Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Single turbo LS1 (13 psi) vs. Single turbo supra (21psi & meth)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Trap was 115. It is a heads/cam car with 2.73 gears. 60' was 1.58.

A supra or any car will lose EVERY TIME to a car with a better ET. Races are point to point measured by elapsed time whether it is 1/4 mile or a roll race on the highway. Top speed at the end of the event does not matter...I'm sure you know this so I don't know what the point of your last post is.
Not true, mph is what matters on a roll race. A marked off 1/4 mile...yes, et is what matters...but not on a roll.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
Not true, mph is what matters on a roll race. A marked off 1/4 mile...yes, et is what matters...but not on a roll.
MPH definitely matters a lot more on a roll race, but still isnt the only thing. But that is why most of the Supra races you see are from a roll, that gives them the advantage.

Anyway, pre-arranged roll races are for pussies IMO. That is high school BS for kids ******* around in traffic. If you are going to set up a race it should be from a stop and show the cars complete potential.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah but many supras don't show their complete potential unless they are starting the race at 60mph. Im not trying to bash them but its true, many videos of supras you see are roll races.
-Joel
Old 08-27-2007, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Just a question for everyone; Do we have OUR "defenders" or "loudmouths" out in full force over on poopraforums.com and all of the other importfanboy sites, just like they have **** (and others) on here?? Sadly, they don't even need **** (and others) on here, the long time, high post, LS1 owning members do a good enough job of worshipping/defending the TOYS.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
A roll race is a marked off race also, it starts and then has to end at some point. Whoever gets to the end first is the winner, regardless of the MPH at the end. Whoever gets to the end first will have the faster ET. A big top end car might still be trying to catch the other car when things are shut down. Space is dominated by time, not velocity...just ask Einstein.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Just a question for everyone; Do we have OUR "defenders" or "loudmouths" out in full force over on poopraforums.com and all of the other importfanboy sites, just like they have **** (and others) on here?? Sadly, they don't even need **** (and others) on here, the long time, high post, LS1 owning members do a good enough job of worshipping/defending the TOYS.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Maybe I should leave this site too?

You wont learn anything if someone who knows doesn't teach you. Be glad our site has diversity. It's exactly what keeps competition alive, and ignorance low. After all not everyone on here is what I'd consider knowledgeable. Specifically when it comes to their own cars.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pssonu
What Im saying is. How many times do you see supras losing to a car that traps way way less or has a better et?
seen it MANY times from a stop. a roll race is fun to watch with the higher horsepower cars but means nothing. from a stop shows who's getting the power down and who's the better driver. i good a example and i know there's a vid on the net cause i've seen it. hell i fairly certain i have it video taped from 2 years ago. and if you live in houston and attend the tx2k drag events then you saw this race. but i recall the t56 rebuilds camaro beating a blue supra running less MPH then the supra (130s vs 140's) and it ran a faster ET.

Last edited by Apex_632; 08-28-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by pssonu
What Im saying is. How many times do you see supras losing to a car that traps way way less or has a better et?
Originally Posted by _Zac
You wont learn anything if someone who knows doesn't teach you. Be glad our site has diversity. It's exactly what keeps competition alive, and ignorance low.
Do you consider that a knowledgeable statement? That is just uneducated troll BS, which is exactly what DD was talking about. What does a roll race show? That a car is fast from 60+, a 1/4 mile race shows what a car can do from 0-120+ or more depending on the car. Almost every form or organized racing is time over distance, like who can finish 500 miles in the shortest amount of time.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by mzoomora
Do you consider that a knowledgeable statement? That is just uneducated troll BS, which is exactly what DD was talking about. What does a roll race show? That a car is fast from 60+, a 1/4 mile race shows what a car can do from 0-120+ or more depending on the car. Almost every form or organized racing is time over distance, like who can finish 500 miles in the shortest amount of time.
Troll? Get off your high horse kid. Not every car has to have an LS1 to go fast. Also, If what you say is true about no roll racing not catching on the way is has, than why is one of the site sponsors (John Hennessey) holding a 60-130 competition at his track?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/772527-60-130-challege-series-roll-nationals.html
Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Troll? Get off your high horse kid. Not every car has to have an LS1 to go fast. Also, If what you say is true about no roll racing not catching on the way is has, than why is one of the site sponsors (John Hennessey) holding a 60-130 competition at his track?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772527
I find the kid thing to be funny. I never said anything about LS1's, but this is a Tech website, and many of the import trolls that come on here have no technical input to give and no LS1/GenIII/IV to apply it to. And BTW I wasnt calling you a troll, but if the bridge fits.
The fact is that most of the videos you see of Supra's is doing roll races, because they get out of the hole like ****. Full 1/4 mile racing test both yours and the cars ability to launch, shift, and accelerate from a stop to a high speed. Roll racing usually involves only 1-2 shifts, at at high speeds which arent as critical.

As far as roll racing, drifting is catching on also, guess I should start competing.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe I should leave this site too?

You wont learn anything if someone who knows doesn't teach you. Be glad our site has diversity. It's exactly what keeps competition alive, and ignorance low. After all not everyone on here is what I'd consider knowledgeable. Specifically when it comes to their own cars.
WOW! I DID NOT "ask", nor even suggest anyone leave this site! I simply asked if domestics had their defenders and "fanboys" on the rice/import sites, like they have theirs on "our" site, that's ALL!!
The irony is that I'm one of the most staunch Blue Oval defenders on here, and it ALWAYS seems to be a "Fordie" getting on my case for not worshipping imports, WHY IS THAT??!!?

Quick Reply: Single turbo LS1 (13 psi) vs. Single turbo supra (21psi & meth)