Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of smok'nZ!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk96406
Whatever, man. Im done, made my point. Best of luck to ya-
I'm with you. This is not worth the time...
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God damn, I missed some drama. You gonna be home on lunch today Andrew, still not sure if the camera will be here at work as we are shipping several vessels out this week & the shop foreman had it last I knew of. But I can come by & look at the wheels & inspect the damage being spoken of.

For what its worth people on here who know me know I'm no liar & have no reason to lie. Hell I've never even had a deal go anywhere near sour on here thank god. I'll go look at the wheels as a third party & report back what I find.

I will say this with 100% faith weather the seller or anyone else who has chimed in wants to believe it or not, Andrew would NOT damage a item after recieving it. I have known him for a few years now & seen all the parts he has bought & sold. He is not a scammer as being accused of as far as I know. I have never known him to be anyway.

I'm sorry I couldn't get a good camera over to him so he could get better pics. But to be honest I have seen him recieve products not as described several times. Including a set of drag wheels with dents in them that the seller never mentioned. It is very possible for items to be damaged in shipping no matter what company used especially if not packaged properly.

I'll check it all out & report back & if I can get the camera I'll have pics to post as well. I'm not taking a side here but since I'm local & can swing by to see whats goin on I'm offering my time & eyes to check it all out.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

OK guys, here is my report back. I do not know the full extent of all the transaction details but here is what I noticed.

Driver side front:
Everything looks good except a spot on the lip that appears to be a thin scratch possibly all the way thru the chrome. I told Andrew it could be a mark from the previous owner having a new tire mounted at some time & the tire tech was sloppy. Easily could have been overlooked before sale but none the less there is a scratch.

Driver side rear:
Everything looked great to me with the rim itself. The tire is completely bald but that could have already been discussed between them proir to sell. They can clear this up.

Passanger side front:
First thing I noticed was a "chip" out of the chrome on one of the spokes. And it definetly goes all the way thru to the raw aluminum below the chrome plating. Next thing I noticed was a obvious flat spot that looked to be the full width of the tire. IMO it looks like someone slammed on the brakes at some point causing the flat spot. No other place on the tire would lead me to thinnk anything else could cause this.

Passanger side rear:
Noticed the wheel does indeed have some curb rash. Very minnor compared to some I have seen before but once again there is indeed some rash. Besides the tire being bald there is also obvious scaring in the sidewall where you can see that it was curbed and there is a chunk loose as well. Its not completely torn off yet but very noticeable.

This is what I noticed.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
MASS seller approved

thanks mike maybe this will help the opinion of all the people thinking im trying to get some wheels for free
Old 04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

If you are unhappy with your purchase work out an agreement like adults, send them back and get a refund.

Last edited by bigboykilroy; 04-10-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
thanks mike maybe this will help the opinion of all the people thinking im trying to get some wheels for free
How about this. Quit bitching. If you don't like the ******* wheels, send them back to him, get your money back, and get some other wheels. From what I have seen, FadedSS has done everything he can to oblige you. You're not happy with what you have, so send them back if it's that bad. Otherwise, forget about it.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

I have worked for FED EX for 3 yrs,I have delivered alot of rims,tires,heads etc..The packages get handled by alot of people before they reach their destination.It is very possible that they were damaged during shipping.He did purchase insurance on the wheels,therfore you need to file a damage claim with FED EX.Here is my question for the person who bought the wheels,what was the condition of the boxes when they were delivered?
Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 AM
MASS seller approved

**** everyone in here you all dont know **** espically powershift 408 i paid 625 for 4 rims and one tire so **** you and **** everyone who thinks im trying to scam someone
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

625 is a great price for those wheels stop being a jerk off you sound like a 12 year old. Those are c5 z06 wheels dammit!
I just sold some NON CHROME C5 y2K wheels with shitty mismatched tires and one wheel had rash other had scratches for 250 bucks and a set of zr1s with decent treaded 275/17's!! I was going to take 550 cash.
Y2k wheels are def not worth as much as z06's. You sir got a great deal stop crying.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

Ok, so lets forget that you got a great deal to begin with. I mean why should we even think about that?

Here's why you're an *******.

THE GUY INSURED THE WHEELS

He did all he could to make sure it'd get to you with no problems and all you want is a refund. A logical person would have gone the insurance route.

Why do you think it took more days for the 4th wheel to arrive? Maybe it fell off a truck somewhere? Maybe it got stuck in a machine, who knows. IT DOESN"T MATTER - he insured the rims, at least TRY using it.

Also - who the **** cannot afford a good camera these days? Hell you can get a 3.2 mp camera for less than 50 bucks.

The fact that you have no posted pictures SCREAMS scammer to me. Here's an idea...got any friends or family? ONE of them has to have a camera, or just go buy one with your 75 dollar refund.

725 shipped for 4 rims without tires isn't that bad of a deal..... if he told you only one tire out of 4 was in good shape and you don't have the cash to buy 3 new tires I DONT KNOW WHY YOU EVEN BOUGHT THEM>
Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
**** everyone in here you all dont know **** espically powershift 408 i paid 625 for 4 rims and one tire so **** you and **** everyone who thinks im trying to scam someone
Especially me? If you knew ****, you would've bought a new set from OE wheels for $600 less tires. Good call on your part.

Regardless, when I'm not happy with something I buy, I return it. You getting on here complaining makes you look like an idiot.

Whether or not you handled the situation correctly, the way you're representing yourself on here is giving off the perception that you're in the wrong.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM
MASS seller approved

i gave up on this a while ago but im just gonna keep the rims and when i sell them ill put detailed pics up but i dont see what pics of this are gonna prove mike described what they looked like he said they were mint i already bought rear tires for them and now i need to go buy one front and to be honest i could give a **** less about the wheels right now im in the middle of a rear end swap,intake install, and putting some heads on my car so looks are not as important

+my 120 postive trader rating isnt hurting over his 1 negative

Last edited by smok'nZ; 04-21-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Beware of smok'nZ!