Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Sweet Shifter Knob

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sweet Shifter ****

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/27/c...ift-****-ever/

Maybe I'm a huge nerd, but bridging the geek to gear head gap one step at a time.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

interesting to say the least
Old 04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Cool idea, but if you don't know what gear you're in...I don't think you should be driving.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

it's awesome wooow can't imagine it on C6Z06

i like it very much

Peace
Old 04-28-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Cool idea, but if you don't know what gear you're in...I don't think you should be driving.
+1
Old 04-28-2007, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

If you need a digital display on your shift **** to tell you what gear your in, then you have no place driving a manual. But that is just my 0.2
The end all be all is that it your car and as long as you like something then go for it
Old 04-28-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Babblefish.com is the ****!! Sounds like all it does is suggest gears to be in for better fuel consumption. Here is the page translation.

"The engine speed has a crucial influence on gasoline consumption. The INDY CATOR supports the driver to reduce consumption by appropriate driving fashion over up to 15%.

Transmission up to six courses (except with shift levers with reverse gear locking) and is appropriate for all only conceivable gear changes.

A photo-sensor in the INDY CATOR adapts the brightness of the digital display over an automatic Dimming function to the environment light and so always provides for optimal readability. The INDY CATOR of GAS LOCK is available in different variants and can be adapted to each interior problem-free. The installation to the electrical system of the vehicle is just as easy as the programming of the INDY CATORs with simple instructions. We drove once with the INDY CATOR, thereafter without this additional feature in its passenger car any longer we would not want to do so. Experience it!"

Last edited by djsanchez2; 04-28-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Its more for looks/cool factor than functionality. And based on that idea and the world we are living it, it'd probably sell like hot cakes.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Babblefish.com is the ****!! Sounds like all it does is suggest gears to be in for better fuel consumption. Here is the page translation.

"The engine speed has a crucial influence on gasoline consumption. The INDY CATOR supports the driver to reduce consumption by appropriate driving fashion over up to 15%.

Transmission up to six courses (except with shift levers with reverse gear locking) and is appropriate for all only conceivable gear changes.

A photo-sensor in the INDY CATOR adapts the brightness of the digital display over an automatic Dimming function to the environment light and so always provides for optimal readability. The INDY CATOR of GAS LOCK is available in different variants and can be adapted to each interior problem-free. The installation to the electrical system of the vehicle is just as easy as the programming of the INDY CATORs with simple instructions. We drove once with the INDY CATOR, thereafter without this additional feature in its passenger car any longer we would not want to do so. Experience it!"
Oh I didn't actually read that article, I just looked at the picture and assumed. So this thing offers advice as to what gear you should be in for fuel-saving reasons? If that's the case, than that is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Zymosis
Its more for looks/cool factor than functionality. And based on that idea and the world we are living it, it'd probably sell like hot cakes.
I totally agree, there's no doubt this thing will sell. It just doesn't really appeal to me for the sole reason of looking cool. But if it does actually do something as djsanchez2 suggested, then its function is in fact a pretty nifty idea.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Would be a lot more useful on a sequential gear box...unless the above stated is true.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

My only question is. What the hell, are they thinking? We have to look down at the shifter to see what gear we should be in? Plus does it have a learning mode for modded cars, we all know a modded cars fuel compumtion pattern changes from stock?
I don't like the idea of having to look down all the time to see what gear is should be in according to this little shift ****. It would be better it you could hook up a display on the dash or A-pillar. But that's just my $.02
Old 04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
Would be a lot more useful on a sequential gear box...unless the above stated is true.

In fact, a sequential is the ONLY actual function this thing would have. I know the rally, touring and GT cars with SMGs have a dash display to inform the driver of the current gear.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Teching In

wonder if you could rig one up on 10 speed MACK