Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Have a look at what the brits think of American muscle

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't wait to see the new Zr1 on top gear and see what bad things he has to say about it.. i think everyone feels the same on that
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrkPhynx
That's only on the film segment. Watch when they cut back to the studio, he rips into it basically in the same way, pulling out a roll of paper he claimed to be a list of things he found wrong with it. But it was just because it was so good at what it was meant to do, and so well priced, AND American, that he couldn't let it stand at that, so he nit-picked it to death, just to try to make it look bad in the end.
And in that vein, those who actually think he's not biased, anti-American, and fully of contradictions, check this clip out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7TVRM0rjBU

He treats the 599 just like the Z06, but goes easier because it's Italian, but then watch what he says he'd rather have, and pay close attention to what he says about it. It's FULL of short comings, and things like the "gear leeeva" are worse than the Roush and Z06, but it's all perfectly ok. In an Italian car, that stuff just doesn't matter. Convenient, that.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About an 1:10 of that 1:20 clip is complete crap... all the comparisons were fixed... by using **** american cars.. Put the land rover against a jeep and see how it does.

he doesnt even test the ford Gt on the road.. which is his only complaint with the Z06.. as far as actual car data is concerned this is complete rubbish.. but it is entertaining.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well when they destroyed the prius that was cool lol but yea driving a v6 mustang claiming its a v8 was lame
Old 02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Teching In

WHAT A DIP, BUT THEN AGAIN IT GOT YOUR ATTENTION DIDN'T IT? KIND OF LIKE THESE STUPID CAPITAL LETTERS!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Would someone please tell him how to pronounce ZO6!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Its always funny to see a domestic fans' views on Clarkson. Normally they are so far from reality its not even funny. This thread further proves that point. Clarkson owns a Ford GT that he loves. Hes said it countless times that its better than the F430 Ferrari, and just about any car ever made. Hammond owns a GT350 and I believe one other older domestic car. So where is the domestic hate?

Oh yeah he says negative things about the cars made here. Guess what, a lot of what he says CAN be true. Mustangs ride like crap compared to how decent they handle. The interiors are full of **** *** plastic. But, like they have ALL said after reviewing the domestic made cars, they are a great buy because of the performance for the money, but you can see where the cost has been cut in other places.

Domestic hate? Only if you are a close minded idiot.
What are you his but lover? He clearly dogged everything on the show accept the last car. He is the Simon cowel of ******* cars!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Launching!

I dont care what he thinks, Brits love my car... drops their jaw everytime...

"Oi mate, what size motor is in it?"

"5.7 litre LT1"

"Fawckin hell mate!"

-justin
Old 02-23-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did he also say the shelby GT500 has a s/c 4.6L???? Definately doesn't have a 5.4L
Old 02-23-2008, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Did he also say the shelby GT500 has a s/c 4.6L???? Definately doesn't have a 5.4L
Ha well add that one to the list then too of stuff they misrepresent:

C6 has leaf springs (im not sure im goin to even dignify that with a response)
Race a V6 mustang and claim is a 4.6L 300 hp ( not to mention im sure there is suspension differences)
And now the GT500

Look like somebody need to do a little more reasearch. Im mean seriously, if I was gonna go to another country and tear apart their cars I would be damn sure that my info and specs were right.

Also found it interesting how the viper ripped the bmw apart on the straight aways and then on the last one it couldnt pull away from it to save its life... I wonder how many tries it took for the viper to end at the same time as the BMW....
Old 02-23-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Zed O' Six is like herpes, great fun catching it but not so much fun to live with every day.

I've always thought he is a pompous ***. My perception of him hasn't changed.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02T/A-WS6

Well it does have ONE leaf spring technically. And it's lateral, not longnitudnal.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 02T/A-WS6
Ha well add that one to the list then too of stuff they misrepresent:

Actually they do(as do every other generation Corvette, look it up), but its nothing like he made them out to be,
They are composite transversely mounted leafs, one in front one in the rear:

They are way lighter than the conventional coil over setups.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

if some of you watched the new season of top gear he makes fun of all the British leyland manufactures because they were so shitty.

I dont think he is biased at all, he is just negative towards all cars. he makes fun of Germany, Japan, America, and everything in between.

If he was just some positive guy with no opinions he would be doing boring car reviews for Edmund's.

chill out people

and repost
Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oifish
if some of you watched the new season of top gear he makes fun of all the British leyland manufactures because they were so shitty.

I dont think he is biased at all, he is just negative towards all cars. he makes fun of Germany, Japan, America, and everything in between.

If he was just some positive guy with no opinions he would be doing boring car reviews for Edmund's.

chill out people

and repost
Originally Posted by DrkPhynx
And in that vein, those who actually think he's not biased, anti-American, and fully of contradictions, check this clip out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7TVRM0rjBU

He treats the 599 just like the Z06, but goes easier because it's Italian, but then watch what he says he'd rather have, and pay close attention to what he says about it. It's FULL of short comings, and things like the "gear leeeva" are worse than the Roush and Z06, but it's all perfectly ok. In an Italian car, that stuff just doesn't matter. Convenient, that.
Additionally, if you actually watch the show and pay attention, you see that he hates Porsche, doesn't like German cars in general (but will let BMW and Audi slide), and NEVER gives the thumbs up to ANYthing American. He also takes very frequent shots and US citizens. He will occasionally bust on Germans or French, but not with near the frequency (or venom).

Nobody's crying or getting worked up, we're just stating a rather obvious fact to those who don't see it.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

jackass.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

wow, thats the only dumbass i have ever heard bitching about getting to drive a 500hp 427ci vette! its not our fault we aren't a bunch of pussies here in america. im sorry the tires were too loud for that old fart! we cant meet the "high standards" of the mini cooper... ha ha ha
Old 02-24-2008, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

I had to stop watching when he compared the Z06 to herpes. ****. I have driven on Eagle RSA's. Its the tires that make noise. They blow.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Well it does have ONE leaf spring technically. And it's lateral, not longnitudnal.
and I stand corrected

open mouth... insert foot haha

It is a interesting setup and from his review it seems to do well road racing
Old 02-24-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Funniest thing was when he said that a dodge ram weighs slightly more than jupiter.

Everyone has their opinion...mine is that I test drove that Z4M that kept up with the viper and thought it was terrible. Then again I like my american cars and even if it wasnt $60k I wouldnt buy it...I would go buy a C6 vette.