Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

*I have a question*

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation *I have a question*

I sold a panel and shipped it out on November 5th and It turns out that FedEx somewhat damaged the paint. The guy sent me pics of the damage and I have pics I took of it before which was in PERFECT condition with no paint marks at all. This guy tells me that if I help him out that he won't give me negative feedback, but can I get a negative feedback if I shipped it in perfect condition? Should I be held accountable for the damages? I mean I'll help him because I feel bad, but he wants me to pay him $15 through paypal for his time and paypal fees, but I told him why don't I just send him the spray can I used OR send him $5 to buy a new can and not have to worry about fees. I do still have the PM's etc. and texts of our conversations. What should I do? I mean I prepped the panel, primered it, & painted it myself.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but if its not I apologize mods.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned Village Idiot

i would just pay the $15 and get over it... but if you don't want to pay i would just tell him to deal with fed ex since they fucked it up... they'll pay him more than $15... he'll claim $50 worth of damage im sure!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
i would just pay the $15 and get over it... but if you don't want to pay i would just tell him to deal with fed ex since they fucked it up... they'll pay him more than $15... he'll claim $50 worth of damage im sure!

I mean I just don't understand why the $15. I could understand sending him the paint can OR a $5 money order to avoid fees. I mean I'm an honest seller and If I wasn't then I wouldn't have gave him my cell #, made this post, or been negotiating with him.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How much did you sell it for? more than 50? If so just give him the 15 and get it over with.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm just going to give him $15
Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$15 is the right thing to do if the buyer will be happy. I would suggest the buyer giving you positive feedback before you send him the $15 so that you can rest assured it will be the end of it.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02cetransam
$15 is the right thing to do if the buyer will be happy. I would suggest the buyer giving you positive feedback before you send him the $15 so that you can rest assured it will be the end of it.

Yes, I just sent him the $15 just so he could be happy. I'll ask him now if he'll give me positive feedback.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so !!!!!!!!!!!! wer'e buying a positive feed back !!!!!!!!!! if it's damage in shipping and the pic's prove it ??????? sounds like a ransom to me, and with these post so far it sounds like your being honest about it, but you still feel compelled to buy a positive feed back, proably the paint code would be the only thing you need to do so the purchaser can buy another touch up can.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by billyb
so !!!!!!!!!!!! wer'e buying a positive feed back !!!!!!!!!! if it's damage in shipping and the pic's prove it ??????? sounds like a ransom to me, and with these post so far it sounds like your being honest about it, but you still feel compelled to buy a positive feed back, proably the paint code would be the only thing you need to do so the purchaser can buy another touch up can.
Well I think I should get a positive feedback anyway because I DO have pics to prove that the panel was in perfect shape before I shipped it. I also talked to him through PM's last night and asked if he would still give me positive feedback and he said he would because I did everything he asked. I could've just said "Well Its not my problem cause I have pics to prove that it was in perfect shape before I shipped it" instead I didn't want any problems AND I'm that kinda guy because if it happened to me I would feel happy that the seller helped me out.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You are not buying a positive feedback. You are resolving a problem with what sounds like someone who all he wants is money. Should you roll over and take it no. But is it worth hours of bullshit defending your name and point for 15 bucks? No.

You did the right thing.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
You are not buying a positive feedback. You are resolving a problem with what sounds like someone who all he wants is money. Should you roll over and take it no. But is it worth hours of bullshit defending your name and point for 15 bucks? No.

You did the right thing.
Thanks! No big deal really. I mean I'm an honest seller and I felt bad plus I'm not that kinda person. He gave me good feedback so we're both happy.