Now that was wild.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why was the cop even on the hood ?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy watching these kinds of videos because it amazes me that people still run. Yes I hear about people getting away but worse case scenario you end up blind siding an innocent civilian and racking up charges once you are caught, thats if you live through it.
The person driving the car had plenty of chances to just say **** it there is no where to run, instead even after being rammed he still tried to get away. The cops did what they had to do to stop this **** tard from getting away because if hes trying that hard to get away from the cops you can bet he could care less about running an innocent bystander over.

I still dont know why that cop would feel compelled to jump on the hood of that car, he could have blown his head off through the side window.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by CO99Z28Vert; 02-05-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this is local and I never heard of it. Anyone know why he was running?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Teching In

That's what happens when you endanger others the cop was acting on instinct and I don't think that criminal was ever going to stop. That dude is better off dead. I feel for the passenger though, what could he do.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
Man this is local and I never heard of it. Anyone know why he was running?
here is a news report from the passenger
http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/nei...8-5a8c48f8d4b6
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DUDE!!! That is exactly where I work! When the guy does the u-turn right before the big intersection and ends up going south on Reed Hartman, if you go not 500ft from that intersection I work right there. And when the video started, the cop was about .5 miles from my apartment. I remember when that happened, it was the end of this summer and it was super hot. there was rumors of another race riot downtown because of the heat, and some little kid died downtown the week before (don't remember how he died) and there were going to be like thousands of people marching in the streets for the funeral. The evening before the funeral this guy get shot (black dude if i remember). They shut down Reed Hartman or Ronald Regan the next day. My GF works downtown and she wasn't allowed to go to work because they were afraid there was going to be a riot. That was a crazy day.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Launching!

ive seen this video before and someone looked into the whole thing. i cant remember why he ran, but there were sever attempts not caught on this tape and it was a long pursuit. this vid caused alot of drama, its easy for some people to blame the cop after you see him shoot the dirver. but think about what you would be seeing if you were the pursuing officer, some guy driving with no concern for his or his passenger or anyone elses life, who even at gunpoint, did not stop. the cops life was in danger, three shots might have been too much, but what would you be saying if the cop shot him once and then the driver pulled a gun and shot the cop...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Launching!

holy **** trigger happy. ****, i would be to if he put that many lives in danger! nice vid.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems all legit to me, the cops had every right to do what they did. Looks like natural selection does work.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Yea the cops def went ape **** on them but really he deserved it...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

**** him. I have no respect for the life of someone that does not respect my own life. KILL THEM ALL, LET GOD SORT THEM OUT
Old 02-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

from what we see in the video i dont think the cop had the right to do that BUT again there were cuts made to the tape and we did not see the whole footage so it could have been all legal....

Black says Bennett made an illegal U-turn that was noticed by a Blue Ash police officer.

are you serious??? a high speed pursuit for an illegal U turn....i dont knwo about there, but here if it is something small that isnt a felony they usually break off pursuits at a certain speed, even if there is no traffic,pedestrians etc etc cause theres no need to put the cops or the person runnings lives in danger for something like an illegal U turn....oh well at least none of the cops got hurt
Old 02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
I enjoy watching these kinds of videos because it amazes me that people still run. Yes I hear about people getting away but worse case scenario you end up blind siding an innocent civilian and racking up charges once you are caught, thats if you live through it.
The person driving the car had plenty of chances to just say **** it there is no where to run, instead even after being rammed he still tried to get away. The cops did what they had to do to stop this **** tard from getting away because if hes trying that hard to get away from the cops you can bet he could care less about running an innocent bystander over.

I still dont know why that cop would feel compelled to jump on the hood of that car, he could have blown his head off through the side window.

Just my opinion.
My words exactly, that dumb **** deserved what happened to him. He could have killed some innocent person.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

i think i read in the post with the newspaper article that the car was stolen. im just glad they did what they had to do bc if i had a cop ontop of my car im deffinatly going to stop no matter what. i hate people like that. i have to admit that is the clearest police video i have ever seen
Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree what an idiot for even running - but the one thing that still bothers me is the whole "he tried to ram me!" thing - stuff like that is totally uncalled for - he could have even said "suspect is turning around and running" other than that - looked ligit - the cop on the hood was crazy wild west style there.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I think the cops went a little overboard but its natural when faced with what I just saw. The only thing that worries me is knowing the pass could of gotten shot. Assuming the passenger was captive and not willingly going along for the ride.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

hahaha thats just just down the street from my house dont mess with blue ash glad that dude got it
Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS240sx
I dont think the person is right for running. But I call that excessive force. The guy never tried to ram the cop and I never saw a weapon pulled or attempt to hit an officer. I would call that border line murder. 3 shots point blank is not necessary.
So if you were on top of a guys car trying to get him to stop you wouldnt fire at him to get him to stop?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

BAPD says it all.