Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GT5 Prologue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT5 Prologue

Video--->> http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstatio...ue/videos/3452

Perfection. I was really going to get a 360 to get Forza. But, now, I'm holding out to see what happens with this.

New Screens I found on the Japanese GT Site.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

OH MY GOD!!! This is what i've been holding out for on buying a PS3.
I nearly creamed my pants as i was scrolling through the pics. That is just amazing.

**** i just watched the vid and yet again i am even more amazed.

Any idea on how to DL it? I wanna put in on my Vision :M

Last edited by djsanchez2; 07-13-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the game ends up looking like that, I'd be surprised.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:46 AM
11 Second Club

I always loved this game BUT Always Camaro and No TRans am.

The game look sick I bought PS3 Last month it rocks BTW.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

I think it will havethe new camaro...

But honestly im getting PS3 when this comes out!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

the PS3 is great console ... this damn graphic game will be a bomb and i still waiting it on FIRE

Peace
Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
If the game ends up looking like that, I'd be surprised.
Polyphony Digital has NEVER used pre-rendered trailers and different release graphics for ANY of their GT series games... No other game company is more reliable than them to believe that this is 100% how it will look. This does not surprise me at all since GTHD looks nearly identical to this anyway which I play very often on my PS3 between breaks of Forza 2 and DiRT.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

The price is supposed to drop very soon for the ps3. $410 for the lower end unit and $515 for the better one. The graphic are amazing, I thought it was a real picture at first.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Polyphony Digital has NEVER used pre-rendered trailers and different release graphics for ANY of their GT series games... No other game company is more reliable than them to believe that this is 100% how it will look. This does not surprise me at all since GTHD looks nearly identical to this anyway which I play very often on my PS3 between breaks of Forza 2 and DiRT.

Exactly. Take a look at all the other GT's. Especially 3 and 4. When 3 was out they said that it couldn't get any better. Then GT4 pushed the PS2 even further. Can't imagine what a second edition on the PS3 will look like.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Damnit! Now I have to go and buy PS3!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by speedy_2
Exactly. Take a look at all the other GT's. Especially 3 and 4. When 3 was out they said that it couldn't get any better. Then GT4 pushed the PS2 even further. Can't imagine what a second edition on the PS3 will look like.
Word...

I mean, ****, GTHD already looks WAY better than Forza 2, WHICH I PLAY RELIGIOUSLY like four hours a day (I'm a HUGE Forza fan)... But if they can do this with a free and preliminary demo that's been out already for some time (last year at least)...

... Imagine what they can with some real development time.

I'd honestly be surprised if it DID NOT look better, by the time it's out, than all these screens on this thread.

BTW, exterior modeling will obviously be immaculate BUT so will the interiors for each car in case some didn't know.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Finally a ferrari lol
Old 07-14-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not saying it's pre-rendered, I'm saying that they are using the development PCs, where they can run the game on the PS3 hardware, but use all the filters to make it look perfect. Much like the 360 boys did with Gears Of War for all the TV Spots and theater Trailers, the trailer was running in realtime on the 360 hardware, but it was running on a PC with all the filters so there were no jaggies or clipping/tearing, etc. If you get the current Car and Driver, there is an article about GT5 and you can see th PCs, I'm talking about. I'm just saying, i'd be surprised that the game will look exactly like those screens and if it does it will be the best looking game I've seen.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Junkie

^ Nonetheless... Did you see the pics I posted? That's the free demo GTHD on the PS3, and I've been playing it on my PS3 console for quite some time... That's nearly identical; therefore, it's safe to say those shots are THE LEAST of what they should be for GT5 when done SINCE GTHD STILL looks better (more "finished') than those E3 dev shots of GT5 as many PS3 owners agree... In other words, those very cool pics are **** POOR compared to a finished release demo since PD only showcases running game engine trailers, viz. It'd be absurd to think the game would look worse than the trailer. What the real GT5 is gonna be should be sickening. Scary to think about, actually.

I guess if you'd play GTHD on the PS3, you'd think that's the best looking game you ever saw. And that's nothing! It's been out for a long time!!! Nothing new. Those graphics are MORE than possible. In fact, it's only reasonable the finished game has to be WAY better the than the demo out right now.

Again, I'd be disappointed if the graphics were only as good as those pics since that's the quality available now on the trailer. They better be EVEN BETTER for sure.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

FORZA is junk if you like childish games, Ive played it compared to GT series...

It has more of a acarde like fun"

But its not as real as GT series
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

^ Hey, let's not knock Forza... GT had started strong on the Audio facets of their series, and then they got lazy with games like NFS Underground 1 already sounding better during the GT3 and GT4 era... And as the standards are now, Forza's engine sounds are freakin' AWESOME compared to every other game out (except maybe DiRT) there... Especially compared to the GT's of late.

Their modifications menus/interface is much more cleaned up than GT. Yes, the graphics are lackluster for next-gen, and yes there is still an arcadey feel to it. But it's still one hot sim, and their list of cars is super impressive.

That said, I think GT sound developers finally "got off the couch," and they are gonna blow us away with GT5.

Have you heard these sounds? The graphics for this were way before GTHD though. Listen to how this sounds. I think Kazunori Yamauchi has alot of **** up his sleeve that we don't even know the half: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnIOFpFSlZg

Well, time for me to go back to Forza... I'm going insane trying to catch the Hennessey TT Viper on the Viper manufacturer-specific race.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've played GTHD on the PS3, but compared to Forza, not that much better, and Forza has to fit in a "Photoshop-like" interface with 4000 layers as well as extensive modifications to each and every car. I wonder if they were to take all that out, what they could squeeze out of Forza? Who knows, maybe when PGR4 comes out, it'll be a better graphical comparison.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Gran Turismo will have better visuals then Forza....period.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll buy my PS3 when this thing comes out. I played the GTHD, I'm loving that F430.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, but I bet its not gonna come out till at least early to mid 2008 lol.