Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Mach 1 (n/a) vs Turbo LS1. Surprise!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question, why did you not port your heads when you had the motor out of the car?

Just wondering. Maybe you do have some headwork done on them now?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Question, why did you not port your heads when you had the motor out of the car?

Just wondering. Maybe you do have some headwork done on them now?
Mainly because I'm impatient and the only person I'd trust to port my heads is Al Papito in FL. Also, the 4 valve heads flow pretty well out of the box and the cost to performance ratio is pretty crappy IMO. When it came down to it I had the choice of either a stroker crank or ported heads. I figured the stroker would make more power and I was right especially when comparing my #'s to other NA Machs... The heads are still stock.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Teching In

The owner of the TT Z28 did not have the car for a very long time before he sold it. He bought it with the car already TT'd. He sold it a month or two after I raced him. This makes finding any information about the car really hard for me to find. So if anyone knows someone who bought or sold a silver TT camaro from or to a guy in Lusby MD last year speak up!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

That B**** is bad ..............Nice....
Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 04azuremach
Mainly because I'm impatient and the only person I'd trust to port my heads is Al Papito in FL. Also, the 4 valve heads flow pretty well out of the box and the cost to performance ratio is pretty crappy IMO. When it came down to it I had the choice of either a stroker crank or ported heads. I figured the stroker would make more power and I was right especially when comparing my #'s to other NA Machs... The heads are still stock.
Very good point(s)!

I sent an extra pair of '03 4V heads I bought to Al in March of last year, fully expecting (and prepared) to wait 6 months or more to get them back.
It was 5 months before the heads were ready (Al is VERY busy & in demand - especially during race season).
All I had Al do to them was a slight mill for .5 or so extra compression, a good 5 angle valve job w/bronze guides & minor short-turn work.
He also installed an FR500 valvetrain kit (cams/springs/valves/followers) during reassembly.

We discussed a full Race port as an extra step, but the cost was out of my budget at the time & the rwhp gains weren't especially large.

I too might have chosen a stroker set-up over ported heads if I had to make a choice between the two.

The heads/cams Al did for me still lay waiting in my basement for when I finally decide to dig into my engine...

... don't know when that will be since I'm having so much fun with the stock engine that Ford gave me!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
Screw it... The Mach bashing is getting old... lets bash the SRT... no way that thing will run 14's...... J/K
Actually I hold the stock record of 13.63 @ 101
Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Wait, you work at FBC? ****, I didn't even realize that! Which one are you? Were you there the night I did a little down hill burn out outside?

I had some sensor dangling under neath the car and Jason had one of the guys fix it and charged me nothing! And this was for a Mustang owner! I wish the Mustang shops were like that around here...
I don't work there, I just live there pretty much working on my car.
I have the 600hp+ STS in my sig. I saw you at that meet in Feb.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
I don't work there, I just live there pretty much working on my car.
I have the 600hp+ STS in my sig. I saw you at that meet in Feb.
Ah cool. I'm slow and oblivious most of the time. I do remember seeing Bret's car. Did you bring the ????? or the Camaro? I don't think I remember seeing a TT Camaro there.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Addict

Bad *** Mach my friend; I've always loved those cars. Nice to see a stout NA car
Old 05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
Bad *** Mach my friend; I've always loved those cars. Nice to see a stout NA car
Thank you sir! Are those Torque Thrust wheels I see in your sig? If so, I LOVE the way those look on TA's.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

They were under the hood? I just remember seeing the chrome looking piece come from the TB and downward and assumed rear mount. I never looked deep into the bay, just looking at the motor in astonishment that it was an LS1 and not a V6. Thanks for clarifying Justin. CustomX was my co-pilot for all of the videos. You were clearly paying more attention than I was. After seeing the TT LS1 motor after I pulled on him I was doing excited cartwheels and stuff in the parking lot.

I thought you said you were already a member here, but you have 0 posts? LOL WTF?

Should start a thread about what your car can do. If they called BS on my car, you know they will on yours, but your time slips don't lie!

yeah, the piping came off the throttle body and y'ed off to each side of the car, i tryed to find a pic with a similar setup but no luck, yeah you were pretty happy and the guy with the camaro didnt have much to say lol

yeah i was a member but i forgot my username and all and dont remember which email i used so i just made a new one

na this is a camaro forum, i do have a camaro but im not gonna start a thread about my honda lol
Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Ah cool. I'm slow and oblivious most of the time. I do remember seeing Bret's car. Did you bring the ????? or the Camaro? I don't think I remember seeing a TT Camaro there.
I have a T-76 STS Camaro. I was parked right next to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQgkwgSRZqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJN14V5ja0

This is what it looks like, I lost the teck meet vid.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
I have a T-76 STS Camaro. I was parked right next to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQgkwgSRZqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clJN14V5ja0

This is what it looks like, I lost the teck meet vid.
Awesome. I'm very obvlivious sometimes. I probably saw the car, but never even noticed the intercooler and ignorantly thought it was just a regular F-body LOL. Nice car indeed.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

your mach moves out real good..my friends got one for a daily driver and it went 13.2 bone stock at the track..i was impressed
Old 05-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Add few cubes, stir and eat a few LS1's. This takes care of all Mustangs needing a s/c debate, though they will rage on.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...1c000f063c.htm
whoever edited this video should be fired! come to jax and run some real LS1 cars
stang does sound decent though
Old 05-06-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Nice car, I love Azure Mach's. Thought about trading in my car for one but the interior layout on Mustangs is unbearable for me. Interesting vid though to say the least. You stomp every Ls1 you show but a H/C Mustang GTS gives you a run for your money.

Last edited by big reg; 05-06-2007 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big reg
Nice car, I love Azure Mach's. Thought about trading in my car for one but the interior layout on Mustangs is unbearable for me. Interesting vid though to say the least. You stomp every Ls1 you show but a H/C Mustang GTS gives you a run for your money.
That GTS was pretty stout and I was having clutch problems that night. Listen to the race and see how slow I was shifting... Then take into account I was on ET Streets and he was on street tires and he still outlaunched me. wasn't a good night for the car, but it won nonetheless.

I finally got tired of clutches and the problems they bring, hence the C4. I love shifting, but Jesus what a pain to keep the car running...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEDinjection
whoever edited this video should be fired! come to jax and run some real LS1 cars
stang does sound decent though

Riight, jax is the ONLY place where LS1's shine.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I edited the video. I usually do a lot better, but this came off of a friend's camera which recorded to tapes. Half of the races on the video (like with the TT camaro) were cut off too early from him rewinded it and recording over it. At least he got enough to see I pulled on it.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I like that Mach 1!!!

W

Quick Reply: Mach 1 (n/a) vs Turbo LS1. Surprise!