Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I have said over and over, I never pay the extra money to put insurance on anything. If the buyer wants the extra insurance, the the buyer should say so! I am not responsible for your assumtions! If you wanted insurance, you should of spoke up and said something about it! That is it. Like I have said previously before as well, If you get me a tranny, I would be more than happy to refund your money. If you would of opened your mouth and said "hey, I need to make sure there is insurance on this, i am willing to pay the extra amount for it". Then we would not be in this situatiuon. I shipped the tranny to you, under YOUR terms! UPS lost it, not me! Why is it my fault that you did not protect yourself??? I did what I was supposed to do! I shipped the product!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

Here is another thing as well. All the guys on here saying I should of put insurance on it, where do's it state that if the buyer is purchasing a item, that the seller HAS to put insurance on sold item's?? It dosn't, it is a OPTION!!
And if the buyer wants to make sure said items are protected, then the BUYER should make sure it has INSURANCE on said item to be protected!
Just like anything I buy of value, It is my responsibilty to make sure it is
INSURED, if I want it protected!! I don't rely on the seller for this.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chi3f
I didn't ask you to swap out the container, you did that on your own. I have the messages which i just read over. you said YOU didn't like how they shipped it so YOU went and got another container. That was nice of you i agree. The shipping container has nothing to do with what is going on. it still doesn't change the fact that the transmission never made it here which paypal says you are liable for. Like i said previously UPS says i'm a 3rd party and it is your responsibility. You made the contract with them.

As far as making an assumption you are correct. I did assume you would put insurance on the transmission. You assumed i didn't want it. Again, that doesn't change the fact that there is no transmission. I didn't know there was no insurance on it so how did i take a chance by not putting it on, you took the chance, or we wouldn't be at this point. How many times do you need to repeat the same thing? How many times do i?

PAYPAL SAYS YOUR LIABLE FOR THE AMOUNT I PAID FOR THE TRANSMISSION. what more needs to be said?

Paypal makes there own rule's. They are just a go-between. You said you didn't know there was no insurance on it, it is obvious you didn't care to find out either.This argument can go on forever, I hate this happened, but it did. If I had a tranny in my possesion, I would be more than happy to give you your money back,but I shipped it to you on your terms, and it got lost!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All that matters is when its said and done, Paypal is gonna tax Hunter's bank account for said amount in question.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I've been on both sides of this (not this much $$$$) so I can understand both arguements. Both times I ate it. One time was a $350 intake that I shipped and didn't insure it. The buyer blamed me for not insuring it. The other time I bought some stuff off ebay that didn't get insured. The ups guy left it at the wrong house and I was out. The seller blamed me for not paying for insurance. It sucks that no one is to blame. I'd like to know how the hell ups losing a freaking tranny though. As a seller now I do ask if they want insurance to help avoid these. It's amazing though how many times a buyer makes me the seller pay shipping and then bitches when I ship it the cheapest way. We can all learn alot from this situation and use better communications in the future. I wouldn't be too shocked if the tranny doesn't show up though. I had a cam show up weeks after it was lost one time by fed x.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let me give you guys my .02..

i used to work as a package handler at one of these places, and i can tell you, heavy stuff like transmissions are special items that cannot be processed normally, they are special items that are carted around to go into the trucks.

depending on how it was packaged, it is very easy for the transmission to have busted the packaging, or leaked oil onto the package slip by it not being loaded correctly.

it is most likely either sitting at a ups facility somewhere, or sitting on an empty truck because it was too heavy and never unloaded.

i would take a look at the tracking information (if provided) and call all of the places the transmission went through, they should have information, and im sure they might be able to find it.

now with that being said, if i were to purchase an almost $2500 transmission i would make damn sure to tell the seller to get insurance in case anything happened.

personally i believe both the buyer and seller are to blame, the seller should have asked the buyer if he would like the insurance to cover his ***, but at the same time the seller should have asked for insurance when buying a $2500 part that weighs a ton and can be easily dropped or broken.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Teching In

If the buyer didn't request shipping insurance then thats his fault, sorry your out 2k but next time you should make sure you request it.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by slvr98camaro
let me give you guys my .02..

i used to work as a package handler at one of these places, and i can tell you, heavy stuff like transmissions are special items that cannot be processed normally, they are special items that are carted around to go into the trucks.

depending on how it was packaged, it is very easy for the transmission to have busted the packaging, or leaked oil onto the package slip by it not being loaded correctly.

it is most likely either sitting at a ups facility somewhere, or sitting on an empty truck because it was too heavy and never unloaded.

i would take a look at the tracking information (if provided) and call all of the places the transmission went through, they should have information, and im sure they might be able to find it.

now with that being said, if i were to purchase an almost $2500 transmission i would make damn sure to tell the seller to get insurance in case anything happened.

personally i believe both the buyer and seller are to blame, the seller should have asked the buyer if he would like the insurance to cover his ***, but at the same time the seller should have asked for insurance when buying a $2500 part that weighs a ton and can be easily dropped or broken.
This is a great idea! I will try and call UPS tommorrow. The tranny was actually shipped in a factory GM Black Transmission Container, and was screwed down with about 15 screws all the way around it!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
This is a great idea! I will try and call UPS tommorrow. The tranny was actually shipped in a factory GM Black Transmission Container, and was screwed down with about 15 screws all the way around it!
yup, its easy for the tracking sticker to get scraped off and lost, and they just have a package sitting there not knowing what to do with it.

try and speak with quality control/quality assurance person, they will be more helpful..and dont yell at them or they will screw you
Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Here is another thing as well. All the guys on here saying I should of put insurance on it, where do's it state that if the buyer is purchasing a item, that the seller HAS to put insurance on sold item's?? It dosn't, it is a OPTION!!
And if the buyer wants to make sure said items are protected, then the BUYER should make sure it has INSURANCE on said item to be protected!
Just like anything I buy of value, It is my responsibilty to make sure it is
INSURED, if I want it protected!! I don't rely on the seller for this.
This argument can go on forever because you are still not catching on. The insurance is so the shipper can get the money back. Again why do you think if they find the tranny you are getting it back not me? why do you think they sent you the check for what they did cover? If you insured it they again would have sent you the money not me. the insurance isn't to cover my *** but yours.

Don't worry for an amount this big paypal has assured me that it will go through a bill collector if it has to go that far. The contract you have with me is through paypal so paypal making its own rules are what you agreed to when you signed up for it. Read the user agreement you agreed to. They are just a "go-between" for this very reason. PROTECTION

Everybody can have their own opinion about this but again this is not that complex. BUYER DOESN'T RECEIVE, BUYER DOESN'T PAY. That is paypal's stance on the matter, and that is the "opinion" that controls the money.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slvr98camaro
yup, its easy for the tracking sticker to get scraped off and lost, and they just have a package sitting there not knowing what to do with it.

try and speak with quality control/quality assurance person, they will be more helpful..and dont yell at them or they will screw you
This item shipped February 11 and got lost the same day. Showing it is in a ups warehouse in Georgia. They have done their trace and internal investigation, now chris don't pretend like this is news to you. I had to call you to get them to do it because again... i am not the shipper and that is who they have to go through. They have even come here to make sure it didn't magically appear after a month of waiting. You have known about it for almost 2 months all the while it has been my problem until paypal told you different.

If this is what it takes for you to actually attempt to find it then great...
Old 03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redrumracer
If the buyer didn't request shipping insurance then thats his fault, sorry your out 2k but next time you should make sure you request it.
I find it hard to believe you have been a member since 2007 but for your 6th post ever you decide to come out of the wood work and talk about something you know nothing about.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Just for the record, this isn't an uncommon thing for ups. I've had it happen a BUNCH of times with transmissions (oddly enough). I've learned to ALWAYS insure anything I ship with UPS, because nearly every item that I've ever shipped with them, has either been lost, or damaged.

Hope you guys sort this out!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chi3f
Alright, I bought a stage 3 tickshift t56 from hunter02ss,

Messages from me February 3rd 2009

Hey Matt,
I have decided to go a different route and I will not be needing a core tranny. If you will pay the shipping on the tranny I will sell it to you for the 2300+ shipping.
If you use PayPal, I will eat the PayPal fee as well.
LMK!, Chris

i'm not trying to be a pain but there is no way you will do 2300 shipped? with paypal of course.

Pay the 3% paypal fee's and it's a done deal.
Total would be $2369.00

Total price: $2369.00 on February 3rd 2009. I was very happy I finally found a built transmission to get my car one step closer to ready for summer. Well it shipped out 2/11/2009 and through ups and that was that. Last day it was reported by ups. Called UPS, they can’t find it after a couple weeks. They tell me they are sending a check to the shipper since I was the receiver and couldn’t tell me anymore about it. So I told chris (hunter02ss) that UPS told me they were sending him a check. He said it was the first he had heard of a check and that they told him they were still looking for it. I talked to them again a few days later and they closed the case and said again that the seller would be getting a check. Again they wouldn’t tell me anything more. So I waited for Chris to receive a check until march 5th. I put in a claim to paypal because you only have so many days to file a claim.

Claim:

3/5/2009 10:35 PST - Buyer: I know the transmission getting lost wasn't your fault but i am running out of time to file a claim with paypal. UPS says they have issued payment to you but won't go into further detail. Sorry for the trouble.

Well then I get his comment back through paypal:

3/6/2009 09:48 PST - Seller: The buyer did not purchase insurance for this item that was sold him. The item was shipped UPS and a shipping label was processed thru PayPal. The item shipped and got lost by UPS. This is not my fault and I should not have to refund the customer his money. UPS is supposed to send me a check for the shipping charge,s since there was no insurance,and that's it. I am out the product and if the buyer recieves his money back, I am out the money as well!

As you can probably guess reading that after thinking my money was coming back to me was quite a shock. At no point did he tell me the check was just for shipping charges. He just let me believe the money was coming back.

Finally the paypal process is over. They went in my favor and I got back 480.65. He still has 1888.35 of my money. He claims somehow he is out the tranny and $480 that paypal returned and it is my fault there is no insurance on it. When in reality he got money back from shipping it, he got my money, and he sold me the transmission I never got. Since HE never put insurance on it.
This statement in bold print say's it all. Never anywhere in this statement did I say insurance was included! Since the fact you know you screwed up and did not purchase insurance, you are HIDING behind PAYPAL to get your money back!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

This statement in bold print say's it all. Never anywhere in this statement did I say insurance was included! Since the fact you know you screwed up and did not purchase insurance, you are HIDING behind PAYPAL to get your money back!
excuse hunter guys..he has no common sense, he probably didnt even put the tranny in a box since it was it's not mentioned anywhere....i mean who the hell includes a box in the shipping charges right!? I bought and sold 100s of items and i never asked anyone if they would like to purchase insurnace...i always assumed it was part of the deal.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Smacked_in_ATL
All that matters is when its said and done, Paypal is gonna tax Hunter's bank account for said amount in question.
Originally Posted by LT1UltraZ
excuse hunter guys..he has no common sense, he probably didnt even put the tranny in a box since it was it's not mentioned anywhere....i mean who the hell includes a box in the shipping charges right!? I bought and sold 100s of items and i never asked anyone if they would like to purchase insurnace...i always assumed it was part of the deal.
**Edit Admin: KEEP THE NAME CALLING TO YOUR SELVES***

Chi3F, Hunter I work for UPS at their Data Center. The CEO Scott Davis has stated customer satisfaction & the elimination of Churn. I think this can be resolved by UPS by either a full refund or finding the package. Again, I'll do my best to see who I can contact to have a solution that satisfies both of you. I'll let you both know what I can do first thing next week.

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 03-28-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
**EDIT ADMIN: KEEP THE NAME CALLING TO YOUR SELVES***_in_ATL

someone is little butthurt arent we?

Last edited by NA$TY-TA; 03-28-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:49 AM
12 Second Club

To the OP, let me see who I can contact. If this is UPS fault, I know they want to make sure their customers are satisfied.

Last edited by METALBEAST; 03-30-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Someone is a total dicksucking douchebag follower aren't they. You & Bstones still **** off Willie Wonka kicked you out of the Ompa Loopa gang for being too small?

To the OP, let me see who I can contact. This is UPS fault & I know they want to make sure their customers are satisfied.
dude grow the **** up and leave your gay comments for somewhere else (hint MCE)..if you have a problem with me feel free to PM me mmmkay?

I work for UPS as well and it's not UPS fault that hunter has a common sense of a 5 year old. I bet he didnt even box the tranny properly. i hope the claim gets denied and he has to pay out of pocket, hell he pays for everything else since he cant get **** done himself.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

You came in here because that ******** you call god put you up to it to stir **** up . ******* troll.

Nice to see what regard you have for the company you work for that you won't even BOTH to lend a hand. Douche.

Like I said Let me see who I can contact. This type of negative publicity to UPS is something they don't take lightly. Again I will do what I can. PM me if you have any questions.

Umm you are going to try to make a company that pays your salery, pay for a phony claim they are not responsible for?! Is it their fault Hunter can't box an item properly for shipping? Is it UPSs fault that Hunter did not insure the item? Are sure you and Hunter arent related?

Quick Reply: HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED