Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

790RWHP GT500 w/ DRs only into mid-high 11's...lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny these bolt-on LS1 guys seem to always find videos like this. You never see them posting the record setting runs from the same type cars, cars with less power running two seconds faster at 140+. lol

Sad..
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bandimere is alot lower in elevation then our track.

Our track usually is around 7-8k DA, plus the prep isnt that great. My buddies 850+HP Supra runs 11.00@133, its easy to blame it on the driver but being that we are at this elevation for every 1k feet its about 2-tenths slower than it would be at sea level. My car went 12.0@115 here on motor and i make 466-unlocked auto. Cant wait to see what she does at a nice track @ sea level.

Also just so its easier to realize, a stock C6 Z06 Corvette traps 123-124 at sea level, there is a C6 Z06 here that laid down 543rwhp cam/bolt-ons and best trap HERE was 125. STOCK Fbody's run 13.9-14.3's here @100-102, stock C5 Z06 Corvettes run 13.4-13.6 @105 here.

Last edited by Black98Z28; 11-20-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by _Zac
Funny these bolt-on LS1 guys seem to always find videos like this. You never see them posting the record setting runs from the same type cars, cars with less power running two seconds faster at 140+. lol

Sad..
I've seen that ONE shop's GT500 that runs 9's.....BFD. I've seen Pintos pull 8's before. I'm hardly a "bolt on LS1", my TA had a forged internals LS6 with a procharger,h/c,moser 12 bolt and other goodies, the only reason it wasn't in the 10's is that I never ran slicks on it, that's my short coming. My current car is a low 11 second C6 that ran that number on stock run flat tires. Not to play the if/when game here, but drs should put me pretty close to 10.9's/11.00's. You Mustang peeps can't get by the FACT that no matter what kinda powerplant FORD throws together for these pigs, they just can't seem to be able to out run a GM.The only decent car Ford has made in years(since the early 70's) was the GT, and the idiots killed the production of that car.Guess they had to sucker in more balding,middle aged ,wanna relive a youth I never had,buyers with the GT500,GT500KR,SUPER SNAKE,Shelby...blah,blah,blah.Enough already. Ford performance peaked for the mustang with the Terminators and the GT. These "shelbys" are nothing more than marketing gimmicks. You can strap a rocket to a turd and it'll just be a fast piece of ........
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Pimp

Dude LOL @ your opinions, they are awful, but they are yours so yeah.. wow..
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man altitude blows. Losing 150 HP to thin air. dumpin the same amt of money and time into that car in my area would get u even more then 150 hp as we have to lower numbers to correct them here.
Depressing.

John
Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Evilways
I've seen that ONE shop's GT500 that runs 9's.....BFD. I've seen Pintos pull 8's before. I'm hardly a "bolt on LS1", my TA had a forged internals LS6 with a procharger,h/c,moser 12 bolt and other goodies, the only reason it wasn't in the 10's is that I never ran slicks on it, that's my short coming. My current car is a low 11 second C6 that ran that number on stock run flat tires. Not to play the if/when game here, but drs should put me pretty close to 10.9's/11.00's. You Mustang peeps can't get by the FACT that no matter what kinda powerplant FORD throws together for these pigs, they just can't seem to be able to out run a GM.The only decent car Ford has made in years(since the early 70's) was the GT, and the idiots killed the production of that car.Guess they had to sucker in more balding,middle aged ,wanna relive a youth I never had,buyers with the GT500,GT500KR,SUPER SNAKE,Shelby...blah,blah,blah.Enough already. Ford performance peaked for the mustang with the Terminators and the GT. These "shelbys" are nothing more than marketing gimmicks. You can strap a rocket to a turd and it'll just be a fast piece of ........
this is why a ford has the record for fastest drag radial car, and fastest 10.5w car right? the availability of parts to go fast for these stangs sure seems to be able to make em compete or beat gm's and vise versa. the whole gm vs ford deal is retarded. i've owned fords and gm's and i can give pros and cons of each car i've owned.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Apex_632
i've owned fords and gm's and i can give pros and cons of each car i've owned.
Correct, I think you will find only close minded people chose a side.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by _Zac
Dude LOL @ your opinions, they are awful, but they are yours so yeah.. wow..
Dude LOL @ your car,it is aweful,but it is yours so yeah....wow...

get off the pipe,man....

I don't care how many excuses you make for it, those times for that car/hp, no matter it's elevation,stinks to high heaven. If you wanna nibble at the blue oval pole all night, then thats you, but last I checked, this is and LS forum, there's plenty of blue oval places where you can make excuses for getting beaten by a GM/Dodge/ricer. The only reason Ford is high up in the drag racing community is because the parts are plentiful and there's two dozen ragged out 5.0s at every trailer park in the country for sale, cheap, so the owners can buy crack.The slightly higher than crack-addicted-trailer-dweller status buyer then takes the said 5.0s, looks at a Summit catalog and spends their baby's college savings for parts just to bring it into the 10's-11's on slicks. It's sad. I guess you don't ever learn until a real car blows you into the stands.....BTW, hardly close minded...I said the Ford GT was a great car, but I guess not too many former/current 5.0 owners could get financing with food stamps as down payments.....
Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

get off the pipe,man....

I don't care how many excuses you make for it, those times for that car/hp, no matter it's elevation,stinks to high heaven. If you wanna nibble at the blue oval pole all night, then thats you, but last I checked, this is and LS forum, there's plenty of blue oval places where you can make excuses for getting beaten by a GM/Dodge/ricer. The only reason Ford is high up in the drag racing community is because the parts are plentiful and there's two dozen ragged out 5.0s at every trailer park in the country for sale, cheap, so the owners can buy crack.The slightly higher than crack-addicted-trailer-dweller status buyer then takes the said 5.0s, looks at a Summit catalog and spends their baby's college savings for parts just to bring it into the 10's-11's on slicks. It's sad. I guess you don't ever learn until a real car blows you into the stands.....BTW, hardly close minded...I said the Ford GT was a great car, but I guess not too many former/current 5.0 owners could get financing with food stamps as down payments.....
wow great reply there dude. if i'm not mistaken as you put the 5.0's in there i think that i see 3rd gen fbodies out there just as much racing as a foxbody. guess those are just as plentiful for the crack-addicted-trailer-dwellers too eh?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Pimp

get off the pipe,man....

Last I checked I've been posting on this LS forum 5 years longer than you newbcakes. Secondly, if GM owners are so "rich and high class" why don't they throw more money into making the cars faster than the "white trash" 5.0? Probably cause the cars are simply faster no matter what they do. Also, you would have to really be drinking the coolaid to believe half the bullshit you just tracked into this thread. PS I own a stang and looks like my food stamps were good over at the Chevy dealer when I got my Z06 back in 02. (isn't a Z06 the best version of a corvette?) Yeah........ Have a nice day big guy!

_Zac

Last edited by _Zac; 11-20-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

so....thats what being envious is like....I've never had that feeling, but you guys are conveying it perfectly. It's sad that it takes a $50Ksupercharged mustang,thats marked up to $60K+, plus a ton of mods,tires,tuning,etc, just to get close to a $39K C6 with drs and a couple of bolt ons(one just ran an 11.3 this weekend) and a frickin' automatic tranny.You mustang people amuse me. "The oppressed love the oppressors and can't wait to be like them". You'd trade your right *********, if you had any , to have anything other than a blue oval and you know it.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Pimp

Are you retarded?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

hmm well yes i would like something nicer then the car i have now but i don't have a ford.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Junkie

???
If you're trying to insult me, at least be legible.
Everyone else read it fine

DRIVER MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

get off the pipe,man....

You sound like a little kid, please grow up

I dont care if you 40years old,and make 1,000,000 dollers a year. Or your the head of some company, keep a open mind not a ignorant one.

Grow up
Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Pimp

If he's worried about someone else spending over 50k on a car that's in or above the same level as his car, than I doubt he's banking in the millions. Just a guess....
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not worried about someone else buying a $50K mustang that performs below a less expensive C6 that also has better handling and gas mileage. I won't be provoked to reveal my financial situation, all that does is serve to fuel the fire. It's insane for Ford as a conciencious company , to produce such performance duds in the image of Carroll Shelby, just for a few bucks. It's all a big marketing scam. Did you guys realize that Ford hired two firms to help produce the "Shelby" mustangs(Gt500,GT,SuperSnake,KR)? Those two firms were 1) a marketing company and 2) a toy company. Not racing or performance companies,not professional drivers ,current or retired, but frickin' marketing and toy companies.These cars are a joke. Mr Shelby can sit back and be fine and smiling with the $$$ rolling into his accounts from these vehicles, but I bet if the 25yr old version of him were to be here, he'd kick his older self's tail all over for this debacle. This whole thread started over an insanely over modded GT500 barely making it into the 11's with drs and has turned into a Ford love fest by some here. Just accept that the new mustangs will never be worth what the "collector" market says they will be someday, they'll never perfrom on the same level as GM's finest products, and will always be synomymous with white-trash-trailer-park-wife-beater-wearing-immature-undereducated-no-driving-skills-vin diesel wanna bes.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Pimp

I'm not worried about someone else buying a $50K mustang that performs below a less expensive C6 that also has better handling and gas mileage. I won't be provoked to reveal my financial situation, all that does is serve to fuel the fire. It's insane for Ford as a conciencious company , to produce such performance duds in the image of Carroll Shelby, just for a few bucks. It's all a big marketing scam. Did you guys realize that Ford hired two firms to help produce the "Shelby" mustangs(Gt500,GT,SuperSnake,KR)? Those two firms were 1) a marketing company and 2) a toy company. Not racing or performance companies,not professional drivers ,current or retired, but frickin' marketing and toy companies.These cars are a joke. Mr Shelby can sit back and be fine and smiling with the $$$ rolling into his accounts from these vehicles, but I bet if the 25yr old version of him were to be here, he'd kick his older self's tail all over for this debacle. This whole thread started over an insanely over modded GT500 barely making it into the 11's with drs and has turned into a Ford love fest by some here. Just accept that the new mustangs will never be worth what the "collector" market says they will be someday, they'll never perfrom on the same level as GM's finest products, and will always be synomymous with white-trash-trailer-park-wife-beater-wearing-immature-undereducated-no-driving-skills-vin diesel wanna bes.
Yes this thread is about one guys poor performance in 6 speed car, but that's not the norm for the car and you know it. Many have gone low 12's @ 117 stock. You can't match that performance in a stock C6, nor can you gain 50 rwhp with a filter swap. Sure the vette is great, goods gift to the car aficionado? Negative. I think you have built your own vehicle up so high in your own mind you don't know what to do. Why? cause now that the company you have hated since you were a child, cause your dad hated it, cause his dad hated it built a Mustang. One that's more expensive, faster, and more sought after than what you currently have depreciating in your driveway. This isn't about the Cobra, Ford, Shelby, or any of that. This is about your undeniable hatred and close mindedness for a car company, and that my friend is sad.

PS, please don't write another bible for a response to this, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, I can't handle sitting here all day reading paragraph after paragraph of nonsense.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Mazdas factory actually produced the Shelby varients for Ford..... In case you didn't realize it, many bone stock on stock tire C6s, both LS2 and LS3 are in the low 12's(12.2-12.4's) while only Evan Smith, professional driver FF&M, and other magazines, has been the only person verified that pushed the GT500 bone stock to 12.28, all other verified(i.e. not lied about)Bone Stock GT500 passes have been at 12.6 and higher.It was a good chance since Mr Smith worked for a Ford mag, he got a "ringer" as the tested car, so that account is a little fuzzy as well. 50 RWHP for a filter swap???? Somebody please buy this guy a clue. LOL. You're outta your mind and wayyy outta your league when talking about cars to me. As far as hating Fords, hardly. I had a 73 Mach 1 and my Father in Law has a 68 convertable. As I stated before, Ford hasn't made but one decent car since the 70's and that was the GT. BTW, my "bible" writing is only to help educate the uneducated such as yourself. Do everyone here a favor and stop trying to pretend you're intelligent,witty, and know anything about cars. And as far as my cars depreciating...hardly....Corvettes hold their value as well or better than any American car, can you say that about the hideous car in your sig? Whats the value of it? I bet I'd get change back out of a $5 dollar bill if I purchased it.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Pimp

Mazdas factory actually produced the Shelby varients for Ford..... In case you didn't realize it, many bone stock on stock tire C6s, both LS2 and LS3 are in the low 12's(12.2-12.4's) while only Evan Smith, professional driver FF&M, and other magazines, has been the only person verified that pushed the GT500 bone stock to 12.28, all other verified(i.e. not lied about)Bone Stock GT500 passes have been at 12.6 and higher.It was a good chance since Mr Smith worked for a Ford mag, he got a "ringer" as the tested car, so that account is a little fuzzy as well. 50 RWHP for a filter swap???? Somebody please buy this guy a clue. LOL. You're outta your mind and wayyy outta your league when talking about cars to me. As far as hating Fords, hardly. I had a 73 Mach 1 and my Father in Law has a 68 convertable. As I stated before, Ford hasn't made but one decent car since the 70's and that was the GT. BTW, my "bible" writing is only to help educate the uneducated such as yourself. Do everyone here a favor and stop trying to pretend you're intelligent,witty, and know anything about cars. And as far as my cars depreciating...hardly....Corvettes hold their value as well or better than any American car, can you say that about the hideous car in your sig? Whats the value of it? I bet I'd get change back out of a $5 dollar bill if I purchased it.
Out of my League? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Have you put an LS1 in the 8's? Have you ever owned a Cobra, or any supercharged mustang? Can't call me cheap I owned a nicer Vette than you! Oh wait what is this? Is THIS the actual dyno graph from K&N filters proving you're wrong? I think it is!!! What's your 50k car worth these days? 33k?? Owch.. Better keep that $5, you'll be needing it more than me.