Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Nu-TekMotorsports Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did a lot of calling around when I looked to have someone fix my last 383 that blew up and I had always hated having anyone touch anything on the car. I always figured I could do it myself. Well I thought it would bet better to have someone else do it since that way if something weird happened again (I broke the front of a Callies crank off) that way at least someone would be there to back me up (Callies and Nick both helped out a ton on putting it back together!) Anyway...

I was down to MORE and NuTek to build this motor. One of the reason's I choose Nick was because he was within driving distance and had a ton of experiance with LT1 motors. So I called and emailed them a few times and we had went over what all was going to be done. I took the motor and what was left of the useable parts to him in Dec and went over everything one last time. He did not ask for money or credit card info at that time. Just what I wanted done. Now the only thing I can say bother'd me just a little bit was that it was suppose to be done in March....3 months to put a long block together....that way I could pick it up over spring break. I had called and no answer...and I left a few messages from time to time. But I didn't press it. Sometimes a few days or maybe even a week would go by before him or the girl there would call me back or if they had a question that we hadn't covered. Come middle of April...I pushed a little harder and I go the motor at the end of April....he helped me load it up. And we went over everything that was done and the final bill. Nick showed us around the shop, stopped and BS'd for a while. He was even going to pick up a guys entire car and redo some parts of the motor for him.......even longer story.......

Really cool guy, lotta good people working there. Nick had always told me if anything at any time ever goes wrong with the motor to call him and he would either take the motor back, or come get the entire car and fix it. (depending on what happened of course if he would pay for it or not).

He may not be the fastest person in the world....or want to pick up the phone all the time....but I can say one thing...he did do a damn good job on putting it together and it runs pretty damn strong for a LT1 car. (570/580 rwhp/rqtw at 4300rpm....ran outta fuel..I'll have final numbers come spring hopefully).

I have only heard of one other guy that had a lot of problems, and I just think he didn't give Nick enough time....and he did get his money back if I remember right. Biggest thing is time..and I think that is the case with any good motor shop.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LEThumper
He was even going to pick up a guys entire car and redo some parts of the motor for him.......even longer story.......
Yeah, that is Badhawk's (Jeff's) car.

112mph with a 396ci with a 700 lift cam is combo with problems. I'd like to see this get resolved ASAP I know that Jeff has hardy driven the car for a year.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I guess it was wasn't it.....that just jogged my memory a bit. I remember seeing it in the shop that day. Wanna say it was a oil pressure problem at that time? I just remember he had said that it was on the dyno at LS1Speed and then he went to pick it up. It was in there when I got my motor. Now the car I was talking about was, Pure Evil's motor.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

I e-mailed Nu-Tek again yesterday 12/15/03 and called again today and so far nothing no response here is my e-mail I sent yesterday.

Nick,

Again I have been trying to contact you unsuccessfully by phone and by e-mail why won't you respond? You agreed to come and pick up my car 2 weeks ago and fix the problem well you did not show up and I have not heard from you since. I need to know where you stand on my motor are you going to fix the problem? I need to know so that I know how to proceed with this matter. I've always been willing to work with you but I need this car running again before spring.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
I e-mailed Nu-Tek again yesterday 12/15/03 and called again today and so far nothing no response here is my e-mail I sent yesterday.

Nick,

Again I have been trying to contact you unsuccessfully by phone and by e-mail why won't you respond? You agreed to come and pick up my car 2 weeks ago and fix the problem well you did not show up and I have not heard from you since. I need to know where you stand on my motor are you going to fix the problem? I need to know so that I know how to proceed with this matter. I've always been willing to work with you but I need this car running again before spring.

Well its 12/18/03 2 more calls and still no response also no response to the this e-mail sent 12/15/03 I have tried everything and I can't get threw to this guy{Nick Norris Nu-Tek} and he will not respond to messages does anyone know a good attorney for this type of thing. I would like to settle this between us but how can you settle anything if the communication is one way. I will post until I get a response or if anyone knows of any good legal counsel please let me know.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

when nick built my 396 I emailed several times, he told me he was a slow typer (lol) and that calling was the best way to contact

sorry to hear about your probs, I'm curious as to the details

didn't pureevil have problems turning his over?
Old 12-20-2003, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by fast
when nick built my 396 I emailed several times, he told me he was a slow typer (lol) and that calling was the best way to contact

sorry to hear about your probs, I'm curious as to the details

didn't pureevil have problems turning his over?
Yes he did the last time Nick was up here to pick my car up he had to stop by Russ to pick up his motor also.

Nu-Tek has still failed to contact me full details to follow soon.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

BADHAWK51, if you wish you can contact me as I am about to start the legal process against Nu-Tek and Nick Norris. It is a long story and I don't wish to get into the details here as I don't type so well, but it amounts to I paid for a project in full back in April(over $12,000.00) for a motor and 12 bolt. I got the 12bolt but as of today have not gotten a motor. I was lucky and put the payment on a credit card and after filing a complaint with the credit card company got most of what Nu-Tek still owed me back(just over $9000.00 credit to the card). They(Nick) still have a 6.0L iron block a set of heads and various other parts(oil pan etc) that belong to me and a little over $1000.00 in cash. I emailed him time and time again and have left a number of voice messages and get NO response from him. I have warned him that I have contacted my lawyer and the local(Ky and Ohio) law enforcement and still get no response. Like you I would prefer to settle this as a one on one thing but Nick has given me no choice. He is having some financial and employee issues, but that is not my problem and I have been as patient as I can be.
Again if you wish you can contact me at 502-243-4846 and I will fill you in on the details. If I don't answer leave me a message and I will call you back asap.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:41 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Demon SS I will be in contact with you.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

If the problem is wide spread with stuff like this, get a class action suit going against him & Nu-Tek if he doesn't take care of the issues.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
If the problem is wide spread with stuff like this, get a class action suit going against him & Nu-Tek if he doesn't take care of the issues.
It looks as if this is probably the way to do it as of 12/26/03 still no returned calls or e-mails. I can see three or four days if you are really busy but weeks and months with no response unexceptable.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

i have ordered several parts from nick not long ago yes it takes some time for him to call back but in the end he took care of me and i will purchase lt1 parts from him again.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

and i will purchase lt1 parts from him again
Not if threads like this keep appearing.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by glitch77
Not if threads like this keep appearing.
No ****, this has no winners and sucks for both parties.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

I was over on the Impala SS board and they have had some of the same issues one guy had to drive 1200 miles because no one would return his calls or answer e-mails and he had 10,000 dollars on the line.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

For him not to get back to you for like 2-3 weeks is not good. Is he even working?
Old 12-29-2003, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

I am not sure if Nu-Tek is still working or not. I live about 250 miles away and my son Brad goes to Univ. Northwestern Ohio in Lima about 50 miles away. Since I have had some issues with Nu-Tek Brad has gone by there a number of times and has only found Nick there on 1 occassion. I have recovered most of my money but still have about $2500 in parts and cash he owes me. The guys who are having problems need to band together and persue this in the legal system very soon. I am going to see my son in a week or so and plan to stop at Nu-Tek then and try to resolve my issues, if I can't catch Nick then I plan to go see the police in Findlay,Oh.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Im the guy on the www.impalassforum.com that had to drive from FL all the way to OH just to see what the hell was going on with my motor, since Nick wouldnt return any of my calls/emails. Read about it HERE . If theres anyone else in the same situtation contact me a 772-571-8616. Ask for David.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I won't name names, but some shops have ended up like this, engines are not getting done and the shop does not call folks back or answer the phone.

These folks need to wake up. Not answering the phone or emails for a month has the net effect of folks thinking they are getting screwed or the shop is going out of business.

Customer service like this sucks BAD.

Badhawk's car runs like a turd and he can't Nick to get to him. As far as I am concerned Nick needs to FOCUS and get stuff done or go away.

If he's behind he needs to make a lot of the engines that need to get done, and he needs to get them completed.

Another bigger shop got caught up like this and they still owe folks money and/ or engines.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I won't name names, but some shops have ended up like this, engines are not getting done and the shop does not call folks back or answer the phone.
Why?

Seems like naming names is exactly what's needed in some of those cases.

Quick Reply: Nu-TekMotorsports Please Read!