Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Awesome RC Helicopter Skills

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder if this was blown up on film to appear larger than what it is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbITzCI2AU0
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Calstud86
well...i'm my expert opinion:

It's in fast forward! Go read my "about me" section or whatever it's called. I'm a post coordinator for MTV. You dont think i'd know what a scene in fast forward looks like?? "This isn't my first rodeo". Have you seen MTV cribs, or any other "show" we have?? All we do is fast forward shots. With our editing capabilitiies (Avid symphonies), we can do anything!! It's my profession, so it's my PROFESSIONAL opinion.

AND....I've been a camera operator before. There's no way ANYONE could've kept up with his moves. He was an awesome pilot, i'm not taking ANYTHING away from his skills, he's GREAT.....But you, YOU'RE, going to tell me that the laws of gravity wont apply to him?

There's no way he could slam that bird to Earth that fast and pull up with out there being VERY many "G" forces exerted on the chopper.

MAYBE it's made of titanium, maybe carbon fiber...maybe some cool space **** we dont even know about yet...... (think that line with Will Ferrel in old school when he's talking to the shrink w/ his wife, lol)

The biggest thing is the speed was altered....trust me.

So what's YOUR professional opinion.....Doc?
Well then you have to be the worst post coordinator for MTV there ever was. I guess you are the cause of MTV being such a shitty channel to watch these days. Thanks for that Mr. Expert. You are pretty much an idiot then cause it doesn't take a post coordinator for MTV to see that this video is not in fast forward. That is the stupidest thing yet said on this forum about any video. I never said I was an expert, In my opinion it doesn't take one to notice that this video is real and not altered. I think I will take the word of someone who has actually seen the guy in live action.

Man I just posted this video up for people to watch and enjoy. Why do you have to come in here and be such a dick. Why can't you just say cool video. If it is altered so what. Keep it to yourself and let others just enjoy the damn video. Man I can't stand internet ******** like you. Total ******. You have to tear everything apart just cause you don't like it or have a problem with it. So damn negative, in fact you have infected me with your negativity. I am a very positive person and I have been brought down to you sad world. Thanks.

So SHUT UP! And go back to MTV. You Suck. Oh yeah, If I was your boss. I would fire you for posting your very incorrect opinion. YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!! Damn Troll!

O.K. I am calm now. Rant is over. Now check out this helicopter. I'm sure you can't do stunts with it as well as the smaller one I posted, but it is bad ***:

Airwolf R/C Turbine

P.S. I could just see Calstud86 losing a race in his Camaro.

Other Car Guy: Ya I beat you, wheres my money?
CalStud86: Nah, you didn't win. You were in fast forward mode. I am a Post Coordinator for MTV. I know this cause I'm an expert on fast forwarding. Have you ever seen Cribs. Thats all we do is fast forward. So you cheated, you give me my money?
Other Car Guy: WTF?

Last edited by 92Cam; 03-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

WOW... apparently my professional opinion is ****, lol....

Those heli's have a come a LOOONNGGG way since my R/C days (17 or so years ago). I based my opinion in the fact that in the first vid, the cameraman kept up with the copter (at a close distance) The guys taping Szabo, got mixed in the shuffle at times. Thats what i based my original opinion on.

Good **** on those guys flying!! I think the first guy could be better than Szabo.

The first guy slammed the copter to the ground a few times in a row without hitting it, Szabo doesn't look like he tries it AS OFTEN. (Maybe he figures the less chances he takes, the less chance to slam it to the ground?? lol). I'm not bashing anyone, i was just looking at it from a bystanders POV.
But we do have the ability to make our shitty MTV shows move just as fast...... I guess that's all i've got in common with those guy, lol.

Now that i'm "moaded" i'll just run off with my tail between my legs....not paying the "other guy" that i raced, lol.....

My bad fellas!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kokamo
I agree 100%. And yes, I am jealous as hell that I can't do that

Joe

oh...me too!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Teching In

My bad, I souldn't have flown off the handle. Sorry for that. And I don't think MTV is shitty. That was just a shot sorry. I'm just jealous of the people on Cribs lol.

I believe the first video I posted is Alan Szabo as well. The same guy in all the videos. Just look at him in all the videos he looks the same.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

aaahh... gotcha! that's probably why his flying kicks *** too.

Oh, and MTV is shitty....(and I believe my boss is the only guy at MTV to win an Emmy....but it was for The Osbournes) but our fast forward shots are the best in the biz, lol.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Hold on guys, are you sure that wasn't his first time trying to fly an RC Helicopter? Just got lucky that he didn't crash? Looks like my first try. But I crashed it.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Ok I really, really don't like MTV anymore. I'm 33 and back in the day MTV was all music videos all the time. Now your lucky to see one song on there. Then came MTV2 and it was like cool. Videos are back & now even MTV2 is turning into a reality show channel. So then there is VH1. YES!!!! Damnit NO!!!! Now they are becoming reality tv. So I just steal videos off of the internet now and watch them that way lol.

The Osbournes was cool, but it got old listening to Ozzy slur so much. I just wanted to slap him hard enough to make him talk straight. I just can't believe he can sing clear as a whistle, but when he talks forget it.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned

MTV was cool..back in the day, i agree. But then MTV2 came out and it was supposed to be like the old MTV, and play videos......then the channel decided to air old Tv reality shows and aire the new ones that didn't make the cut onto MTV.....oh well.

Thats why the channel is going down the gutter!......there are changes slowly being made, but we'll see in time.......
Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iron Head
Fast forward huh! You need to go to an RC airshow before making that statment. RC jets breaking 300mph all day long.
shh!!!! you mean flying at 200mph.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats sick, i was going to get into them but i figured it was a lot of money for something id prob crash so i bought a $25 one and can wreck it and not break it lol but i still suck at it...i guess ill just stick to the cars..oh and my fuel was $25/gal for it last time i got it lol
Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Teching In

I am going to get into it with my son. He loves helicopters. But before we do, there is a program simulator for the computer that you can learn with. That is what we plan on doing first so we don't crash and burn.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

That was badass, awesome skills. I used to fly nitro powered airplanes. The fuel may be 15 bucks a gallon but its only like 20% nitro. But that gallon lasts quite a while... I think my sport plane had a 6 oz tank on it and it would run 15-20 minutes at full throttle.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Calstud86
looks cool...too bad it's in fast forward.... That copter would fall apart if it actually moved that fast.

And... there's no way the camera op. could've kept up.

But cool, none the leess....
uh shows how much you know about RC helicopters, that is not sped up.

- raptor 90 class
- raptor 60 class
- hawk 30 class
-Titan e325........ Tons of fun
Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by supersickss
- raptor 90 class
- raptor 60 class
- hawk 30 class
-Titan e325........ Tons of fun
HA! HA! He flies a Craptor!!!

Aww man, I'm only kidding. You know the Raptor and Hirobo thing is like Chevy and Ford. All in fun man.

Does Runryder ring a bell?

Joe