Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

sschoeffler sold me a T-56 with a cracked JB welded case

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sschoeffler sold me a T-56 with a cracked JB welded case

I finally got my car put otgether far enough to put the trans in a T-56 i bought from sschoeffler out of Oklahoma so I get it in the car and notice what I thought was grease on the case turns out it is JB wled over a crack that is from the inside out!! I paid 1200.00 for the trans plus the shipping now I am screwed and have to deal with this plus find another T56! I sent him a PM yesterday he was on last night but did not reply to me so here we are! YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT SSCHOEFFLER
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

File a PayPal dispute ASAP.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

he didn't say he paid with paypal/
Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought it from him off this site in May of last year recieved it in June opened the shipping box to verify it was all there which it was put the top back on the box thinking I now had a good trans for my project...fast forward I get the motor built and put the trans in the car two weeks ago and find the JB weld on the case...I am screwed
Old 03-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While he may have been in the wrong - it's your responsibility to inspect what you bought as soon as you get it. You can NEVER assume anything when it comes to car parts for this exact reason. Not saying your ill feelings aren't justified, but you're a fair amount late on reacting and I don't think there is much that can come from this. Too much time has passed to react efficiently.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Not trying to justify his actions. But does a cracked case effect the operation of the item? I have welded a few tranny cases for friends in the past and they used them without issue. While I understand he didnt weld it, if its sealed and not falling apart, could the item not be used?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nauticalstar2012
Not trying to justify his actions. But does a cracked case effect the operation of the item? I have welded a few tranny cases for friends in the past and they used them without issue. While I understand he didnt weld it, if its sealed and not falling apart, could the item not be used?
possibly a weak point. also, the fact he wasn't told about the crack in the first place maybe.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got on to check my PMs and wow...I really dont know what to say...I know I have not JB welded the transmissions together nor have I ever. Matter of fact...I hate JB Weld... 11 months have went by since I sold it. I asked him in a PM if the box had look like it was opened prior to him receiving it and I also thought I packaged it pretty well. As far as it being cracked I also had no knowledge of it. I know I am the one that packaged it up for him so it wouldn't have been a third party on my end that would have done it.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not taking a side here but the OP might be SOL since a year has gone by
Old 03-03-2010, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

X2..should've looked at it.
Not takin sides either, but it's the truth.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good points from the peanut gallery but the fact is he sold me the trans and representing it as a good onewith no issues ie NO defects and works properly

I was in the process of gathering parts to finish my car when I bought the trans, the trans arrived I opend the box checked it out and it looked OK at that point no shipping damage however, it was very dirty. When I was ready to assemble the car I washed the trans off on the ground strapped it on the trans jack and stuck it in the car. Once it was bolted up I wiped down the bottom of the trans and found the DIRTY JB weld which was peeling off!

The crack is buldged from the INSIDE out not from a hit in shipping something INSIDE the trans made contact with the case. Did this happen then the trans was fixed and run before sschoeffler got it...who knows but I am not willing to risk it with the HP my car will make. I am not attacking sshoeffler as being a shady guy I just want this made right...if the roles were reversed I would make it right no question.

Regardless of the time gone by the trans has not been used by me other than bolting it into my car which does not run yet! At best I have a core which is worth 500.00

I am out 1200.00 for a 500.00 trans....how can that be right?

sschoeffler needs to man up and figure out how to make this right
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 68 SS
sschoeffler needs to man up and figure out how to make this right
After seein a comment like that if it was me I would tell you to **** off and cry to someone who cares.

If you would've ASKED him to assist you in it then you might have gotten a better result. Since you want to come in here DEMANDING results I'll be glad to tell you that the peanut gallery will give you some nice ones back.

The guy didn't know it was messed up..that's the chance you take with buying used parts. You want perfect then go buy brand new.
He has no legal liability. It's up to him to assist you, I'd be suprised if he does at this point.

How bout you man up and be the first to make it right..quit bitchin on here and go fix YOUR problem.

And the peanut gallery comments are weak..if you are posting a thread here to call BS..then expect your BS flag to be pulled when you are in the wrong.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
MASS seller approved

in all honesty even if he would have noticed at first idk what would have happened i dont know who ss let fix that tranny or what but i know a guy local to us "fixes/builds" T56's for 250+parts and jb weld sounds like something he would use just my opinion good luck to the OP
Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Ok my last post in this discussion. I KNOW I didnt JB weld that transmission. I KNOW it worked fine when I sent it. I have no idea what has happened to the transmission in the past 11 months he has had it but I have offered to help pay to have it tig welded. The money he paid me is long gone, I dont have the money to pay him back, and if I did I probably wouldnt refund it simply because there has been 11 months of history that I have no idea what has gone on. I can go outside right now and destroy a T-56. All that is required is a good set of stickies. Motor is built and procharged with a narrowed Ford 9" rear, so either the tranny would blow or the driveshaft would break on a 6000 RPM clutch dump.
I have tried working with the guy and he keeps telling me to make it right, I have offered what I can do, not sure what else he is expecting of me and if its paying him $1400 well thats out of the question...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by sschoeffler
Ok my last post in this discussion. I KNOW I didnt JB weld that transmission. I KNOW it worked fine when I sent it. I have no idea what has happened to the transmission in the past 11 months he has had it but I have offered to help pay to have it tig welded. The money he paid me is long gone, I dont have the money to pay him back, and if I did I probably wouldnt refund it simply because there has been 11 months of history that I have no idea what has gone on. I can go outside right now and destroy a T-56. All that is required is a good set of stickies. Motor is built and procharged with a narrowed Ford 9" rear, so either the tranny would blow or the driveshaft would break on a 6000 RPM clutch dump.
I have tried working with the guy and he keeps telling me to make it right, I have offered what I can do, not sure what else he is expecting of me and if its paying him $1400 well thats out of the question...
ya in this situation your doing the right thing to offer to have it welded more than i would do lol esp 11 months later thats one of those things that he should have checked better and i wasnt saying you personally put jb weld on it but did you ever have a shop or someone local rebuild it or reinstall it by chance?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

This is the point where you walk away from it.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Agreed, with the HP? the car is putting out comment to the OP, how much can it be that you put a used T56 in it? Sounds liek your trying to save money and it bit you in the *** this time. Waiting that amount of time to calls omeone out is just plain stupid and if you expect your money back or really any money back thats pretty funny. He offered to help pay to have it welded. Take it or leave it.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

well, i would have inspected it from the beginning.. and it has been almost a year...
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
ya in this situation your doing the right thing to offer to have it welded more than i would do lol esp 11 months later thats one of those things that he should have checked better and i wasnt saying you personally put jb weld on it but did you ever have a shop or someone local rebuild it or reinstall it by chance?
I bought it from a buddy as a spare T-56. I know it worked when I bought it, he was wanting to go with an automatic and bought a Performabuilt level 2. I moved it around in the garage a time or two but the transmission was on a dolly so it just rolled around. To my knowledge he never JB welded anything on that transmission and I didn't see any when we loaded it in my truck. Also from my knowledge he never had that transmission in a shop, hell it didn't have that many miles on it. I sold the transmission because I seen that he was wanting one. At the time I had also been looking at Procharger kits. So I figured hmm, if it sells I'll turn my 408 build into a blown 408 since I already had a set of JE blower pistons. So that's exactly what I did. I still haven't got a quote on what its going to cost to have it tig welded or even if he wants to go down that road. Hell I haven't even seen pictures of it yet.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
MASS seller approved

I bought it from a buddy as a spare T-56. I know it worked when I bought it, he was wanting to go with an automatic and bought a Performabuilt level 2. I moved it around in the garage a time or two but the transmission was on a dolly so it just rolled around. To my knowledge he never JB welded anything on that transmission and I didn't see any when we loaded it in my truck. Also from my knowledge he never had that transmission in a shop, hell it didn't have that many miles on it. I sold the transmission because I seen that he was wanting one. At the time I had also been looking at Procharger kits. So I figured hmm, if it sells I'll turn my 408 build into a blown 408 since I already had a set of JE blower pistons. So that's exactly what I did. I still haven't got a quote on what its going to cost to have it tig welded or even if he wants to go down that road. Hell I haven't even seen pictures of it yet.
true atleast you offered to help more than what id do but he seems to be acting childish by saying make this right over and over id send him 50$ and say leave me the f_ck alone

Quick Reply: sschoeffler sold me a T-56 with a cracked JB welded case