Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do either of you brown guys know how UPS handles FOB?

"FOB shipping point" or "FOB origin" indicates the buyer pays shipping cost, and takes responsibility for the goods when the goods leave the seller's premises. "FOB destination" designates the seller will pay shipping costs, and remain responsible for the goods until the buyer takes possession.

Or is FOB worked out between the buyer and seller and has nothing to do with the actual shipper? If the buyer is paying shipping costs, he/she should be able to use whatever shipper he/she wants because they are paying for it and the seller never deals with the shipper other than handing over the product. i/e the buyer contacts shipper and has a pick up scheduled, handles all costs, including insurance.

The more I think about it, the more I think FOB is between the buyer and the seller and the shipper is just the middle man.

From what I have seen in this case it would appear to be FOB destination, since the buyer didn't set up the shipping, the seller would be responsible for the goods until they are signed for by the buyer.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1UltraZ
excuse hunter guys..he has no common sense, he probably didnt even put the tranny in a box since it was it's not mentioned anywhere....i mean who the hell includes a box in the shipping charges right!? I bought and sold 100s of items and i never asked anyone if they would like to purchase insurnace...i always assumed it was part of the deal.
That is the problem! You assumed as he did. Insurance is a OPTION for the buyer and seller.I opted out and so did the buyer. Like I said before, Show me where the Seller HAS TO BUY INSURANCE on a item for the BUYER!! The buyer didn't pay for it so it wasn't purchased! You guys can rant on, I am done with this! I am not liable for the BUYERS NEGLEGEANCE!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:19 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA
Do either of you brown guys know how UPS handles FOB?

"FOB shipping point" or "FOB origin" indicates the buyer pays shipping cost, and takes responsibility for the goods when the goods leave the seller's premises. "FOB destination" designates the seller will pay shipping costs, and remain responsible for the goods until the buyer takes possession.

Or is FOB worked out between the buyer and seller and has nothing to do with the actual shipper? If the buyer is paying shipping costs, he/she should be able to use whatever shipper he/she wants because they are paying for it and the seller never deals with the shipper other than handing over the product. i/e the buyer contacts shipper and has a pick up scheduled, handles all costs, including insurance.

The more I think about it, the more I think FOB is between the buyer and the seller and the shipper is just the middle man.

From what I have seen in this case it would appear to be FOB destination, since the buyer didn't set up the shipping, the seller would be responsible for the goods until they are signed for by the buyer.

This is fine, but it is up to the buyer to purchas insurance if the buyer wants to be protected!The buyer buys insurance, then I would of applied it! The buyer paid me for the item and shipping. No insurance and I am not coming out of pocket to cover the buyer when the buyer dosn't want to cover himself!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA

that's exactly how it works..it is seller's responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer. If the item is damaged or lost in transit, it is not buyers responsibilty to try to recover the item/money, but the sellers. When hunter didnt purchase the inusrance on the item he was shipping, he screwed himself, as the insurance is really for him if the items gets lost or damaged. Thats how i always understood it.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

Umm you are going to try to make a company that pays your salery, pay for a phony claim they are not responsible for?! Is it their fault Hunter can't box an item properly for shipping? Is it UPSs fault that Hunter did not insure the item? Are sure you and Hunter arent related?
Your not very bright are you? What do you do sweep the floors at at hub?

UPS lost the package. Regardless if insurance was put on it or not, its UPS that screwed up. Word like this spreads around. People loose trust in UPS, thus they don't ship with them anymore. Its called churn dumbshit. At the last management conference Scot CLEARLY stated this was something we COULD not afford to have. LS1tech is a BIG website that gets a lot of traffic. I'd rather see UPS pay a measely $2400 than loose hundreds of repeat customers due to bad publicity.

Less business = less revenue= smaller dividend payout = smaller MIP = less stock I get at the end of the year = less salary for me. I know those concepts are hard for a pee brain like you to understand but that is how it goes. I don't think its a phony claim. Its a mistake that can be rectified. Most UPSers would rather see their company being portrayed in a good way.

You're the biggest follower I have ever seen. The biggest ******** in the western hemisphere starts his routine bullshit & your just too eager to stroke his dong by helping him out. Chris has never had the reputation of being a scammer. This is a screw up by the shipping company that is a rare & unexpected.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
9 Second Club

that's exactly how it works..it is seller's responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer. If the item is damaged or lost in transit, it is not buyers responsibilty to try to recover the item/money, but the sellers. When hunter didnt purchase the inusrance on the item he was shipping, he screwed himself, as the insurance is really for him if the items gets lost or damaged. Thats how i always understood it.
Insurance is to protect the buyer ! You pay for a item, you want to make sure it is protected, The BUYER pays insurance for it! Anyways, enjoy this, i am done with it! I did exactly what I was paid to do!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Sadly, I agree with the buyer and fully believe Hunter02SS has royally screwed the buyer in this situation.

I would hate to be out 2300, and hope that Hunter02SS comes to his senses and refunds you the money. If Hunter was in your situation he would be throwing a old man cry baby FIT. You can believe that.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

I've learned that you never argue with an idiot. They never use logic.

Its pointless to try to get your point across to this guy. No matter what you say or do will get him to budge.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ineedashortblock
Sadly, I agree with the buyer and fully believe Hunter02SS has royally screwed the buyer in this situation.

I would hate to be out 2300, and hope that Hunter02SS comes to his senses and refunds you the money. If Hunter was in your situation he would be throwing a old man cry baby FIT. You can believe that.
Quit trying to stir **** up. You are the biggest loser in the world I swear. You're just jealous that Chris's car is faster than that hunk of junk salvaged camaro you own. Get over it.

To the OP. I got your PM. I'll call around to the Doraville hub on Monday. It looks like it never left the hub. Had it left there should have been a departure shown on that tracking number which there was not. Again, I'll do what I can to help
Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 AM

Bottom line is buyer didn't get insurance, it is his responsabilty. Chris packaged it correctly. I saw it being done with my own eyes, In fact I gave him the GM Transmission Shipping Crate it was shipped in. Sorry about your luck buyer..

Buyer.. If you think your right, take Chris to civil court and lets see who wins.. Its a simple open and shut case thanks to the federal shipping laws.. Suck it up!! Oh and watch what you say cause the Criminal Libel and Defamation cases are already set. I have printed off all of your defamatory statements, along with all the neg. on lookers who have witnessed your on going defamation torts. Chris has a very good reputation in this community. You might want to evaluate the facts.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NITROUSS
Bottom line is buyer didn't get insurance, it is his responsabilty. Chris packaged it correctly. I saw it being done with my own eyes, In fact I gave him the GM Transmission Shipping Crate it was shipped in. Sorry about your luck buyer..

Buyer.. If you think your right, take Chris to civil court and lets see who wins.. Its a simple open and shut case thanks to the federal shipping laws.. Suck it up!! Oh and watch what you say cause the Criminal Libel and Defamation cases are already set. I have printed off all of your defamatory statements, along with all the neg. on lookers who have witnessed your on going defamation torts. Chris has a very good reputation in this community. You might want to evaluate the facts.
Guys before anything else happens like that, let me see if there is anything I can do to find the tranny. It may be as simple as its laying in the hub at doraville. Just give me a couple of days next week & let me find out. Chris is a good guy & I know this is not something that he intentionally had happen.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Technically the seller did not have to put insurance on it...but it was a stupid move not to. Guy just paid you over $2300 and you couldn't spare a few bucks on insurance? If you seriously didn't insure it because he didn't ask you to, then you deserve to not have the trans or money because that's just plain ignorant. You could have saved yourself from all this crap and being called a bad seller had you had some common sense and put insurance on the thing. Like I said, yes technically he didn't ask for insurance but especially on something of that value...it's common sense. You obviously weren't thinking ahead. Bet it won't ever happen again will it?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have no dog in this fight. Now I do know Hunter but don't know the buyer. Hunter is a good guy but dead wrong in this case. All the stuff he has purchased lately, I am sure he wasn't asking for it to be insured, he assumed it was the sellers responsibility. If it would have been lost he would have expected it to be replaced. I also know the LAW and the agreement both parties signed with paypal puts total responsibility upon Hunter as the seller. If the buyer does not specifically in writing request NO INSURANCE, it is the sellers responsibility to ensure the purchased products arrives to the buyer in good condition.Hunter....you need to step up to the plate here......It is your responsibility to contact UPS and request they do a search, particularly if they know which warehouse it is located in. If no product can be found the buyer should file a claim with Paypal post haste!
Chris......Get on the phone and start "shakin the bushes" with UPS. My experience with them has always been very good. An attitude of it's "NOT MY PROBLEM" is not the right attitude in this situation. Just my two cents....as I said in the begining....got no dog in this fight!

Last edited by Mr.427; 03-28-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Today 07:19 AM
!
I agree with this guy!

liability falls back in hunters hands. he should be responsible for paying the 2300 or finding the transmission. Insurance is for the seller to make sure the product he is selling arrives to the buyer in good condition. If you buy something from a vendor on this site and it arrives to you damaged or gets lost you think they are going to tell you to get screwed becasue you didnt ask them for insurance? No,they are going to do whatever it takes to make sure you get a new product. When you "hand" them the money its out of your hands, it is then their responsibility to make sure you remain a happy customer and get the parts you bought
Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NITROUSS

I have no reason yet to take anybody to court. Paypal was used for a reason. I have not said anything about chris that didn't happen. What else was said in here was not said by me, Print all you want.

YOU might want to evaluate the facts. Just because you are friends with Chris does not make it right.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

wow, what a shitty situation. anything i have ever bought online the insurance has always been optional, not a requirement. now some sellers will include insurance into the shipping/handling costs, in which is generally stated in the shipping costs. however, hunter02ss plainly stated and i quote

"Hey Matt,
I have decided to go a different route and I will not be needing a core tranny. If you will pay the shipping on the tranny I will sell it to you for the 2300+ shipping.
If you use PayPal, I will eat the PayPal fee as well.
LMK!, Chris
"

nowhere did i see any mention about insurance being placed or included. to me it is the buyers responsibility to make a request for insurance as it is an option to them and be sure the item is covered. as a buyer if i were spending this kind of money i would not assume the seller is doing anything to cover my money. i would assure that my money was well spent and insured. never assume people are going to do it for you. tough lesson learned.

hope they recover the transmission and both parties get what they initially wanted.

Last edited by Stol3n; 03-28-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

buyer should have opted for insurance...once paypal money was sent it became property of the buyer, and seller just had to ship it..hell i sold chris a console and didnt insure it because he never asked for it!! maybe someone will find it
Old 03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Ok Ch1F, Hunter I spoke with my manager today about the situation. He was concerned about the situation too. He gave me a contact at the corporate office that should be able to help out. I am going to personally call the P-dale hub (Doraville) Monday morning. P-dale is the biggest pakage center in Georgia. Hopefully a 150 lb tranny is still there somewhere & never got on the truck. Hopefully this will be resolved for both parties next week.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Being a smart man is opening your mouth and asking about something that you want, and not relying on other people to care of it.
FYI, the label was printed thru PAYPAL, not at UPS!!The reason no insurance was added was the buyer did not tell me to add it! Also, The buyer seen in the pic that I posted of the container the tranny was going to be shipped in, the buyer ASKED me if I would change out the container to a better suited one , that way he(buyer) would feel more comfortable about it being shipped and not get damaged! I said no problem and I did that for him.
Obviously he was worried about it being damaged, and he ASKED and I accomadated for him. He did not ASK about insurance, therfore no accomodation was made for it!
And you are correct, the buyer made a assumption and he was in the wrong!!

Sounds like you're the type of creature to leave a fly in someone's burger and wait until they tell you that it's in there before you take it out. Why would you not insure a $2300 item when the insurance is so cheap? You're just "whatever" about everything as long as you get your money for your turbo parts right? Karma will come to get you soon enough.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

** ALL RIGHT HUNTER AND SAID BUYER***

Keep this calm and nomore name calling... lets keep this civil or ill give people stiring the pot a vacation.

Im not putting blaim on either party. (others take head to this and always ask or put insurance on an item when shipping)

Buyer should of asked to make sure shipping was included.
Seller should make a practice of insuring items... its not just for the buyer, but to cover the sellers butt also.

I have sold quite a few high dollar items on this board... $4k + for a procharger Kit $7K for a turbo kit and lastley almost $20K for a damn car..... never once did i give it a 2nd thought not to put insurance on an item or was i asked to.... i just did it because thats the way a responsible shipper does buisness with others..... treat other people the way you want to be treated. I guess it doesnt work that way now.

We will have an eye on this(not just myself) and by mid week we will need an update from the (3) parties now involved.

Thanks

Kyle

Quick Reply: HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED