Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chi3f
If paypal had ruled in your favor and said yea the buyer is responsible you would be doing the same thing. I am not hiding behind anything, i used paypal for a reason. That is not hiding, that is using the tools we both agreed on.
I wouldn't be doing the same thing here. I would of been smart and purchased INSURANCE on a $2300.00 item I was buying! This is what i am saying. You know you didn't buy insurance and your only other hopes of getting your money back is thru PAYPAL, since you physicly didn't recieve the item. Believe me, if UPS finds the tranny, or refunds ME the money, YOU will have your money back,but I am not going to give you the money back for something you did not purchase(insurance) and then try and hold me liable, no matter what PAYPAL say's!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
All the parts I have bought on this forum, NOBODY has ever asked me if I wanted insurance on a item! If they insured it, fine, if not, I AM reliable!
Looks like you meant to say LIABLE not RELIABLE because that just doesn't make sense after what you've done; stolen $2300 from a fellow LS1tech member. These subtle demonstration's of NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL really show your inability to do just that. In regard's to you throwing around this idea of adult's speaking up for themselves, youre right, we all should and do. However, you clearly DID NOT. Did the thought even cross your mind that maybe you should call the guy and ask if he want's insurance for something that's worth $2300?? SPEAK UP! That's right you DID NOT, you stayed silent and said screw it he gets no insurance. Don't practice what you preach now do you? That seems to be the story with you this whole time anyhow. You're twin turbo icon is nice, but why not really make it representative of your ACTION's and character and have US currency flying into the inlet side with Chi3f's name written on them. I'd say that's a 100% accurate representation of what's going on with you.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

So you are telling me in your statement that if YOU spent $2300.00 on a item that YOU would actually rely on the seller to insure it for you without you even saying a word about it, KNOWING INSURANCE IS A OPTION?????? !
You should take it as a compliment that he actually THOUGHT you would make a good choice and purchase insurance.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I wouldn't be doing the same thing here. I would of been smart and purchased INSURANCE on a $2300.00 item I was buying! This is what i am saying. You know you didn't buy insurance and your only other hopes of getting your money back is thru PAYPAL, since you physicly didn't recieve the item. Believe me, if UPS finds the tranny, or refunds ME the money, YOU will have your money back,but I am not going to give you the money back for something you did not purchase(insurance) and then try and hold me liable, no matter what PAYPAL say's!
Again you are breaking a contract with paypal, that whole user agreement thing again. You think they take a $1888 negative balance lightly? I am not going to explain what they do to get it. They do however have their ways.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TopFlite
Looks like you meant to say LIABLE not RELIABLE because that just doesn't make sense after what you've done; stolen $2300 from a fellow LS1tech member. These subtle demonstration's of NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL really show your inability to do just that. In regard's to you throwing around this idea of adult's speaking up for themselves, youre right, we all should and do. However, you clearly DID NOT. Did the thought even cross your mind that maybe you should call the guy and ask if he want's insurance for something that's worth $2300?? SPEAK UP! That's right you DID NOT, you stayed silent and said screw it he gets no insurance. Don't practice what you preach now do you? That seems to be the story with you this whole time anyhow. You're twin turbo icon is nice, but why not really make it representative of your ACTION's and character and have US currency flying into the inlet side with Chi3f's name written on them. I'd say that's a 100% accurate representation of what's going on with you.
I didn't steal nothing from nobody, never have and never will!!So I ask you the same question!! If YOU were spending $2300.00 on a item, you are telling me YOU would not ask to make sure that there was insurance on it! Insurance is optional, like I have said before! I don't care if you spend 10grand, if you do not buy insurance, THAT IS ON YOU! I already stated what he was buying with his $2300.00 and that was the tranny and shipping! Why do I need to speak up??? I am not the person doing the buying! If I was doing the buying I would speak up!Attention to detail??? Again the buyer is doing the spending!The buyer should of had a little more Attention to detail!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't be doing the same thing here. I would of been smart and purchased INSURANCE on a $2300.00 item I was buying!
But, you will not do it if you are selling? It's these inconsistency's that make your story very uncredible. Get your act together guy.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

Again you are breaking a contract with paypal, that whole user agreement thing again. You think they take a $1888 negative balance lightly? I am not going to explain what they do to get it. They do however have their ways.
And that negative balance will remain until this is resolved, whether it be UPS refunding the money, or finding the tranny, or infront of the judge! I don't care. You didn't cover your purchase and now you are trying to get your money back thru PAYPAL, since you know you didn't purchase insurance. You knew exactly what you were buying and it is in writing!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

You should take it as a compliment that he actually THOUGHT you would make a good choice and purchase insurance.
He didn't pay for insurance, why would I pay for it for him???

But, you will not do it if you are selling? It's these inconsistency's that make your story very uncredible. Get your act together guy.
Wow, you guy's are something else. If i am selling it cost me more money to purchase insurance. The buyer knew exactly what he was paying for. It is in black and white. It is not up to me to make sure the buyer covers himself. Plain and simple. You rely on others to cover you, or do you take the matter in your own hands and make sure you cover you!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:24 PM
9 Second Club

Alright, I bought a stage 3 tickshift t56 from hunter02ss,

Messages from me February 3rd 2009

Hey Matt,
I have decided to go a different route and I will not be needing a core tranny. If you will pay the shipping on the tranny I will sell it to you for the 2300+ shipping.
If you use PayPal, I will eat the PayPal fee as well.
LMK!, Chris

i'm not trying to be a pain but there is no way you will do 2300 shipped? with paypal of course.

Pay the 3% paypal fee's and it's a done deal.
Total would be $2369.00

Total price: $2369.00 on February 3rd 2009. I was very happy I finally found a built transmission to get my car one step closer to ready for summer. Well it shipped out 2/11/2009 and through ups and that was that. Last day it was reported by ups. Called UPS, they can’t find it after a couple weeks. They tell me they are sending a check to the shipper since I was the receiver and couldn’t tell me anymore about it. So I told chris (hunter02ss) that UPS told me they were sending him a check. He said it was the first he had heard of a check and that they told him they were still looking for it. I talked to them again a few days later and they closed the case and said again that the seller would be getting a check. Again they wouldn’t tell me anything more. So I waited for Chris to receive a check until march 5th. I put in a claim to paypal because you only have so many days to file a claim.

Claim:

3/5/2009 10:35 PST - Buyer: I know the transmission getting lost wasn't your fault but i am running out of time to file a claim with paypal. UPS says they have issued payment to you but won't go into further detail. Sorry for the trouble.

Well then I get his comment back through paypal:

3/6/2009 09:48 PST - Seller: The buyer did not purchase insurance for this item that was sold him. The item was shipped UPS and a shipping label was processed thru PayPal. The item shipped and got lost by UPS. This is not my fault and I should not have to refund the customer his money. UPS is supposed to send me a check for the shipping charge,s since there was no insurance,and that's it. I am out the product and if the buyer recieves his money back, I am out the money as well!

As you can probably guess reading that after thinking my money was coming back to me was quite a shock. At no point did he tell me the check was just for shipping charges. He just let me believe the money was coming back.

Finally the paypal process is over. They went in my favor and I got back 480.65. He still has 1888.35 of my money. He claims somehow he is out the tranny and $480 that paypal returned and it is my fault there is no insurance on it. When in reality he got money back from shipping it, he got my money, and he sold me the transmission I never got. Since HE never put insurance on it.
As you can see in plain bold print, the buyer knew exactly what he was getting and or purchasing!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Teching In

you can tell yourself whatever you want. Nowhere did i say no insurance. Black and white is paypals contract which you are ignoring.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
9 Second Club

you can tell yourself whatever you want. Nowhere did i say no insurance. Black and white is paypals contract which you are ignoring.
Like I said, you are sticking to this paypal contract thing and that is fine, but I am telling you that until either the tranny shows up, or UPS refunds the money, you are not getting any more money from me. We will be in contact with PAYPAL in the morning about this. I have a feeling i will be getting my money back from PAYPAL, and UPS will be giving me a refund and in turn you will recieve the refund from me at that point!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Like I said 100 times. You know you didn't say you wanted insurance,and I don't just voluntarly spend extra money,so it wasn't purchased, and now since paypal say's since you did not recieve the item you are entitled your money back, and you would have your money back if you purchased insurance!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

This really sucks for both of you! The one thing I learned from reading this is I'll purchase insurance when I buy anything. No matter what the value. Also it's always good to ask questions as a buyer or a seller especially with that kind of money changing hands. Hopefully this reaches a resolution that you two are satisfied with.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

I agree with HUNTER02SS, if the buyer didnt pay or ask for additional insurance for such a large purchase then shame on him. There is a reason why UPS only offers $100 worth of coverage on all items shipped.

HUNTER02SS did what he was supposed to do and UPS fucked up.

What has UPS said in regards to all this? Where was the packaged last scanned at?

Ups can tell you which employee scanned the packaged, who loaded the package, what dock is was going to, etc.

I'd be at the nearest customer counter center chewing someones *** out!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fast bird
This really sucks for both of you! The one thing I learned from reading this is I'll purchase insurance when I buy anything. No matter what the value. Also it's always good to ask questions as a buyer or a seller especially with that kind of money changing hands. Hopefully this reaches a resolution that you two are satisfied with.
My main thing out of this is that I am not a scammer, thief or anything of the sort.I have a excellant reputation on this forum and help other enthusiast on this board with there questions everday! The ONLY reason, I have not giving the buyer the rest of his money back yet is for the simple fact that the buyer did not purchase insurance, and the fact I plainly stated to him what he was buying! However, if UPS refunds me the money or finds the tranny, I will at that point refund him the money, but not until then!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDLS1Z
I agree with HUNTER02SS, if the buyer didnt pay or ask for additional insurance for such a large purchase then shame on him. There is a reason why UPS only offers $100 worth of coverage on all items shipped.

HUNTER02SS did what he was supposed to do and UPS fucked up.

What has UPS said in regards to all this? Where was the packaged last scanned at?

Ups can tell you which employee scanned the packaged, who loaded the package, what dock is was going to, etc.

I'd be at the nearest customer counter center chewing someones *** out!!!!

There is a member on this forum that works for UPS and is going to investigate into it further in the AM. I will also be going to the terminal where it was last scanned at tommorrow as well!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hunter is rersponsiable, since in his Paypal agreement, it states the seller is responsiable to deliver the item to the buyer. It never showed up, the buyer, gets their money back. When Hunter agreed to acept Paypal, he agreed to these term. Been there 3 times, each of the times the seller didn't offer the option of insurance. Twice they resent the mechandise, they other ended up refunding the money.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

There is a member on this forum that works for UPS and is going to investigate into it further in the AM. I will also be going to the terminal where it was last scanned at tommorrow as well!

I worked at UPS for 5 1/2 years and did every job there as I started out at the bottom of the list and worked my way up.

There has to be more to the whereabouts of the tranny. Just doesnt make sense..

Good luck to ya
Old 03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by poconojoe
Hunter is rersponsiable, since in his Paypal agreement, it states the seller is responsiable to deliver the item to the buyer. It never showed up, the buyer, gets their money back. When Hunter agreed to acept Paypal, he agreed to these term. Been there 3 times, each of the times the seller didn't offer the option of insurance. Twice they resent the mechandise, they other ended up refunding the money.
I have already said that thru PAYPAL I am responsible. The buyer did not recieve the item so yes, he is due his money back! The problem is the buyer didn't purchase insurance thru me to apply to the item therfore it was never purchased. And now the buyer is hiding behind PAYPAL rules to try and get his money back. The buyer is using PAYPAL as a escape for his neglegeance on purchasing insurance.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have already said that thru PAYPAL I am responsible. The buyer did not recieve the item so yes, he is due his money back! The problem is the buyer didn't purchase insurance thru me to apply to the item therfore it was never purchased. And now the buyer is hiding behind PAYPAL rules to try and get his money back. The buyer is using PAYPAL as a escape for his neglegeance on purchasing insurance.

I didn't see where you offered him insurance. In Paypal eyes, if you don't offer insurance, its not available. You as well as him chose to use Paypal, so you are both bound by their rules. By the way I hate paypal, and prefer to use postal money orders. By the way don't see you as a bad seller, because if you were, and were planning to rip him off, you would have made sure there was no money in your account.

PS Let this be a leason to you to put a second label inside the package, in a plastic pouch, in case the outside label get lost.

Quick Reply: HUNTER02SS and the transmission i never got - RESOLVED