Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Need Feed Back First attempt making a "video"

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need Feed Back First attempt making a "video"

Finally got some time to mess with my imovie software and came up with this. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ebazan/running.mov
7.9megs
I love ricks videos(98 snake eater) and wanted to do something like that forever. This is my first attempt at this kind of video so let me know what you think. Don't go to hard on those passes, they are 1/8mi clips I had on the computer(need a cage to run it in the 11's )
Hope you like,
J
Old 06-20-2003, 06:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Need Feed Back First attempt making a

My only real suggestion is a new camera man. Sort of felt like I was watching Blair Witch whenever they would soom to the track times. Besides for that not bad for your first time.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Very cool dude!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey frcfed98 please tell me more about that little 35 shot kit. I want a little kit like that.
Ilike ur vid awesome. especially the smoke in the beginning
Old 06-20-2003, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For a first Vid, that was F'ng Awesome

What kinda software are you using?

I like the fuzzy black snow at the beginning and end

I'd like to try sumthin like that, but I usually use text and backgrounds that are clear enough to see when the video is compressed to a very small size (I'm on dial up, so uploading big files is a no no)

Anyhoo, click Here for the very first compilation vid I ever made

It's a bit Raw and choppy, but it's all I could manage with the crappy software I was using at the time...

Rick
Old 06-20-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

RIGHT ON! Just what I was looking for when I started up the computer. Thanks guys
72bird you are definately right on that, the dude is trying though, I just give him my digi camera and tell him to start shooting with a rough idea of what I want. He is getting the hang of it, he gets practice every wednesday at the track.

Pendragon Thanks man and Thanks a million for the sig pic, I have gotten a ton of compliments on it.

Fbodyman it is a TNT F1 kit but I am running a single nozzle with the smallest jet to get the HP down to a 35shot. I have yet to get the friggin window switch to activate at 3000rpm, don't know if the switch is bad or what, I suck a trouble shooting electrical stuff so I have to wait for someone to help me out. I want to see what it does for the E.T. and MPH

98 Snake Eater, Rick your videos are always a blast to watch. I suck at this computer thing and always wanted to do a video like that. I have a Power Mac G4 1000, it came with this software called "imovie", it is cool now that I found out what it does. It pays to mess around with it huh, its super easy to use, if I can make a decent video with it anyone can. As for the effects, the beginning was the "fog" effect and for the closing transition it was the "age film" effect. I was trying to keep the movie small and was unsure of how it would come out. I can make it full DV quality with this but it would be HUGE but crystal clear, so I made it for the web and the quality is pretty good. The software does the sizing with the option you chose, which is cool because even though it was small and a little choppy you can make out the effects pretty good. BUT thanks for the props, your videos are still the best I've seen and your compliments are very appreciated
J
Old 06-20-2003, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice!, Try cutting out some of the wait time, like after the burnout go straight to the launch. Keep the action going with very little waiting between. Show some closeups of the folks (hopefully female) on the line, and get their expressions. Great first video! Your video Kung Fu is excellent!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:43 PM
PR Director

I can't see it? It just comes up with a blank screen.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the great advice Dale. that will speed it up tons. I am still learning the ins and outs of this software. I am working on another, but the computer kept shutting down so I'll be finishing it up tomorrow, I will try what you suggested, should make the action quicker. I have to tell my buddy who is filming to keep the "assesorys"...errr females out, my GF watches the tapes when we get home to see how I did. I will try to sneak in a few with some clever camera tricks

Mike(Slammed) It might be that you don't have the right plugin to view quicktime videos. Try a search on quicktime and see if you can get the right plugin. Thats the another downside to a Macintosh computer sometimes window dudes can't share/see files.
Hope that helped.
J
Old 06-22-2003, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heres a new one with some 11 sec passes and new music, I am still working on cutting stuff up to make em better, let the learning continue.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsbird...rcefedfuel.mov
For you thick air breathers pay attention to the end
J
Old 06-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Cool vid! Is that in ABQ??? If so, when I go home this summer, I'd love to see the car!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Nice Vid, Sweet Bird
Old 06-24-2003, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Evil SS yep That's here in Alb, we got the state to reopen the track. No problem on seeing the car just let me know when and we can meet up at the track or some place to shoot the ****.
Thanks

BeardWS6 Thanks man, I'm learning to make em better like 98 snakeeater and having a blast doing it. The car is soon to go under the knife for a cage install and a new low compression LS6 motor with 6.0 heads ported and polished. The motor will be a stock displacement 9.1-1 set up and I will be forcing 15psi down it or 9psi and a 100hp shot.
Thanks for the props guys,
J
Old 06-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Teching In

nice job, keep workin