Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Nu-TekMotorsports Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I won't name names, but some shops have ended up like this, engines are not getting done and the shop does not call folks back or answer the phone.

These folks need to wake up. Not answering the phone or emails for a month has the net effect of folks thinking they are getting screwed or the shop is going out of business.

Customer service like this sucks BAD.

Badhawk's car runs like a turd and he can't Nick to get to him. As far as I am concerned Nick needs to FOCUS and get stuff done or go away.

If he's behind he needs to make a lot of the engines that need to get done, and he needs to get them completed.

Another bigger shop got caught up like this and they still owe folks money and/ or engines.
John,

I have already contacted Demon SS about legal action against Nu-Tek if MexSSican or anyone else having problems with Nu-Tek would like to join together in a possible class acton law suit to resolve their problems feel free to contact me. I called Nick again leaving another message practicly begging him to call me and give me something, any type of an answer just to know if he is going to take care of business Friday and again nothing no response.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

I have already contacted Demon SS about legal action against Nu-Tek if MexSSican or anyone else having problems with Nu-Tek would like to join together in a possible class acton law suit to resolve their problems feel free to contact me.

I already have a lawyer in Findlay who has started on it...let me know if youd like his number to add your name to "the list"
Old 12-30-2003, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mexSSican
I already have a lawyer in Findlay who has started on it...let me know if youd like his number to add your name to "the list"
David
I called the lawyer in Findlay today, seems like a real straight up guy. Looks as if I'll be sending him my info on Monday.

Jeff
I'll give ya a call over the weekend fill ya in on what the lawyer had to say. David, I'll touch base with you also.

BTW I got an email from a guy on camaroz28 that I had contacted, but he is not yet ready to do the lawyer thing, but I don't think it will be long.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Demon SS
BTW I got an email from a guy on camaroz28 that I had contacted, but he is not yet ready to do the lawyer thing, but I don't think it will be long.
He should really wake up....we all HOPE we recieve everything we paid for...but at some point you have to realize its not gonna happen...and that point is now. Now is time when you have take a different course of action.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

update of some note. I got an email from Nu-Tek this am and he said that my stuff was on the way( 6.0L engine block, a set of bare heads and some other small parts) and actually provided a tracking number stuff is due today. If he sent what was agreed upon then he and I may be square. It is just some stock parts that I took to him that he is returning not a motor, but maybe he will get off the pot and take care of the other guys he has been jacking around.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Well, Scott Im happy for you if indeed you recieve everything that is owed to you...as for me, at this point I dont care if he showed up at my door with my motor in hand, I dont want it anymore. I want all my $$$ back plus interest. Ive lost all confidence in him and who knows what sort of junk parts he may have used to build it.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

David, I hear ya man, that is why I told him I did not want the motor from him as I no longer had confidence in what was going on up there and to just send me my stock parts back.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Definately ad me to your lawyers list. (Nick Norris Nu-tek) will not respond to me in any shape or form so I'm in for the ride now. I'am willing to do what it takes to resolve the situation and go to every board on the Internet to see if this is happening to anyone else and I will be informing them of this situation at hand.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Demon SS
update of some note. I got an email from Nu-Tek this am and he said that my stuff was on the way( 6.0L engine block, a set of bare heads and some other small parts) and actually provided a tracking number stuff is due today. If he sent what was agreed upon then he and I may be square. It is just some stock parts that I took to him that he is returning not a motor, but maybe he will get off the pot and take care of the other guys he has been jacking around.
Scott glad to here your stuff is on the way keep me posted if it actually arrives. I'm happy that one of us is not totally screwed.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

my stuff arrived and I have picked it up and I got my stock parts back at least,Nick still owes me a little over $1000.00 in cash so I will still be sending that lawyer my information and pursueing(spl?) it that way.

I started this project a year ago and since things did not work out with Nu-Tek it will work out better for me, we(my sons and I) have obtained access to a flow bench and and a Serdi seat and guide machine and do some killer hand porting and polishing of cylinder heads, mostly LS1 heads. and we are going to do the motor ourselves now that Brad(youngest son) has access to a full performance machine shop, so we will save some money.

Still that does not absolve Nick from what he has done in our(yours,davids, mine and who knows who else) cases.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

I have contacted mexSSican lawyer and left a message I guess it's wait and see now. I still have heard nothing from Nu-Tek.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Teching In

I have had a very similar expirience with Nick.

I was in on one of the first GP with Cz28.com

I had Nick build me a 383 shortblock.

I asked Nick on how long it would take to do the Job, he said around 3 weeks.

6 months later my motor was ready. grrr. I was content as long as everything was done properly.

The motor was extremely tight. Over 70lbs to turn it over by hand.

Nick came and picked up the motor when he dropped badhawks car off.

Nick re-assembled the entire longblock and shipped it back. Said nothing was wrong and charged me 50% of the cost. The motor now turned over with just under 40lbs by hand. Hmm.

The car still has some issues, right now valvetrain. Nick was supossed to set up the springs to have around 170lbs of pressure on the seat. They have around 120. Nick also recommended new valves that were longer, because my valves had some issues, I told him to go ahead. Nick did not put a longer pushrod in the motor so these pushrods are short.

The car on the dyno makes good power up to about 5,000 and then drops off. Its being gone over right now and the valvetrain issues squared away.

Made around 515rwhp@5,000 with 10 lbs of boost(s-trim) through a t400 and 9"

Once these last issues are squared up, it looks like the car will make the power it should.

Based on the lenghty wait, and the tight motor issues, and now valvetrain issues, I will not be doing business with nu-tek again.

Nick has alot of positives, but unfortunately the negatives are hurting his business. I hope he can wake up to the issues and own up to his mistakes.

Good luck to all...

Russ
Old 01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Latest up-date,

Nu-Tek has still not contacted me and I have not heard anything yet from the lawyer. I have been checking around and it sounds like it could cost me anywhere from 2000.00 to 3000.00 dollars for someone else to go threw the motor to see what's wrong.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Jeff, give me a yell and I'll see what I can do for ya!

BTW folks I was talking to Callies today about some stuff and the subject of Nu-Tek came up breifly and the guy at Callies said he heard Nick(Nu-Tek) was having some problems. That was as far as that conversation went on the topic, but I thought it was an interesting comment. Nu-Tek used to do a lot of business with Callies as they are right down the street from them.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Can you believe this!?!?! I just heard that someone recently (as in with 2 weeks) just dropped of a block and $4k+ to Nick. He doesnt have time to send me my shiat...but he find time to receive someone elses money.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Can you believe this!?!?! I just heard that someone recently (as in with 2 weeks) just dropped of a block and $4k+ to Nick. He doesnt have time to send me my shiat...but he find time to receive someone elses money.
David I have not heard anything from him either.

ProStockJohn can you keep this thread at the top for awhile so that this guy don't rip anyone else off.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Well, well....I just got call from another of Nicks "unsatisfied" customers.... so that makes 5 people in our "little club" and 1 soon to join (see my above post). I sat down and starting doing a little math...

Person 1: $12,500.00
Person 2: $11,500.00
Person 3: $ 3,000.00
Person 4: $ 4,000.00
Person 5: $ 4,500.00
Person 6: $ 4,500.00 (soon to be)

GRAND TOTAL = $40,000 !!!! That we have given him and we get the big FU in return

Im sure theres more people out there in the same situation as us that we dont know about.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

I have been meaning to add some more to this thread, but have been tied up in some planning meetings concerning the growth of FFHP.

I got lucky (more or less) and have to date gotten all of my money or property back except for $1120.00 in cash. My company has grown more than expected in the last year and we are now doing our own motor and other stuff

I have a friend who called me a few days ago after he heard I had some problems with Nu-Tek, his story is that he took his motor(stock bottom end) and about $4500.00 in cash up to Nu-Tek to get a 396ci stroker done about 2 weeks ago (now about 3 weeks) and it was after he had taken the motor and money up to Nick that he heard about all of the problems and wanted some advice on what to do. I told him my story along with short versions of some of the other ones and told him to try to get his money and parts back right now and I would get the motor done for him or guide him to a solid reputable engine builder. I haven't heard for him so don't know how thigs are going with that situation, but doubt it will end well. I'll keep ya updated as I hear back from my friend.

I am no legal expert but if someone owes me money/service/merchandise and will not deliver but is continuing to do business with others well to me that seems like theft by deception. I don't know just a thought.

David thanks for the call and the update the other day.

Jeff(BadHawk51) give me a call if ya want and I will fill ya in on the current poop if ya haven't already talked to David.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

David thanks for the call and the update the other day.
NO prob Scott we gotta help each other out and informed in these kinds of situations I wish you the best of luck in your growing business, keep up the good work I'll certainly be giving you a call once I get my CTS-V

BTW: Thanks for the help with the TT kit, but it SOLD...just waiting for the check to come in
Old 02-22-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

any up date from any one on this?

Quick Reply: Nu-TekMotorsports Please Read!