Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome tutorial.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FireSilverLullaby
Great tutorial. I Made a few sig pics, any suggestions?

My first one, maybe add some text or something.

I like this one alot.

OR i could do this and put something out to the left?
Looks good. Some suggestions:

1- Choose your font style/bevel/color wisely. Even though you might like a particular font, it may look like crap on a sig with a certain background.

2- When inserting a car into a particular background, the car might seem to stick out. This is probably because the reflection on the object is different than the background's color. For example, if you have a pic of your sweet Camaro which was taken in Virginia on a January morning, and stick it into a background of the desert highway in Nevada in the late afternoon, the car will have a bright, maybe bluish cast to it, while the desert background will have a yellow, orangish cast to it. The fix is simple; Go to Image>Adjustments>Photo Filter. Here you can add a 20-30% warm filter to the Camaro, and it will blend in better with the desert background.

3- Borders- Sometimes a border can help with a sig looking "plain". Simply create a new layer by selecting Layer>New layer. Then select the entire layer by going to Select>All. Next create the border by selecting Image>Stroke. Set the thickness of the border stroke, (usually I use 6-8 pixels) then choose the color. Hit "OK" then Select>Deselect to remove the selected border. Sometimes the border can be blurred by adding a Gaussian Blur to the border's layer.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks alot snootch those were some good tips. I couldnt find the photo filter, but i used the color balance and made the windows a little more transparent.

And i added a border, and got a new font and location, but im still not real sure on what font to use or where to put it.

Last edited by FireSilverLullaby; 07-08-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FireSilverLullaby
Thanks alot snootch those were some good tips. I couldnt find the photo filter, but i used the color balance and made the windows a little more transparent.

And i added a border, and got a new font and location, but im still not real sure on what font to use or where to put it.
That looks pretty good. I dont think I would of added the other pic of the back of the car on the left side though. Sometimes you want to add a little bit of something else that ties in the background theme or your screen name into the sig. For instance... when I saw your screen name "Black Demon" I instantly thought of the baddest *** demon I have seen in a movie- The "Lord of Darkness" in the 1985 movie "legend" with Tom Cruise. So I buzzed over to Google Images, and found a pic of an action figure. I cut him out, threw him in there, and removed some saturation, added a bit of red photo filter to him and put him on the left. I selected your car using the polygonal lasso tool and threw a yellow and orange filter on it so it blended into the background, then sharpened it using the unsharp mask filter. Then I found a good looking gothic-demon looking font over at 1001fonts.com, and put a inner red glow, an outer pale yellow glow on it using the Layer>Layer styles window. Heres the result:

Really all you need to do is play around in PS for a while, seeing what all the options do for you. BTW, the photo filter isn't in the "Filters" section, its under Image, then Adjustments- near the bottom. Youv'e got a hell of a good start, and what you've done looks great. Just play around with settings, and find a few things that can really make your art "pop". Good luck....
Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Wow that looks amazing snootch. I just took some of your ideas and made a few more with ghost rider in it.

And i have an old version of photoshop i think its the 7.0 one thats almos 5 years old, so i dont think mine has the photo filter
Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the tutorial
worked great in GIMP
Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the cool lesson

Here's my Monaro pic's

Please if you have some comments to add just tell

And this is lowed

Old 08-04-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

DAMN im pissed this thing is frustrating the hell out of me. Everytime i try making one its like things dont go like i read it.
-Joel
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks this helped me make my sig pic. thumbs UP
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

sig test
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 AM
TECH Addict

My problem is in the beginning everytime i click to apply the transition nothing happens, and even when i hold the shift the photo doesn't stay in proportion. It sucks because i can't even get a pic of my car to transition into a 500x150
-Joel
Old 10-07-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

im having trouble getting one pic to fade into the other. im using PS7, and I try to erase one layer but its messing up the whole thing when I try and do it.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make this thread a Sticky very worthy!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

just curious how do you even make the images big for threads like how you did? whenever I try to post photos in a thread they come up very small and you have to click to make larger

Quick Reply: How to create a sig pic tutorial