12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have a look at what the brits think of American muscle

Take it with a grain of salt.
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=5
Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man i wish he would take a trip to Texas. I would love to plant my foot in his face. I CAN'T STAND HIM!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He says about 2 minutes in can we make fast cars. It doesnt take us a few hundred thousand dollars to make a fast car. If he hates america so much he doesn't need to ******* come here.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its always about why Europe is better than USA with him. He picks apart all of the American rides, because they arent designed for his euro hills. I like non biased review, and he is not a contributor. Him and his country would be speaking German if it was not for the USA.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richard Hammond (also on that show) loves American Muscle. He owns an old school Shelby GT350, and if I'm not mistaken, the old Challenger is his favorite car.

Clarkson doesn't like American cars much, but whatever. It's still an entertaining show.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Its always funny to see a domestic fans' views on Clarkson. Normally they are so far from reality its not even funny. This thread further proves that point. Clarkson owns a Ford GT that he loves. Hes said it countless times that its better than the F430 Ferrari, and just about any car ever made. Hammond owns a GT350 and I believe one other older domestic car. So where is the domestic hate?

Oh yeah he says negative things about the cars made here. Guess what, a lot of what he says CAN be true. Mustangs ride like crap compared to how decent they handle. The interiors are full of **** *** plastic. But, like they have ALL said after reviewing the domestic made cars, they are a great buy because of the performance for the money, but you can see where the cost has been cut in other places.

Domestic hate? Only if you are a close minded idiot.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Domestic hate? Only if you are a close minded idiot.
Some people's minds are so open all thought has fallen out.

He dumped the GT because it was always breaking down. The ONLY reason he wanted it (and claimed to love it) is because the car that stirred his passion as a boy was the original GT40, which as far as he's concerned is an English car with an American badge. He's also talked about how Ford Europe was involved in sorting out the new GT. That's the only thing that makes it acceptible to him.

When he's forced to conceed that an American car is good, or has good value for money, he grasps at straws to find SOME way to rip it apart. The Z06 is a perfect example. On Top Gear (this video clip in this thread is one of his solo things, not TG) when he drove it (also a silver one), he was beside himself with how good it was. But even then he had to rip on the sat-nav, because he couldn't believe how good it was, let alone for the price. And after, back in the studio, he proceeded to ramble on and on about stupid crap that isn't within the car's design scope.

He does NOT do that on English cars or Italian cars. If he finds the performance good, the whole car is great to him. Even Japanese cars, he ripped on the 350Z only because it was designed in America and had poor performance.

He's very inconsistent on what he attacks, where, when, and even how. He has also contradicted himself time and again (which anyone who actually watched much of his stuff would know).

He's almost as bad with German cars. Particularly Porsche.

It is about hate for him, and it's obvious to anyone with open eyes.

But Top Gear is still a great show though. Far too entertaining to be put off by the flagrant bias.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

So maybe GM will put Expensive interior in the Camaro then everyone can gripe about the expense of the car. Close minded? No, if a car sucks a car sucks. Interior and handling is everything to those people. Unlike Most americans where outside looks and 1/4 mile time dominate. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see he liked about 3 cars on the planet and hates everything else. Its not about my love for "American" cars. I happen to LOVE porsche, i just also happen to hate that guy.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

He makes fun of American cars, but he has owned a few in the past, including a Ford GT.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Launching!

i like how he compares american car to cars that cost comsiderably more like the vette to a ferarri, roush to lotus, hummer to $90000+ land rover, and so on...

Last edited by kevin's_00ss; 02-21-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

HE IS VERY BIASED. He wouldn't compare the zo6 to the lotus because it would have destroyed it.

He said it was because of the ride on the street he wouldn't compare it on the track. Thats horse ****.

The exige if I remember right don't even have carpet on the inside, it was a full race version of the Elise. So there's no way you can tell me there isn't road noise. Which was one of his major complants about the vett.

I like foreign and domestic, I currently own german, japenese and american cars and like each one for the purpose it was built.

This guy has a good show on top gear, but showed his *** on this video.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

That guy makes fun of everybody, and about the only cars he's ever given a good review on were exotics. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

Although I will definetly bust his ***** on mispronuncing Chrylzler, the Zao6, and Camarrrooo
Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Teching In

dudes got some funny jokes
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

haha he said that the C6 he drove before the Z06 had leaf springs

But it is funny when compares to Z06 to Herpies lol even though i dont agree with reasoning. "Its fun getting it but not fun dealing with it on a day to day basis"

Its also funny when he races a mustang against a real mustang(horse). BUT hes a freakin IDIOT and misrepresents his claims. The horse does the course in 38 seconds and the car does it in 40. Now I enjoy a mustang getting beat but he claims its a 4.6 300 horse. and its a ****** v6....that kinda **** pisses me off.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

lmfao, the Z06 is like "Herpes, great fun catching it, not great living with it everyday"

I love the show, sure he doesn't like Amarican cars, but o-well
Old 02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
Richard Hammond (also on that show) loves American Muscle. He owns an old school Shelby GT350, and if I'm not mistaken, the old Challenger is his favorite car.

Clarkson doesn't like American cars much, but whatever. It's still an entertaining show.
Clarkson owns a Ford GT. The second he drove one he had one of his own on order. He rags on american cars because he is playing to an audience. That's what the brits like to hear/see. They still hold a grudge/family rivalry type thing.

Last edited by djsanchez2; 02-21-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

He didnt talk about how the cts-v beat the breaks off the audi with the v-10 that he should have tested the cts agenst the m-5. but like everyone said he dosent like america oh well i dont like the uk rain's all the time the women are ugly (no offence)
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He is so biased, hes a funny guy on top gear but i hate him now. I mean he grew up over there so naturally hes gonna like their cars more than ours but damn hes retarded. Not every american is like what he says we are. Anyone watch the top gear with the Zo6 he had nothing bad to say about it but the navi. system. Now all of a sudden he hates it. Bullshit.

Chris
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1998MysticZ28
Anyone watch the top gear with the Zo6 he had nothing bad to say about it but the navi. system. Now all of a sudden he hates it. Bullshit.
That's only on the film segment. Watch when they cut back to the studio, he rips into it basically in the same way, pulling out a roll of paper he claimed to be a list of things he found wrong with it. But it was just because it was so good at what it was meant to do, and so well priced, AND American, that he couldn't let it stand at that, so he nit-picked it to death, just to try to make it look bad in the end.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Default ***!!!!!!

I guess he didnt want to talk about the notoriously bad wiring from the British. Who the hell cares if your car holds water, I hope mine doesnt that way only the carpet only gets screwed and not the seats and electrical. I wish he would do some straight line racing in America with some of those forign cars so he could have some orphises inlarged by some cheap non water holding LOUD American muscle!