Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of this person (crandall mmckee)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Beware of this person (crandall mmckee)

Crandall McKee of Huntsville AL and his shade tree mechanic of 910 Janet St of Albertville Al, these two posted this engine puts down 437rwhp and wanted $2500 for it. So i made the trip to Albertville Al to pick up the engine and when i got there Crandall and his so so mechanic stood there and told me there was no problems with the engine and how they stake the reputation on it! Well when i got the engine to my mechanic he said I hope you dont have plans to put this in a car because the crank is no good. So I called Crandall to see what the deal was and he said let me call my mechanic, several days later and several phone calls later i hear nothing from him. He is such a cheat he wont even answer the phone. Since my car is taking up space up in my mechanics shop and i cant get Crandall to answer my calls i had to take the engine to a machine shop where i found out the only parts to this engine that are any good is the intake and the heads with some work. The crank had 1/8 groove all the way around it, the pistons had so much oil on top i was surprised that there was oil in the pan and the intake had so much oil in it that none of the pcv tubing could be reused. Well to sum it up if you have dealings with either one of these two you are warned! that 910 address is suppose to be a performance shop but i wouldnt take my lawnmower to him! I also have filed a claim against him so i hope the judge sees the Bulls***! he did.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Seeing as Crandall deleted his post where he sold the engine. I will post here, he cant delete this one. We printed the other post, so we have a record of it.

This engine was sold for $2500 and was advertised in good running condition, "ready to install and run" With low mileage, no problems. Install and go. Was advertised to have a 236/238 cam. Ported heads, LS6 intake. All with low mileage, heads were advertised as 5000 miles on them. Heads were ported in 2003 by the head stampings.

This engine had major damage, here is what we have found so far:

Crank thrust bearing in very bad shape, crank actually touching maincap.

Pan full of metal

Main bearings impregnated with metal

Heads warped

Valve seats in heads in VERY bad shape

Engine was using ALOT of oil, intake was full of oil as were the PCV hoses, intake runners in heads caked with oil.

Timing chain worn out

Cam was ACTUALLY a 219/221@.050 instead of what he advertised(236/238), was supposed to be low miles but shows a good bit of wear.

Me and a buddy of mine are helping the purchaser of this engine to get him up and running, it was going in a 2000 Vette. The Vette is on a rack in a repair shop waiting on the motor. Which was supposed to be just a swapout. Now the shop has a rack tied up waiting on it.

We took the original Vette's engine, tore it down and freshened the shortblock(Vat, hone, new bearings and rings). Had the heads repaired(valvejob, seals, re surface), cleaned the intake and are about to re-assemble.

Here are a few pics I have, a buddy will post the rest of the pics.

THRUST BEARING
[IMG][/IMG]

CRANK THRUST BEARING SURFACE
[IMG][/IMG]

MAIN BEARING, IMPREGNATED WITH METAL
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the username he posted the fs thread under?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gearhed
what is the username he posted the fs thread under?
"cran"

Quick Reply: Beware of this person (crandall mmckee)