Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of scam - ProSkeetPimp

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of scam - ProSkeetPimp

I needed to buy an engine because mine spun a bearing. I looked on here and found what I thought to be a good deal. Here is a link to the thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-c...trans-ect.html. I paypaled the sellers brother the money on Friday, March 5th with the agreement that he would send the engine out on the following Monday. The reason he had me paypal his brother's account was because he didn't have one of his own and he thought it would be easier that way.

The engine was not sent out the following Monday. Tuesday came and still it wasn't shipped. I called to see what was going on and he had said that "a family member was in the hospital". Me, being a nice guy, said that was fine and agreed with him to have it shipped by Thursday. Thursday came, and it was STILL not shipped. I called him again to find out why and he had said that "the family member had passed away". He then said that he would paypal me the money that I sent him back Friday night. Friday passed - no money. I called and got no answer and left a message.

Saturday came and still no money. I called him again and of course he didn't pick up. I tried his brother, whom I sent the money to via paypal. He didn't pick up either so I left him a message saying that if I didn't have the money in my account, I would have to put up a dispute on Paypal. I ended up disputing the issue since I did not recieve payment.

The seller contacted me that night, all upset, and promised to ship the motor out Monday, March 15th. He did not. I called him once again to find out why and he didn't answer. So I escalated the dispute to a claim. Then, he calls me Tuesday night and says that he will send me the money via a certified bank check. He said that it would be sent out on Wednesday and have the highest priorty shipping which means that it should be here by today. Well its not.

I just called him now and of course he doesn't answer so I decided to post this up on here to warn anyone that wants to buy anything from him. This has been extremely rediculous! I am out $1500 until paypal resolves the claim or this ******* paypal's me the money back.

Don't attempt to buy anything from this fool unless you want to get royally shafted without lube.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Real shitty. Hope you get this resolved.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

To make matters worse, I've put a down payment on an engine for sale on here by a member. I expected to have my money returned by now so that I could pay the rest of the money for the other member's engine but now I can't. I don't understand why there are ******** in the world that do this ****.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

ProSkeetPimp Should've been the first red flag. All seriousness though man, that sucks. There's a lot of pieces of **** in this world.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, you're right. However, I needed an engine immediately and I saw this one for sale and thought it was a pretty good one so I went with it without giving much thought.

Does anyone have experience with these Paypal claims? I filed a dispute first but escalated it to a claim in which the seller has 10 days to make contact. 10 days will be up on the 26th so what is the turn-around time for getting my money back, assuming he doesn't respond?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

zippo nada zero chance. If he has no cash in the account you will win but get nothing in return. If he has $1 in their that is what paypal will give you and you will have to wait for the rest. He stalled you to get the funds out of paypal so they cant call it back or freeze his account.

This is why paypal sucks! If you cant get it locally or find somebody you know local to the item to pick it up then dont buy it. Nobody can be trusted at all.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99Zeeeeeeeeee28
Yeah, you're right. However, I needed an engine immediately and I saw this one for sale and thought it was a pretty good one so I went with it without giving much thought.

Does anyone have experience with these Paypal claims? I filed a dispute first but escalated it to a claim in which the seller has 10 days to make contact. 10 days will be up on the 26th so what is the turn-around time for getting my money back, assuming he doesn't respond?
Every PayPal claim has turned out positive for me.I learned that you need to file your dispute right away so that PayPal can freeze the sellers account until you have recieved your parts.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robsls1
zippo nada zero chance. If he has no cash in the account you will win but get nothing in return. If he has $1 in their that is what paypal will give you and you will have to wait for the rest. He stalled you to get the funds out of paypal so they cant call it back or freeze his account.

This is why paypal sucks! If you cant get it locally or find somebody you know local to the item to pick it up then dont buy it. Nobody can be trusted at all.
Great. This is not what I wanted to hear. How can I get my money back from this scumbag? Small claims court? I have ALL of the messages and voicemails that he left me.

Thank you guys for the information, by the way.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been my exact experience. Paypal sucks soooo bad!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Well, FINALLY got in contact with the guy. I just called him and left him a message, basically saying that I have all evidence I need and that I will escalate this to a small claims court if the money doesn't show up soon. About 5 minutes later, I get a call from him. He said that he told me that he was sending the check out Friday, which is not what he said originally. He had told me at first that it would be sent out last Wednesday and would BE here by Friday. I tried to tell him that that is not what he told me originally and he just hung up so I didn't even get a chance to get a tracking number.

I hope it shows up tomorrow or my lawyer will be getting a call...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Teching In

To make matters worse, I've put a down payment on an engine for sale on here by a member. I expected to have my money returned by now so that I could pay the rest of the money for the other member's engine but now I can't. I don't understand why there are ******** in the world that do this ****.
I feel your pain man. Words can't even explain.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Teching In

A lot can be trusted. But, it's the ******** like him and nubby1 that makes it bad for the rest. Just like the guy that's trying to sell the brand new shocks for $580.00. I want them, but I just can't take another chance on somebody with no trader rating or someone that I haven't bought from before. And everytime I don't do trader rating. But he has none and I'm not taking another chance.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

where is this loser from ?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmike9396
where is this loser from ?
Ocala Florida. Name is William Edgar I believe.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

oh i though if he was from nc i might make a visit and c what was up but a little out of my territory lol
Old 03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the offer lol. I just hope I get the money tomorrow. I just want to be able to drive my car in this freakin' gorgeous weather.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

lol just be glad u have one im pimping a 89 celica lol but im on the hunt for a SS or TA ls1 or course

Thanks for the offer lol. I just hope I get the money tomorrow. I just want to be able to drive my car in this freakin' gorgeous weather.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Well you seemed to get his attention with the threat of small claims court. This douche bag should be handed an *** beating for being an *** hat. That and because the longer this draws out the longer your car is in my cars sleeping quarters lol. If you don't get the motor out Wednesday lmk and I'll see what Saturday is looking like and give a hand if I can.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

If and when you get that check...you MUST take it and get it cashed ASAP if it a certified check all he has to do is go the place he got pay $30 and get his money back..All he has to say is that he lost it...and they put a stop payment on it! GOOD LUCK
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSmiley1906
Well you seemed to get his attention with the threat of small claims court. This douche bag should be handed an *** beating for being an *** hat. That and because the longer this draws out the longer your car is in my cars sleeping quarters lol. If you don't get the motor out Wednesday lmk and I'll see what Saturday is looking like and give a hand if I can.
Thanks bud! I won't have anyone to help me drop the engine out Wednesday but I'm going to attempt it on my own. I'll let you know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Ferg95 T/A
If and when you get that check...you MUST take it and get it cashed ASAP if it a certified check all he has to do is go the place he got pay $30 and get his money back..All he has to say is that he lost it...and they put a stop payment on it! GOOD LUCK
Thank you for the information. I will have it cashed immediately, if it ever comes.

Which by the way, the check did not come today. Figures. We'll see tomorrow but I doubt the bastard sent it.

Quick Reply: Beware of scam - ProSkeetPimp