Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I got screwed out of over 5k by cjg454ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD_LS1
Wow guys this is a bad deal for one or both of you... I have spent thousands of dollars on here without issue... but its threads like this that scare the **** out of me...

I can say that i am not the kind of person to take getting screwed over very well. I would not have a problem to drive across the country to get things set straight, one way or another. It seems just as wrong for me to let someone get away with something like that, as it is to screw someone. IDK thats just my opinion, lol..

Morals, Values, Honesty, and Integrity thats what you base a persons value off of in this world... if you dont have these things.... well then your worthless!!!!

Sorry for the rambling, I hope you two get things straightened out! I hate to see things like this happen.

Blaine

i feel you but owning 2 business doesnt give me time to drive across country you can see in the vid the block is no good he did try to resolve the problem but at my expense as soon as all this junk sells i will let you know exactly how much i got screwed out of
Old 11-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Banned

like i said 100 times now, send me the motor and the builder will fix any issues. im not going to say a good motor is junk over a camera phone video,
Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM

for the 100th time i am not sending you the motor at my expense. your builders creditability is very questionable first off the vid shows that your builder obviously isnt a good as you say to let it go like that 2nd there was so much debris in the engine did he do it in a sand storm 3rd there were nothing but mis matched bolts in the motor 4th there are over half of the washers missing for the head and main studs. i dont know a builder that puts a motor together like this unless he figures it wouldnt be opened for a while and by then it would be the owners prob...
Old 11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stangeater01
for the 100th time i am not sending you the motor at my expense. your builders creditability is very questionable first off the vid shows that your builder obviously isnt a good as you say to let it go like that 2nd there was so much debris in the engine did he do it in a sand storm 3rd there were nothing but mis matched bolts in the motor 4th there are over half of the washers missing for the head and main studs. i dont know a builder that puts a motor together like this unless he figures it wouldnt be opened for a while and by then it would be the owners prob...
that post helps me a ton.. the fact that you say over half the washers are missing is absolute bs, nothing but mismatched bolts also bs, also that you wont send me the motor at a $120.00 expense on a $3000 motor you say tells me something.

Also SSman02(jay) i have confirmation from david that the motor YOU build had to be reringed, the heads off that motor are on another member car doing just fine. So your credibility is absolute 100% crap. just admit you replaced the ring, dont be a lier.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by cjg454ss
that post helps me a ton.. the fact that you say over half the washers are missing is absolute bs, nothing but mismatched bolts also bs, also that you wont send me the motor at a $120.00 expense on a $3000 motor you say tells me something.

Also SSman02(jay) i have confirmation from david that the motor YOU build had to be reringed, the heads off that motor are on another member car doing just fine. So your credibility is absolute 100% crap. just admit you replaced the ring, dont be a lier.
the rear cover had 3 different kind of bolts all stock ones but from different locations some were short some long pm traceyrr ask him how many washers are missing he will tell you. 120 extra is 120 i say the condition the motor came to me in and how much debris was in it why have your guy re do it because he didnt do it right the first time and have it in the back of my head that it may have been done exactly the same. then i just have to pull it apart again to make sure it was done right get my drift?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ssman00
i live in bs chris you know where to find me. feel free to come check out the motor it has the exact same rings in it as it always did. only thing changed was top ring bc david bought a moly top ring which isnt good for nitrous you should know that. David can say what he wants but he hasnt seen or heard anything about this motor since the day it came out of his car. so you dont be a lier and fix this guys engine. pay the shipping its 120.00 like you said im sure you can afford that i mean come on you got a tahoe, a vorteched srt8 jeep, turdo camaro, an a new house, i dont think your hurtin for cash so settle the problem
ok JAY, explain then why GARY(nemesis SN) had to try to fix the motor, because you were too incompetent to fix it yourself and david wouldnt let you TOUCH the motor unless you bought it. PERIOD. Dont chime in on a thread stating that you have knowledge or what not. you dont, This thread is unbelievable, a reputable machine shop assembles a motor that had no problems before refreshing. the motor now is now junk, the purchaser changes the story every post, another member with little to no knowledge chimes in and says i can afford to fix the problem so i should

Again send me the motor, thats all i can do,
Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM

ok JAY, explain then why GARY(nemesis SN) had to try to fix the motor, because you were too incompetent to fix it yourself and david wouldnt let you TOUCH the motor unless you bought it. PERIOD. Dont chime in on a thread stating that you have knowledge or what not. you dont, This thread is unbelievable, a reputable machine shop assembles a motor that had no problems before refreshing. the motor now is now junk, the purchaser changes the story every post, another member with little to no knowledge chimes in and says i can afford to fix the problem so i should

Again send me the motor, thats all i can do,

i would love to know where my story changed. It is with a machine shop right now i will have him chime in when the results are in there is no way i am paying to ship it to you then pulling it apart when i get it to make sure its right doesnt make any sence if these people would have seen this motor when i got it you would have been really flamed pm r&dmachine on here he pulled it apart he will tell you how much of a discrace it was. Tell your machine guy to close his doors in the desert when he assembles a motor
Old 11-18-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I dont know all the issues or the facts but I from La and have had dealings with Rich he is a stand up guy and very easy to deal with. I hope this gets worked out for both partys. I see that Jose will fix your turbo problem for 270 dollars thats alot cheaper then the 1K you were quoted thats a huge savings right there.. Perhaps Rich's builder can come back with a simular solution and it not be much to repair. Again dont flame me Im voicing my opion here.

I do know that if I bought a engine and it came to me in this condition I would personally take the block and wrap it around the person that sold it to me with a chain and drop his *** off a bride to never be found. Again thats just me, Im from Louisiana and come from a ( what you call ) very big family orientated support system if you get what I mean.

I truely hope you guys can make it right. I hate seeing **** like this with people I have dealt with in the past or on this site period.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

8. Nothing was wrong but i still offered to take it to the builder.

9. If anything is wrong he will fix it, if you want additional machine work like mains pinned you will pay for them.

10. It is your problem, just like the new BS3 you gave me was heavily used and the $200.00 repair for the turbo is now $1000.00
Assuming you have seen the video........Do you feel there is a problem with the main caps? Does your builder see a problem there?

You don't need to have the block in hand to see there is a problem......Do you agree that the main caps should be a tight fit? Are you really prepared to "fix" this problem? How would you propose to fix this problem?

Did you fix the turbo yet? Do you still have the turbo? Did you contact the guy Rich said would fix it for under 300 bucks?

A BS3 shipped in a beat up box is far from "just like" a bad block.

Not sure why the attempt to sell the engine has anything to do with the fact the motor has issues.....?
Old 12-29-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by lfsglass
Assuming you have seen the video........Do you feel there is a problem with the main caps? Does your builder see a problem there?

You don't need to have the block in hand to see there is a problem......Do you agree that the main caps should be a tight fit? Are you really prepared to "fix" this problem? How would you propose to fix this problem?

Did you fix the turbo yet? Do you still have the turbo? Did you contact the guy Rich said would fix it for under 300 bucks?

A BS3 shipped in a beat up box is far from "just like" a bad block.

Not sure why the attempt to sell the engine has anything to do with the fact the motor has issues.....?
these are questions that may never be answered
Old 01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good goddamn....3 pages of this and all i can think of is that i hope it works out and i hope it never happens again to either party...i bought a used long block off this site and had some issues....but nothing the seller and i didnt work through..and he was from SC...and it was a longblock out of a white SS or Z28...but i was able to drive up and check out the engine a bit..best of luck..
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
good goddamn....3 pages of this and all i can think of is that i hope it works out and i hope it never happens again to either party...i bought a used long block off this site and had some issues....but nothing the seller and i didnt work through..and he was from SC...and it was a longblock out of a white SS or Z28...but i was able to drive up and check out the engine a bit..best of luck..
i guess you can say it has been worked out in a way but on my part i sold the motor and all internals to take a $2000+ loss this is the first transaction i had go bad out of 1000 i have done. The guy that bought it from fixed the problem and is now installing it in his car. he got a good deal and is happy i am glad someone is...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Glad you got it fixed. I DID OFFER TO FIX ANY PROBLEM WITH IT. But just to get this straight, you took a $2,000 loss because you didnt want to ship it back to the machine shop for $125.00. something is fishy
Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

Why should he have shipped it back to the same people that didnt fix it right the first time? I would have done the same thing... let someone I know and trust fix it local so that I can see the build process and hold the local shop responsible should they screw it up. If your machine shop screwed it up... again... that would be another $125 shipping cost to get it warrantied. The responsible thing to do would have been to let him get someone local to fix it and then figure out what to do about repair costs.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DSIM
Why should he have shipped it back to the same people that didnt fix it right the first time? I would have done the same thing... let someone I know and trust fix it local so that I can see the build process and hold the local shop responsible should they screw it up. If your machine shop screwed it up... again... that would be another $125 shipping cost to get it warrantied. The responsible thing to do would have been to let him get someone local to fix it and then figure out what to do about repair costs.
Well when the guy is BSing you trying to get money back and wont answer a phone call, but will post all day online. something doesnt seem right. My feedback on here is very good. I disclosed that the motor was run hard. he wanted a NEW motor, well go buy a NEW MOTOR and pay the extra money. i sold it cheap and disclosed everything.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

You also disclosed...

Originally Posted by cgj454ss
The motor was at the machine shop getting checked out and refreshed to make sure the motor was perfect when he gets it.
...in post #2 of this thread. Apparently this was not done.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DSIM
You also disclosed...

...in post #2 of this thread. Apparently this was not done.
yes....also i ask him what he going to do with it. I informed Rich that i would NOT recommend a very high horsepower build. so lets let this thread die. It has been resolved.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

so lets let this thread die. It has been resolved.
Done.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Its not resolved, you didn't make it right. you never even had the guts to admit something was amiss after seeing the vid.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kllrvet
Its not resolved, you didn't make it right. you never even had the guts to admit something was amiss after seeing the vid.
lot of guts you have behind that keyboard. if you buy something from walmart and it doesnt work right...do you return it to kmart? i disclosed everything and a camera phone video doesnt mean anything. Your an idiot, you have no trader feed back and 41 posts on here. Your a nobody. get lost

Quick Reply: I got screwed out of over 5k by cjg454ss