much more motor then you. Is that car even driven on the street? Racecar..
More motor than me? probably so, but last time i checked i had a bunch of gas on the car. When you trap in the 140 range, then you can talk. Watch that video of me vs. the whipple cobra. Oh yeah, that was me ahead on motor until over 120. what you think i would do on the gas? Yeah, thats what i thought. Of course you drive a cobra, youd probably want to race from a 60 kick

As far as the "racecar" comment, i drove it 14 hours to florida and back. Also drove it to shcool 3 hours away and back again this past week. Averages 200 miles to the tank. So no, its not the most practical car, but it is an almost daily driven street car. Full interior + cage.

Ive learned that the "race car" comment is used by the population of car enthusiasts with slow cars, in a weak attempt to make some sort of excuse as to why they cant stay within 5 football fields of me.

Drive through, youve been owned, once again.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Pimp

I never said that. The lex is 10x nicer than my camaro. YOU were the one who said "you camaro guys" dont know what nice stuff is. that is what im referring to, you cant even comprehend a sentence.

More motor than me? probably so, but last time i checked i had a bunch of gas on the car. When you trap in the 140 range, then you can talk. Watch that video of me vs. the whipple cobra. Oh yeah, that was me ahead on motor until over 120. what you think i would do on the gas? Yeah, thats what i thought. Of course you drive a cobra, youd probably want to race from a 60 kick

As far as the "racecar" comment, i drove it 14 hours to florida and back. Also drove it to shcool 3 hours away and back again this past week. Averages 200 miles to the tank. So no, its not the most practical car, but it is an almost daily driven street car. Full interior + cage.

Ive learned that the "race car" comment is used by the population of car enthusiasts with slow cars, in a weak attempt to make some sort of excuse as to why they cant stay within 5 football fields of me.

Drive through, youve been owned, once again.
Once again you Rtard I said Mustangs and Camaros I'm not a ****** bird kid and I wont continue to repeat myself, so get that through your thick skull big guy.

Whipple cobras seem to run turd slow in other parts of the country, so I don't care much about who you think you beat out there. Heres the thing, if your car is such a daily driven street car you'll have no problem getting 200tank down here to have some fun in Houston? Know what I think? I think people that go crawfishin away from racecar comments often drive racecars. Besides at this point you're already worried enough to want to race only from a dig knowing I have IRS.. Or do I?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Once again you Rtard I said Mustangs and Camaros I'm not a ****** bird kid and I wont continue to repeat myself, so get that through your thick skull big guy.?
once again, reading comprehension > you.

Whipple cobras seem to run turd slow in other parts of the country, so I don't care much about who you think you beat out there. Heres the thing, if your car is such a daily driven street car you'll have no problem getting 200tank down here to have some fun in Houston? Know what I think? I think people that go crawfishin away from racecar comments often drive racecars. Besides at this point you're already worried enough to want to race only from a dig knowing I have IRS.. Or do I?
Yeah, let me drive all the way to houston just to race some douchebag If you were within a few hours of me, it would almost be worth my time to come embarass your dumbass on video. But the small matter of a 15 hour drive sint worth my time, or money.

Sorry, i have better things to do with my time. I dont race from a dig because you have IRS, i race from a dig because thats how its supposed to be done, you damn ricer . i dont need to drive to houston to know my car is faster than yours, i have plenty of cobras to snack on up here.

I just watched the vid of the 1000whp cobra go 10.59@137, so youll need, what 1300hp to beat me?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Pimp

once again, reading comprehension > you.

Yeah, let me drive all the way to houston just to race some douchebag If you were within a few hours of me, it would almost be worth my time to come embarass your dumbass on video. But the small matter of a 15 hour drive sint worth my time, or money.

Sorry, i have better things to do with my time. I dont race from a dig because you have IRS, i race from a dig because thats how its supposed to be done, you damn ricer . i dont need to drive to houston to know my car is faster than yours, i have plenty of cobras to snack on up here.

I just watched the vid of the 1000whp cobra go 10.59@137, so youll need, what 1300hp to beat me?
Figured you'd go crawfishin.. Make up as many excuses as you want but I have nothing to prove only you do at this point. Have fun hiding in that mud hole.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Figured you'd go crawfishin.. Make up as many excuses as you want but I have nothing to prove only you do at this point. Have fun hiding in that mud hole.

What are you talking about? What excuse have i made up? because i dont want to drive 15 hours to race you?

LOL

you are a joke and so is your car. And i dont even know what youre trying to ensinuate with your crawfish comment, i dont think ive ever even seen a crawfish, you hillbilly.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Pimp

Oh yeah and hint of the day, dont call anyone else a ricer while having Z29R in your sig, thx..
Old 02-12-2007, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Once again you Rtard I said Mustangs and Camaros I'm not a ****** bird kid and I wont continue to repeat myself, so get that through your thick skull big guy.

let be ask you this douchebag, if i cant consider my car nice, what can i consider it? shitty? your a complete, 3 peice, rolling tool chest. just because there are nicer cars out there by definition doesnt mean that every other car is not nice. my camaro and others T/A's and mustangs are nicer than cavaliers but that dont make cavi's shitty. usung that logic your precious 911 is shitty because a bentley is nicer. do us all a favor and go play in traffic.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yeah and hint of the day, dont call anyone else a ricer while having Z29R in your sig, thx..

Yeah, since i just made that up

Its a package, dumbass. Just like you have a cobra on the side of your ****. Except i dont have the badges on mine.

Keep resorting to the elementary insults.

oh yeah....

Skinny White Dude Racing
Old 02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bww3588
your a complete, 3 peice, rolling tool chest.

LMFAO
Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Pimp

What are you talking about? What excuse have i made up? because i dont want to drive 15 hours to race you?

LOL

you are a joke and so is your car. And i dont even know what youre trying to ensinuate with your crawfish comment, i dont think ive ever even seen a crawfish, you hillbilly.
ok dude seriously if you can't back up your **** just say so.. Honestly we all know you have the money to drive your 3 speed racecar out here on the C16 getting "200 miles to the tank" cause you told us your self.. Remember according to you your family has all the money in the universe not to mention a sweet home theater system so whats the hold up? I think it would be fun trip for you moneybags, lets do this..

Don't be the first dude on this site to talk 15 pages of **** then bitch out using the I'll beat you anyway excuse. Bring it!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Pimp

let be ask you this douchebag, if i cant consider my car nice, what can i consider it? shitty? your a complete, 3 peice, rolling tool chest. just because there are nicer cars out there by definition doesnt mean that every other car is not nice. my camaro and others T/A's and mustangs are nicer than cavaliers but that dont make cavi's shitty. usung that logic your precious 911 is shitty because a bentley is nicer. do us all a favor and go play in traffic.
Someone is butthurt..

Here's a hint, a Bentley is a nicer car, but it's too bad we aren't talking Bentleys you **** holster. Give your *** a rest and leave this thread. Unless that's how you like it?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

better or nicer is an opinionated statment. what defines nice by my standards is different from what other people define them.
BINGO. Why are you guys getting so uptight over what "_Zac" thinks?

Who gives a **** what he thinks, as I am sure he doesn't give a **** what we think. I had a SRT-10 Viper, 2001 Z06, drove a few 911's, and now have the C6 Z06.

The best way to debate such arguement is to speak objectivly, period. No one can dispute facts, but anyone can disupte opinions.

Z06 is faster than TT - FACT
Z06 is cheaper than TT - FACT
Z06 can handle just as good, if not better than TT - FACT
Z06 can brake just as good, if not better than the TT - FACT

TT/Z06 is a nicer car - OPINION
TT/Z06 has a nicer interior - OPINION
TT/Z06 is a better DD - OPINION
TT/Z06 is the better looking car - OPINION

Everyone has thier opinions. Drive what you want. Personaly, I think the 911's are one of the ugliest, most non appealing cars on the road. Just my opinion. Can't get mad at my opinion, as it is just that. Buy what you like, and move on.

Z06 FTW!!!..(opinion, btw,,)...
Old 02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

ok dude seriously if you can't back up your **** just say so.. Honestly we all know you have the money to drive your 3 speed racecar out here on the C16 getting "200 miles to the tank" cause you told us your self.. Remember according to you your family has all the money in the universe not to mention a sweet home theater system so whats the hold up? I think it would be fun trip for you moneybags, lets do this..
youve been owned, over and over again. he is not driving 15 hours to make you look stupider than you already are. no one in their right minds would be expected to drive that far for somthing that stupid. and i dont think it was a home theater his parents have it was a movie theater. go take your shitty cobra and jack off in it in behind the bowling alley or somthing but come off it already. you keep arguing points that cant be proven or disproven. you have dodged a few of my arguments. from what i can gather from you, is the smartest thing to come out of your mouth was your daddy's ****.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Pimp

Keep resorting to the elementary insults.
If I talk like an adult it's likely your parents will get mad you've been exposed to the "real world" before they could pay your way.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Pimp

youve been owned, over and over again. he is not driving 15 hours to make you look stupider than you already are. no one in their right minds would be expected to drive that far for somthing that stupid. and i dont think it was a home theater his parents have it was a movie theater. go take your shitty cobra and jack off in it in behind the bowling alley or somthing but come off it already. you keep arguing points that cant be proven or disproven. you have dodged a few of my arguments. from what i can gather from you, is the smartest thing to come out of your mouth was your daddy's ****.