Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this entire post. It appears to me that this is a clear case of. "It's not my fault." I think it's safe to say that both parties share some degree of responcibility. No mention of insurance by either party is just asking for trouble on such a high dollar item. We all like to Penny Pinch, (no insurance) but sometimes it comes back to bite us.

As a Seller, I take reasponcibility for anything I ship until it reaches the Buyer, regardless if insurance was requested. I can not, with a clear conscious, hold the Buyer liable for lost or damaged goods. If I don't cover my butt when I ship something, I can't honestly lay blame on the Buyer for any unforseen events. Even if it fails to reach the Buyer.

With these One on One sales. Trust is a big factor on the Buyers part. He or she is not dealing with a major company and as such, has little recourse to pursue if something goes wrong.

I take a certain degree of pride in the fact that Buyers trust me to honor my end. Deliver the item as described and well packaged. I can't control the shipper, whomever that might be but I can take certain steps to ensure that I've done all I can to protect not only me but the Buyer as well.
Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
Ok Ch1F, Hunter I spoke with my manager today about the situation. He was concerned about the situation too. He gave me a contact at the corporate office that should be able to help out. I am going to personally call the P-dale hub (Doraville) Monday morning. P-dale is the biggest pakage center in Georgia. Hopefully a 150 lb tranny is still there somewhere & never got on the truck. Hopefully this will be resolved for both parties next week.
Props to you Metalbeast......if an effort is made I am sure UPS will find the "lost" tranny. Then both parties will be satisfied.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

How the frick does usp lose a tranny? Not putting insurance on a big dollar item is just stupid. I shipped a gsxr motor before, and I paid the extra $10 just in case it got lost or busted up. Now paypal might rape your account all over $15.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if the OP calls PayPal they SHOULD refund the full ammount if you complain enough... i goit 1200 back for a set of heads once because they were lost and they didnt have the $ in the sellers account, but after i called them they gavce me the # back saying that 3% fee is their insurance...
Old 03-29-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
The reason they are saying I am responsible is due to the fact there was no insurance bought from me by you. If the shoe was on the other foot and I was buying from you, I would have requested insurance to be placed on the item, even if you didn't say a word about it! That's just me. I spend that much money, I myself want to make sure it is insured. If I sell a part to another person, if they want it in 2 days they tell me, I don't ask. You cannot assume that there was insurance placed on a item. It is your money you are spending and you should of made sure that your money would be secured in a event like this was to happen! I apoligize that this happend, but it is out of my hands.
Hunter02SS, YOU ARE NOT A RESPONSIBLE SELLER!
Here is what a responsible seller should have done. HE should have priced in the insurance on this to protect himself from preventing the flaming he is currently getting now, since its such a high dollar item. So IMO, its ultimately the sellers responsibility. Lets say you buy something from a reputable vendor here on LS1tech, we will just use Texas Speed for an example. You think they are gonna ship something out like that, & you not get it? Guess who looks bad? Thats right. THE SELLER! If you buy ANYTHING from someone else & you dont receive your item, how can that be the buyers fault? Yea, the buyer could have(& maybe should have when dealing with dolt sellers like this guy) asked the question, "is that gonna be shipped insured?" but thats really the sellers responsibility. If I sell something on ebay & its over $200, I insure the shipping & adjust it into the price. Its really not that hard.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chi3f
This argument can go on forever because you are still not catching on. The insurance is so the shipper can get the money back. Again why do you think if they find the tranny you are getting it back not me? why do you think they sent you the check for what they did cover? If you insured it they again would have sent you the money not me. the insurance isn't to cover my *** but yours.

Don't worry for an amount this big paypal has assured me that it will go through a bill collector if it has to go that far. The contract you have with me is through paypal so paypal making its own rules are what you agreed to when you signed up for it. Read the user agreement you agreed to. They are just a "go-between" for this very reason. PROTECTION

Everybody can have their own opinion about this but again this is not that complex. BUYER DOESN'T RECEIVE, BUYER DOESN'T PAY. That is paypal's stance on the matter, and that is the "opinion" that controls the money.
You do know one of paypals requirements to be protected as a seller is anything over $250 MUST be shipped signature required?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by za355tx
Technically the seller did not have to put insurance on it...but it was a stupid move not to. Guy just paid you over $2300 and you couldn't spare a few bucks on insurance? If you seriously didn't insure it because he didn't ask you to, then you deserve to not have the trans or money because that's just plain ignorant. You could have saved yourself from all this crap and being called a bad seller had you had some common sense and put insurance on the thing. Like I said, yes technically he didn't ask for insurance but especially on something of that value...it's common sense. You obviously weren't thinking ahead. Bet it won't ever happen again will it?
100% agreed. Now if you gave this option to the buyer & said to insure it it will be $XX much extra & he declined to pay it, maybe I could see your point. But if you didnt give the buyer an option & he didnt ask, well its a lot of weight riding on your *** when thers a problem like this & for the few extra dollars its totally retarded not to put insurance on it.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guy's, to all the people that say's I should of put insurance on the item, You guy's are correct, I should have! But regardless of how much said profit was made on the item if any, it is not my responsibility to come out of my own pocket and pay for OPTIONAL insurance on a item,no matter how much or how little insurance cost, that the buyer never even requested to be purchased!!
I did everything I was supposed to do. The buyer paid for the item+SHIPPING and I shipped it! I am a very responsible seller, but I am not going to hold every buyers hand in the country and make sure they want or do not want to purchase insurance on a item! All of you on this board, if you have a question or concern about your car, YOU ASK QUESTIONS!! All the parts I buy off of this forum, I don't ask for insurance, if it is damaged or lossed, i wouldn't hold the seller responsible for something neglegent on my part! People need to speak up for they want and quit relying on other's and assume they will take care of it!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Hunter02SS, YOU ARE NOT A RESPONSIBLE SELLER!
Here is what a responsible seller should have done. HE should have priced in the insurance on this to protect himself from preventing the flaming he is currently getting now, since its such a high dollar item. So IMO, its ultimately the sellers responsibility. Lets say you buy something from a reputable vendor here on LS1tech, we will just use Texas Speed for an example. You think they are gonna ship something out like that, & you not get it? Guess who looks bad? Thats right. THE SELLER! If you buy ANYTHING from someone else & you dont receive your item, how can that be the buyers fault? Yea, the buyer could have(& maybe should have when dealing with dolt sellers like this guy) asked the question, "is that gonna be shipped insured?" but thats really the sellers responsibility. If I sell something on ebay & its over $200, I insure the shipping & adjust it into the price. Its really not that hard.

Well, I am not a shop owner, or a vendor. I am a individual seller! There is a little difference! It is not my responsiblity to pay for something, the buyer did not request, especially if it optional. I have said before and will again, Find me were it states that when a seller sells a product the product MUST BE INSURED before the product is shipped! It dosn't!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

The Thread title is not really correct either. The thread title should of said
"Hunter and the tranny he shipped me and got lost by UPS" That is what it should of read.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopFlite
Sounds like you're the type of creature to leave a fly in someone's burger and wait until they tell you that it's in there before you take it out. Why would you not insure a $2300 item when the insurance is so cheap? You're just "whatever" about everything as long as you get your money for your turbo parts right? Karma will come to get you soon enough.
So I guess your the type of person that expects everybody to hold your hand ask questions for you, since you can't speak up!!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmawd350
I agree with this guy!

liability falls back in hunters hands. he should be responsible for paying the 2300 or finding the transmission. Insurance is for the seller to make sure the product he is selling arrives to the buyer in good condition. If you buy something from a vendor on this site and it arrives to you damaged or gets lost you think they are going to tell you to get screwed becasue you didnt ask them for insurance? No,they are going to do whatever it takes to make sure you get a new product. When you "hand" them the money its out of your hands, it is then their responsibility to make sure you remain a happy customer and get the parts you bought
If you agree with this guy why don't you follow through with what your saying:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...dsmawd350.html
Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsmawd350
I agree with this guy!

liability falls back in hunters hands. he should be responsible for paying the 2300 or finding the transmission. Insurance is for the seller to make sure the product he is selling arrives to the buyer in good condition. If you buy something from a vendor on this site and it arrives to you damaged or gets lost you think they are going to tell you to get screwed becasue you didnt ask them for insurance? No,they are going to do whatever it takes to make sure you get a new product. When you "hand" them the money its out of your hands, it is then their responsibility to make sure you remain a happy customer and get the parts you bought
Originally Posted by 97LS1BIRD
If you agree with this guy why don't you follow through with what your saying:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...dsmawd350.html

WOW DSMAWD350! You truly talk out both sides of your mouth! Atleast I am here and answering the questions. Looks like you need to take care of your own issue's before you start giving your .02$ about someone else and there issue!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I am not a shop owner, or a vendor. I am a individual seller! There is a little difference! It is not my responsiblity to pay for something, the buyer did not request, especially if it optional. I have said before and will again, Find me were it states that when a seller sells a product the product MUST BE INSURED before the product is shipped! It dosn't!
Lol, I can see by your attitude you still dont get it do you? Theres no difference just because youre an individual seller. Just proves what a lot of us have been telling you that you are NOT responsible at all. NO, of course you dont have to insure the shipment of a $2300 trans, to have the peace of mind that it will get to the buyer undamaged or protect against loss. Does it make a lot of sense? Why should the buyer need to tell you this? Did you send them an ebay style invoice with an option to insure their shipment? In a case like this, the buyer shouldnt even have a say in it, you should take it upon yourself to make it MANDATORY, unless in a case like this its not a problem for you to reimburse the buyer out of pocket when they dont get their stuff.
Like I said before, the only exception I see is if you told the buyer "its gonna be $XX extra to insure the shipment against loss or damage & they absolutely refused to pay the extra.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Lol, I can see by your attitude you still dont get it do you? Theres no difference just because youre an individual seller. Just proves what a lot of us have been telling you that you are NOT responsible at all. NO, of course you dont have to insure the shipment of a $2300 trans, to have the peace of mind that it will get to the buyer undamaged or protect against loss. Does it make a lot of sense? Why should the buyer need to tell you this? Did you send them an ebay style invoice with an option to insure their shipment? In a case like this, the buyer shouldnt even have a say in it, you should take it upon yourself to make it MANDATORY, unless in a case like this its not a problem for you to reimburse the buyer out of pocket when they dont get their stuff.
Like I said before, the only exception I see is if you told the buyer "its gonna be $XX extra to insure the shipment against loss or damage & they absolutely refused to pay the extra.
So basicly your telling me I have to hold his hand and make decisions for him??? Like I said, we are all adults and can speak up if something is needed or wanted. I know I do! BTW, All the parts I have bought on this forum, NOBODY has ever asked me if I wanted insurance on a item! If they insured it, fine, if not, I AM reliable, since I did not request it! INSURANCE IS A OPTION FOR THE BUYER AND SELLER! I am not the buyer and wasn't making the purchase! If you spent 2300.00 I am sure YOU the buyer would of made sure YOUR INVESTMENT was INSURED! I know i would have!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Nowhere does it say you need to insure the product, i completely agree. However it does say per paypal that you are liable for it getting to me. You can disagree all you want it is right in the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up for paypal. Have you even read it? Talk about holding somebody's hand.

Again it seems like i have to break this down for you. i bought a transmission, seller shipped transmission, transmission got lost, buyer doesn't receive transmission. Right in the contract you signed with paypal it says you are liable until i sign for it since it is over $250. The shipping insurance is the secondary issue here. YOU not putting insurance on the item is the reason you won't refund my money. That is the only reason the insurance is being brought up. You can kick and scream all you want but that is the facts? Again I ask, how many times are you going to repeat the same thing? how many times am I?

obviously you don't agree to what you signed up for. However this is one of the many reasons paypal exists. Otherwise i would have sent you a bag of money and hoped for the best.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

So I guess your the type of person that expects everybody to hold your hand ask questions for you, since you can't speak up!!
Insuring a $2300 item is common sense, something you have demonstrated to be unfamiliar with. YOU'RE WRONG HERE. There is no doubt about it. It sounds more like you're hand should have been held with your poor choices. You should be upset at YOURSELF only. At the end of each day, YOU are still the one who looks bad because of your poor choice to not insure an expensive item. Give the guy his $2300 back for an item he NEVER recieved from YOU. Don't forget to take the fly out of that burger too since everyone else has to tell you to make the RIGHT choices.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chi3f
Nowhere does it say you need to insure the product, i completely agree. However it does say per paypal that you are liable for it getting to me. You can disagree all you want it is right in the user agreement you agreed to when you signed up for paypal. Have you even read it? Talk about holding somebody's hand.

Again it seems like i have to break this down for you. i bought a transmission, seller shipped transmission, transmission got lost, buyer doesn't receive transmission. Right in the contract you signed with paypal it says you are liable until i sign for it since it is over $250. The shipping insurance is the secondary issue here. YOU not putting insurance on the item is the reason you won't refund my money. That is the only reason the insurance is being brought up. You can kick and scream all you want but that is the facts? Again I ask, how many times are you going to repeat the same thing? how many times am I?

obviously you don't agree to what you signed up for. However this is one of the many reasons paypal exists. Otherwise i would have sent you a bag of money and hoped for the best.
I understand everything just fine.You are hiding behind PAYPAL, because you know you did not request insurance. I already stated that yes since this transaction was thru PAYPAL and you did not recieve the item that you are entitled your money back. I am not disagreeing with this at all! I am however
diagreeing with the fact that it is your responsibilty to purchase insurance and I had already told you in writing what you were purchasing for the $2300.00 and since you did not purchase insurance, know you are hiding behind PAYPAL to take care of this, since you did not cover your purchase with insurance! If you had purchased insurance, you would of had your money back already! This is my complaint!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Teching In

I understand everything just fine.You are hiding behind PAYPAL, because you know you did not request insurance. I already stated that yes since this transaction was thru PAYPAL and you did not recieve the item that you are entitled your money back. I am not disagreeing with this at all! I am however
diagreeing with the fact that it is your responsibilty to purchase insurance and I had already told you in writing what you were purchasing for the $2300.00 and since you did not purchase insurance, know you are hiding behind PAYPAL to take care of this, since you did not cover your purchase with insurance! If you had purchased insurance, you would of had your money back already! This is my complaint!
If paypal had ruled in your favor and said yea the buyer is responsible you would be doing the same thing. I am not hiding behind anything, i used paypal for a reason. That is not hiding, that is using the tools we both agreed on.

Also you agree all of a sudden that i am entitled to getting my money back yet you are not doing so. That is in writing in paypals contract so it is obvious. Nowhere does it say the buyer is responsible for shipping insurance. If i was, then i would have had to fill something out at ups before you shipped it. YOU shipped it, you went and made the transaction, you are responsible for it.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopFlite
Insuring a $2300 item is common sense, something you have demonstrated to be unfamiliar with. YOU'RE WRONG HERE. There is no doubt about it. It sounds more like you're hand should have been held with your poor choices. You should be upset at YOURSELF only. At the end of each day, YOU are still the one who looks bad because of your poor choice to not insure an expensive item. Give the guy his $2300 back for an item he NEVER recieved from YOU. Don't forget to take the fly out of that burger too since everyone else has to tell you to make the RIGHT choices.
LMAO At you! So you are telling me in your statement that if YOU spent $2300.00 on a item that YOU would actually rely on the seller to insure it for you without you even saying a word about it, KNOWING INSURANCE IS A OPTION?????? I didn't think so! BTW, The reason he never recieved it was because UPS LOST IT! I did ship it out to him like I was supposed to!! that is not the issue!

Quick Reply: HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED