Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

cbruer sent me a blown up Yank PT4400, now will not refund full amount

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbruer sent me a blown up Yank PT4400, now will not refund full amount

I purchased a PT4000 from user cbruer (Carl Bruer). It arrived on time with no problems.

He informed me it was 2-3 years old and was only in the car for a few months. He stated the 4l60e that was in it started slipping so he swapped to a th400 and hasnt used this converter since.

He informed me he had already contacted Dave @ Yank regarding the converter and there was going to be the cost of $250 plus shipping to rebuild/freshen the converter, but he did not have the time to deal with getting it done.

I told him that with the cheap purchase price of the converter plus $250 to have it good as new, I was totally fine with purchasing this PT400, which turns out to be a PT4400 when yank took it apart.

Upon receiving it within 4-5 business days (no complaint here), Just taking it out of the box you could hear metal pieces inside bouncing around. I looked down in the converter while tipping it different directions and small pieces of metal littered the bottom inside the converter. Obviously something was very wrong.

Carl Bruer advised me to send the converter to yank and they would fix it for $250. Well I send it to them and they cut it open and they tell me this converter was complete junk, not even rebuildable. Dave @ Yank said it was "more than blown up, like it blew up and someone kept driving it till the car wouldnt move".

Even the case wasnt useable. They couldnt repair it, even if they wanted to. I was best off to just throw the entire thing away. Also they told me the converter was 6-7 years old, not a couple years old. I immediately contacted Cbruer and informed him and he told me Yank was full of crap etc etc...

Now cbruer says I need to ship him back the converter and he will only refund me $90 and he doesnt have time to deal with it etc. Also cbruer tells me he doesnt have to do anything for me and im lucky he is offering that and that I should take take Daves offer to sell me a brand new converter for $100 off because he feels bad that Ive been boned on buying this converter.

So "Carl Bruer" now tells me that Yank is lying and they are trying to screw him and me over to force us to pay for a new converter etc etc...

So I've already paid $20 to ship it to Yank, spent too much time with PM's, phone calls etc to get this taken care of and Carl Bruer now wants me to pay Yank to ship him the converter (which would mean I need to pay more to yank as well) before he will give me a total of $90 back.

This is BS.

My paypal payment even clearly states:
"
Subject:
Payment for Yank PT4000 (LS1 4l60e) Torque Converter
Note:
This is payment for the PT4000 Yank Torque Converter non-damaged that fits a LS1 98-02 Camaro Firebird Transam 4l60e automatic transmission. "

I want a full refund of $130 back and ill eat the shipping cost I already spent on shipping it to yank.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

At this point he tells me tough crap....what a crook. This isnt over with and he wont even make it right minus paypal fees and his shipping costs and refund $100, ive been more than reasonable on this.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 PM
FormerVendor

I have PM'ed him the link to this post and he PM's but will not reply or post anything here.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

It is pointless to even post here but Dave said he would give you the proper converter he said that converter was too much for what you had he was willing to give you it for 625 out the door that was 150 dollar credit for the core that he didn't have to do for a new SS4000 with a 3 yr. warranty. He said the other one was fixible but it was just best to go with their new line and have the three year warranty. I told you the condition you were fine with it for 100 bucks and then once yank told you 4-500 which was not the price they told me to fix but they also stated that it was what it would cost once they saw and analyzed it you told me yourself they told you 250. I really had no use for the converter because I have a TH400 in the car but I figured it would work for someone well they gave you a core for the return and they are giving you a new converter with 3 yr. warranty for 150 off to me rather then waste the money and ship it everywhere, you have honestly 90 sum odd dollars in it minus my 40 some odd dollars shipping from WV to So Cal what do you want a perfect yank converter for 90 bucks, I told you the condition you were fine with it but when you found out you couldn't make anything off of it but just get a credit for a new one then you were unhappy. I am sorry because I was also thinking you could gain from it but you can't well the only solution I see is to take the 150 discount get the new converter with 3 yr warranty and say you broke even.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

I just spent 1100 on a Neil Chance converter because that is what I want in my car because they say it is reliable. If you believe in Yank Converters then I'm sure a good converter is worth 625.00
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

I dont need/want to change to a different stall/converter.

I paid for a un-damaged PT4000 or 4400 and thats what I expected. If I wanted to buy/pay for a brand new converter, I would have bought one new.

I have wholesale/dealer accounts with several Yank distributors and I get at cost deals for converters for my own personal stuff. I have no interest in spending $625 on a new converter, when I paid you for a undamaged converter..

$150 core toward a converter doesnt save me one dime, it just applies money I already paid toward a new converter that I dont want to pay for.

He did not say it was fixable. I will ask dave to come in here and post his comments on the condition of the destroyed converter. They said it was not repairable and better off throw it in the trash.

You told me it was undamaged. I dont care if I paid $20 or $2000 for it, you told me it wasnt damaged/blown up, my paypal payment even states "this is for an undamaged pt4000/4400". and it was blown up.

You sold me junk, make it right.

Originally Posted by cbruer
It is pointless to even post here but Dave said he would give you the proper converter he said that converter was too much for what you had he was willing to give you it for 625 out the door that was 150 dollar credit for the core that he didn't have to do for a new SS4000 with a 3 yr. warranty. He said the other one was fixible but it was just best to go with their new line and have the three year warranty. I told you the condition you were fine with it for 100 bucks and then once yank told you 4-500 which was not the price they told me to fix but they also stated that it was what it would cost once they saw and analyzed it you told me yourself they told you 250. I really had no use for the converter because I have a TH400 in the car but I figured it would work for someone well they gave you a core for the return and they are giving you a new converter with 3 yr. warranty for 150 off to me rather then waste the money and ship it everywhere, you have honestly 90 sum odd dollars in it minus my 40 some odd dollars shipping from WV to So Cal what do you want a perfect yank converter for 90 bucks, I told you the condition you were fine with it but when you found out you couldn't make anything off of it but just get a credit for a new one then you were unhappy. I am sorry because I was also thinking you could gain from it but you can't well the only solution I see is to take the 150 discount get the new converter with 3 yr warranty and say you broke even.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

I never stated it was undamaged and anyone I told about it I immediately told them that it needed a rebuild from Yank at no point did I say it was in any shape to put in a car I said send to Yank and that is what I told you and for 90 dollars what did you honestly think you knew and I have all the emails even the one after you received the converter and said yea I noticed its broke just wondering what's the history of it don't worry I'm sending it to Yank. I never said anything about it being in good shape at all.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

If I go thru all the stuff you say that is totally made up by you, I never said the age of it, Dave never told you it couldn't be fixed he just said it wasn't worth fixing verses getting a new one with a 3 year warranty. I guess I see where we are different you don't and refuse to pay anything for anything which is probly why you are where you are, have a good day and this is my last post on this topic because it is very pointless.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

This is a quote from you to me after you received the converter

"Got the converter today. Question, theres metal shavings in it and some small pieces of metal that rattle around in side. Did you have the converter break on you or the tranny come apart with it in?

Im just sending it in to Yank for a cut,clean and inspection, just wanted to know the history on it"

Then I stated it may have been I had went thru several setups with the transmission in the car and that was all fine with you.

Please ask Dave because he offered 150 off and he also said you were not a authorized dealer for his converters and that was a best price you could get just to make things ok for everyone but I guess again 150 off is not sufficient because you supposedly have ways of getting things cheaper so you wouldn't give 625.00 for a new converter. Dave did tell me that they do have the parts to fix it for 4 - 500 dollars but that is what it would cost and you would be better off getting the new one with the 3 yr warranty for 625.00 but again we all know you can get new ones all day for real cheap and if it aint a super deal you don't want it somebody is crooking you. LOL

And previously before this I told you I was unsure if it was a PT4000 or PT4400 and that it would have to be sent back to Yank. You said 130 was enough for shipping and for the converter well shipping was 40 some odd dollars.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

In your first statement you said you clearly state that I told you that Yank said they would rebuild the converter for 250.00 now what part of "in good shape and undamaged" do you read in the 90 dollar converter you were purchasing. I clearly told you what it was and what you were buying the only unknown was that the price changed to fix the converter when Yank recieved it and that myself or you would not know without Yank actually seeing and telling us that the cost was going to be more. I have no way of knowing but I called them on the phone told them what I had and they told me their cost to fix at that time. I didn't lie to you or do anything to try to take your money. They offered you a core of 150 clearly more then you paid for it and you said you wouldn't pay 625 for a new SS4000 with 3 yr. warranty. I don't know what to tell you buddy, good luck.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

You told me you had been quoted $250 to "FRESHEN" it and thats all it would cost to have it good as new.

Dave said it is "UNREPAIRABLE" and they couldnt fix it if they tried and it wasnt worth the cost of shipping.

So what about that doesnt make sense? You sold me a paperweight that was supposed to be undamaged.

Here is a screen shot of the paypal payment. It even says undamaged converter. Where is the misunderstanding.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Because obviously you dont understand that rebuild and $90.00 for a converter doesnt = slap it in your car and go to the track, what more do you want me to say. I want a good race converter in my car for 100 bucks thats happening nowhere in the US or any other state that I know of unless you have your own converter shop, later man. I stated the condition and you said so in your first message on this post and then you received it and stated that was fine and if you want I know exactly what Dave said ask him to post on here he said it could be fixed they could find the parts around their shop to fix it but the cost verses the new model its just not worth it to put the money into it and he also said you tried to make it like you gave a bunch for the converter sounds like you and he said well I'm willing to give him 150 on it which is more then he gave for it well honestly if Yank knows I sold you the converter you havent spent one dime with them I did about 800 dollars for that converter so why should they give you any breaks all you want is something for nothing obviously.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Original for sale post for the converter link and it says I do not know condition of the converter and it also says it was in one of my previous setups nothing else about it being a good converter or when I had it in the car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...rter-sale.html
Old 04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cbruer
Original for sale post for the converter link and it says I do not know condition of the converter and it also says it was in one of my previous setups nothing else about it being a good converter or when I had it in the car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...rter-sale.html
i wouldnt claim it to be 2-3 years old when its closer to 6-7? cus you did say on your thread "have it rebuild for alot less than they are worth" when in fact, according to the OP, yank says its unrebuildable?

just refund him and take back the converter...since it appears to be useless...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

I never said the age of it and Yank didn't say they couldn't rebuild it, it would just be 400 - 500 to rebuild and they said they would give him a new one for 625.00 which is 150 off the price thats more then what he had in it with a 3 yr warranty.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 AM
On The Tree

I also told him he could have a refund once he sent the converter back to me but the shipping from Cal to here in WV is like 45 to 50 bucks so I dunno but yea I will give him 90 dollars back to his paypal if he sends me back the converter also.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

just thought i might mention here that you bought a yank converter for $130.....seriously man, wtf did you expect you would get?

Thats like buying a $3500 FI setup for $300..........just my $.02
Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM
FormerVendor

If you paid $300 for a $3500 FI Setup and got a piece of scrap metal in the mail, would you feel like you got jacked?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
If you paid $300 for a $3500 FI Setup and got a piece of scrap metal in the mail, would you feel like you got jacked?
Im smart enough to know somethings up if i was to buy a $3500 item for $300, just sounds too good to be true. same with your situation.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:55 AM
FormerVendor

That doesnt justify anything at all...only a dishonest person would think that way.

Quick Reply: cbruer sent me a blown up Yank PT4400, now will not refund full amount