Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GTR-R35 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say the GTR does the ring again. Production trim, full length. let them have their flying start. then lets see what happens.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Launching!

man i swear i think a stock ls3 is quicker im willin to bet on it
Old 07-18-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
In a way I will agree. However, I think that once more of these hit the streets we will see that its more of a drivers race than that misleading video says. A friend of mine and I were talking about this. He brought up the fact that the GTR was 7mph faster on the straight at the 'Ring than the Zr1 was. I do not have proof of that but he isn't in a position to need to lie. If that's the case I just don't see a stock Z06 pulling a GTR like that, especially from a dig.
The only way i can see it being a drivers race is if the Z06 driver shifts quick, doesn't miss any gears, and comes off the line without spinning to much. The gtr is AWD, with a dual clutch transmission it shouldn't be that hard to launch. Though i think the launch control will make it seem slower until their owners get a hang of it. Also i think the Z06 has a higher trap speed in the quarter compared to the gtr. And remember the AWD helps the car keep a higher speed in a turn, were something like the ZR1 with tons of power and RWD will lose it quick. So just because it did 7mph faster on a straight on a course, doesn't mean its faster in a straight line. Don't forget either the ZR1 is capable of 205mph
-Joel
Old 07-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 04gtoBMXracer
yes it did but not in stock form, it had road racing slicks and other upgrades...
+rolling start.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
The only way i can see it being a drivers race is if the Z06 driver shifts quick, doesn't miss any gears, and comes off the line without spinning to much. The gtr is AWD, with a dual clutch transmission it shouldn't be that hard to launch. Though i think the launch control will make it seem slower until their owners get a hang of it. Also i think the Z06 has a higher trap speed in the quarter compared to the gtr. And remember the AWD helps the car keep a higher speed in a turn, were something like the ZR1 with tons of power and RWD will lose it quick. So just because it did 7mph faster on a straight on a course, doesn't mean its faster in a straight line. Don't forget either the ZR1 is capable of 205mph
-Joel
You just kind of made my point in a round about way. The video above shows the race to be completely one sided even from a dig. I can see the Z06 pulling SOME from a roll, but not just absolutely destroying the GTR like that video shows. And from a dig, I just don't see how the Z06 rolled out like that on an AWD car.

I brought up the point of AWD helping the exit speeds (and therefore higher straightaway speeds) but neither of us knew enough to go past that.

And to the others, if you honestly believe that the Z06 was completely stock, then you are just like the sheeple that think imports are automatically better. Keep clinging to you conspiracy theories.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Once again .. Z06 FTMW!!!!

congrats to GM fan muwahaaha

Nice video buddy .. i like it
Old 07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

You just kind of made my point in a round about way. The video above shows the race to be completely one sided even from a dig. I can see the Z06 pulling SOME from a roll, but not just absolutely destroying the GTR like that video shows. And from a dig, I just don't see how the Z06 rolled out like that on an AWD car.

I brought up the point of AWD helping the exit speeds (and therefore higher straightaway speeds) but neither of us knew enough to go past that.

And to the others, if you honestly believe that the Z06 was completely stock, then you are just like the sheeple that think imports are automatically better. Keep clinging to you conspiracy theories.
Conspiracy Theories? Its common sense that the z06 pulled the way it did. I hate to be a magazine racer but here are the numbers from the latest c/d-

z06 does 0-60 in 3.8, 0-100 8.3, 0-150 17.9, and 1/4 mile in 11.9 @124
gtr does 0-60 in 4.1, 0-100 10.2, 0-150 26.6, and 1/4 mile in 12.6@111.

Look at the numbers, it completely backs up why the gtr gets demolished after 1st gear. The pos is 2 seconds slower to 100 and almost 9 seconds slower to 150. The gtr is geared much lower than the z06, which is why it runs out of breath up top. Thats the only reason the little piggy can squeek past the z06 on lower speed tracks.

And to say this one more time, the gtr's 7:29 is BULLSHIT. No one believes it but the nippon fanboys. Unless the car was not production weight, producing the produciton 480hp at the crank, there is no fkin way. Also, there is no way a us production spec gtr pulled 7 mph faster than a zr1 on that straight.

7:38 I can believe.

Gtr fanboys are gonna have learn to admit that 'godzilla' aint all they cracked it up to be, reality sucks. It might do the littlest better than the z06 in the turns, but anywhere else, its toast.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

I don't know whats hard to believe that the Z06 was Bone stock, I know that car, I saw the car It's completely Stock, So if you think it's not stock then that's your problem BTW both cars are owned by the same person, SO don't ever think that there is something secret or any conspiracy... He's a very good driver, He used to drive 800-900RWHP supra's & alot more fast cars so it's not going to be hard for him to drive a 440-460RWHP car, isn't it?... The GTR got beat from all speeds & from a dig (Z06 jumped first but the outcome won't be different if they hit it at the same time, the Z06 is gonna yank the GTR after the 2nd gear) The video proves that the Z06 is faster & the most car magazines proves that the Z06 is faster in straight line, So get over it ...

Thanks all for passing by....

Last edited by SS 4 ever; 07-19-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS 4 ever
I don't know whats hard to believe that the Z06 was Bone stock, I know that car, I saw the car It's completely Stock, So if you think it's not stock then that's your problem BTW both cars are owned by the same person, SO don't ever think that there is something secret or any conspiracy... He's a very good driver, He used to drive 800-900RWHP supra's & alot more fast cars so it's not going to be hard for him to drive a 440-460RWHP car, isn't it?... The GTR got beat from all speeds & from a dig (Z06 jumped first but the outcome won't be different if they hit it at the same time, the Z06 is gonna yank the GTR after the 2nd gear) The video proves that the Z06 is faster & the most car magazines proves that the Z06 is faster in straight line, So get over it ...

Thanks all for passing by....
I think that you need to inform everyone that the GTR was infact governed! This plays to the illusion that the Z06 was constantly pulling away at high speeds, while the GTR was bouncing off at 111mph. Furthermore, the LCS(launch control system) was not enabled during the dead stop races.

I think anyone can agree that the Z06 is a monster from 0-150, but you are leaving out details regarding the race.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by beerwhiskeyjoe
Conspiracy Theories? Its common sense that the z06 pulled the way it did. I hate to be a magazine racer but here are the numbers from the latest c/d-

z06 does 0-60 in 3.8, 0-100 8.3, 0-150 17.9, and 1/4 mile in 11.9 @124
gtr does 0-60 in 4.1, 0-100 10.2, 0-150 26.6, and 1/4 mile in 12.6@111.

Look at the numbers, it completely backs up why the gtr gets demolished after 1st gear. The pos is 2 seconds slower to 100 and almost 9 seconds slower to 150. The gtr is geared much lower than the z06, which is why it runs out of breath up top. Thats the only reason the little piggy can squeek past the z06 on lower speed tracks.

And to say this one more time, the gtr's 7:29 is BULLSHIT. No one believes it but the nippon fanboys. Unless the car was not production weight, producing the produciton 480hp at the crank, there is no fkin way. Also, there is no way a us production spec gtr pulled 7 mph faster than a zr1 on that straight.

7:38 I can believe.

Gtr fanboys are gonna have learn to admit that 'godzilla' aint all they cracked it up to be, reality sucks. It might do the littlest better than the z06 in the turns, but anywhere else, its toast.
You are qouting the lowest time ever recorded by a magazine. Did you also include that both Porsche and GTR recorded low traps(-10mph) difference than normal? In addition to this, why not post the the 91 octane that was used for both "Turbo" cars causing the ecu to retard timing and go into limp mode. BTW, did not the GTR come in 1st?
Old 07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol @ this thread
you are a bunch of ricers who gives a ****
Old 07-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
lol @ this thread
you are a bunch of ricers who gives a ****
+1...
Old 07-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Raheem
I think that you need to inform everyone that the GTR was infact governed! This plays to the illusion that the Z06 was constantly pulling away at high speeds, while the GTR was bouncing off at 111mph. Furthermore, the LCS(launch control system) was not enabled during the dead stop races.

I think anyone can agree that the Z06 is a monster from 0-150, but you are leaving out details regarding the race.
Really? Explain how if it is goverened it can go and do a 150 roll?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

You are qouting the lowest time ever recorded by a magazine. Did you also include that both Porsche and GTR recorded low traps(-10mph) difference than normal? In addition to this, why not post the the 91 octane that was used for both "Turbo" cars causing the ecu to retard timing and go into limp mode. BTW, did not the GTR come in 1st?
BILLSHIT!!!!! Go look at the ******* video I posted in the other fanboy thread. A GTR on a DYNO in Cali with 91 octane.

Total CROCK of ****!@!!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

Sheeple? Why would a guy go and pay 70K for a new GTR and race it against his non stock Z06, put it on the internet? I see, to show what a waste of money that car was? Talk about sheeple. He owns both cars and they are stock. Go over to the Vette forum and ask him.

Sheeple....So we are to believe that a car that is 700lbs heavier and has less HP/TQ than the Z can somehow outrun it on a road course. BUT.... a car that weighs 700lbs less with more HP/TQ than the GTR can't out run in a straight line?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

I think that you need to inform everyone that the GTR was infact governed! This plays to the illusion that the Z06 was constantly pulling away at high speeds, while the GTR was bouncing off at 111mph. Furthermore, the LCS(launch control system) was not enabled during the dead stop races..
How did you know that the GTR was governed ? Were you there? Were you driving the GTR? Let me tell you that the GTR was running 100% perfect, With 95-97 octane fuel, I don't really know if he used the LCS but whatever, the GTR was going to get yanked & beat again after the 2nd gear with the LCS on ...

What details that I'm leaving out? I don't own both cars or drive them, SO I don't give a **** for both cars & I don't really care Who wins or losses, But I'm here to share a video of two great cars going at it to enjoy, Not to make excuses As I mentioned before there is nothing to hide or keep secret & there was no conspiracy, You can go to youtube.com & check out the same user account (Oman911turbo) there are many videos of Z06's getting beat by porsche's in his account...

Be cool, It's all in fun
Thanks all...

Last edited by SS 4 ever; 07-19-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chavez885
You would think with having so much money they could afford a descent camera, guess not.
Haha that is the first thing I said.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Z06 > GTR
Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro_94

Z06 > GTR
+1
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here ya go boys.....have some fun with this thread. note how quickly it turned to **** when i so boldly claimed that i would "****" on a GTR with my T/A. you'd think i killed someone....for your reading pleasure: feel free to sign up and post away...but be nice..

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=59718

i did post this vid in there last nite and got the usual response..."twisties" yadda yadda yadda.

EDIT: i posted this after reading the first 3 pages...didnt see all the drama unfolding on oage 4..lol.

so now the excuse is that the GT-R was governed to 111mph and on 91 oct fuel??? are ya ****** kidding me?? ...this gets better and better everyday.

Last edited by TNTramair; 07-19-2008 at 05:29 PM.