Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Awesome RC Helicopter Skills

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Awesome RC Helicopter Skills

Check out how awesome this guy can handle his remote control helicopter. Just bad ***.

TRex 600 Helicopter - Amazing Tricks
Old 03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

WOW thats cool. I would love to have one of those but it would be a waste of money. I can see me slamming it in the ground and picking up a million pieces
Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Launching!

I know nothing about those things, but I dont think everyone can do that?!?!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Definetly not everyone can fly an r/c helicopter like this guy. This probably took quiet some time to learn how to fly like that. If there was a little tiny person in that helicopter they would have died from all of the gforces created by the way he was flying lol .
Old 03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats pretty nuts but i wouldnt want that thing running into me!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Thats cool I would use to drop water ballons on people lol.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice 3d stunts. Good auto at the end. Shame he has such a shitty whirlybird. If he had the one my friend did oh man I would love to see that. [his nitro tank is about the size of the body of this heli, rated for 11 lbs of weight while maintaining acrobatics i think]
Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

enjoyed watching that
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

I used to be into the heli thing. It was alot of fun, I made alot of friends, and learned lot. I could fly, but not that good. If any of you have been in the hobby, you will know Alan Szabo and Curtis Youngblood. Both of which I have met in person and seen them fly.....and they are both bad asses.

On the first post, I belive that is Alan. Here is a vid of Curtis flyin his Fury......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoCmFQtx6o

Be sure to watch his blades hit the dirt around the 30 second mark. At the end there was a crash.....I was there to witness it. He was attmepting an autorotation from way the hell up there and the blades folded up and down she went. It made a hell of a noise when it hit the ground.

Sure, the heli thing is cool, but man it's expensive. Yeah, cars are too, but damn, I could by a whole lot more stuff per dollar when buying car parts. Heck, the fuel it takes to run those damn things cost 15 bucks PER GALLON.

Lotta fun, but pricey when you crash.

Joe
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kokamo
I used to be into the heli thing. It was alot of fun, I made alot of friends, and learned lot. I could fly, but not that good. If any of you have been in the hobby, you will know Alan Szabo and Curtis Youngblood. Both of which I have met in person and seen them fly.....and they are both bad asses.

On the first post, I belive that is Alan. Here is a vid of Curtis flyin his Fury......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoCmFQtx6o

Be sure to watch his blades hit the dirt around the 30 second mark. At the end there was a crash.....I was there to witness it. He was attmepting an autorotation from way the hell up there and the blades folded up and down she went. It made a hell of a noise when it hit the ground.

Sure, the heli thing is cool, but man it's expensive. Yeah, cars are too, but damn, I could by a whole lot more stuff per dollar when buying car parts. Heck, the fuel it takes to run those damn things cost 15 bucks PER GALLON.

Lotta fun, but pricey when you crash.

Joe
Just for reference auto racing nitrometh is 22 a gal
Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check out Just Chi. He is 4 years old...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIqS...&highlight=kid

I just got into this sport here a couple months ago. Pretty freakin fun
Old 03-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Nice 3d stunts. Good auto at the end. Shame he has such a shitty whirlybird. If he had the one my friend did oh man I would love to see that. [his nitro tank is about the size of the body of this heli, rated for 11 lbs of weight while maintaining acrobatics i think]
I believe all he is doing is testing a new motor for maybe the company. I am sure he has better Helicopters than this one. Just testing it out. That is what the title said.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fly the planes here and have had some stick time on a few jets, but the heli's are very challenging to fly.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned

looks cool...too bad it's in fast forward.... That copter would fall apart if it actually moved that fast.

And... there's no way the camera op. could've kept up.

But cool, none the leess....
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Calstud86
looks cool...too bad it's in fast forward.... That copter would fall apart if it actually moved that fast.

And... there's no way the camera op. could've kept up.

But cool, none the leess....
What makes you think its in fast forward. The fact that you couldn't do it if you tried, jealousy of some sort for whatever wierd reason you have or you are just a negative person and think everything is impossible? Which one? Please, I would like to know your expert opinion on this Helicopter matter since you seem to know.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

well...i'm my expert opinion:

It's in fast forward! Go read my "about me" section or whatever it's called. I'm a post coordinator for MTV. You dont think i'd know what a scene in fast forward looks like?? "This isn't my first rodeo". Have you seen MTV cribs, or any other "show" we have?? All we do is fast forward shots. With our editing capabilitiies (Avid symphonies), we can do anything!! It's my profession, so it's my PROFESSIONAL opinion.

AND....I've been a camera operator before. There's no way ANYONE could've kept up with his moves. He was an awesome pilot, i'm not taking ANYTHING away from his skills, he's GREAT.....But you, YOU'RE, going to tell me that the laws of gravity wont apply to him?

There's no way he could slam that bird to Earth that fast and pull up with out there being VERY many "G" forces exerted on the chopper.

MAYBE it's made of titanium, maybe carbon fiber...maybe some cool space **** we dont even know about yet...... (think that line with Will Ferrel in old school when he's talking to the shrink w/ his wife, lol)

The biggest thing is the speed was altered....trust me.

So what's YOUR professional opinion.....Doc?

Last edited by Calstud86; 03-04-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 92Cam
What makes you think its in fast forward. The fact that you couldn't do it if you tried, jealousy of some sort for whatever wierd reason you have or you are just a negative person and think everything is impossible? Which one? Please, I would like to know your expert opinion on this Helicopter matter since you seem to know.
I agree 100%. And yes, I am jealous as hell that I can't do that

Joe
Old 03-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Staging Lane

well...i'm my expert opinion:

It's in fast forward! Go read my "about me" section or whatever it's called. I'm a post coordinator for MTV. You dont think i'd know what a scene in fast forward looks like?? "This isn't my first rodeo". Have you seen MTV cribs, or any other "show" we have?? All we do is fast forward shots. With our editing capabilitiies (Avid symphonies), we can do anything!! It's my profession, so it's my PROFESSIONAL opinion.

AND....I've been a camera operator before. There's no way ANYONE could've kept up with his moves. He was an awesome pilot, i'm not taking ANYTHING away from his skills, he's GREAT.....But you, YOU'RE, going to tell me that the laws of gravity wont apply to him?

There's no way he could slam that bird to Earth that fast and pull up with out there being VERY many "G" forces exerted on the chopper.

MAYBE it's made of titanium, maybe carbon fiber...maybe some cool space **** we dont even know about yet...... (think that line with Will Ferrel in old school when he's talking to the shrink w/ his wife, lol)

The biggest thing is the speed was altered....trust me.

I'm usually not the one to argue, and I will do my research before I ever do to make certain that my opinion is in FACT correct. I will say no matter how long you have been in your profession or how many MTV skitz you have done, you are incorrect. The video IS NOT in fast forward. I have seen this in person and on a much MUCH faster flight. In my opinion, this one particular flight is somewhat slow. If you ever see Alan Szabo fly IN PERSON, you will change your mind in the first 10 seconds of the flight.

With a quick search, I found a few.....not the fastest flight, but a few damn good moves. The moves you see are called 3D flight. 3D means a kind of flying that is not possible to a real full size heli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrfF...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfrF...eature=related

Oh, and yea, it is made of carbon fiber, plastic, fiberglas, titanium, and alluminum.

So what's YOUR professional opinion.....Doc?
That was my professional opinion......and your welcome.

Joe
Old 03-04-2008, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fast forward huh! You need to go to an RC airshow before making that statment. RC jets breaking 300mph all day long.