Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

$50 Granatelli Lids on EBAY....USE EXTREME CAUTION.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to give one a shot, I'll repost after I install. There is no way it can fit worse than an MTI clear lid a guy tried on my car the other day
Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fireredz28
Im going to give one a shot, I'll repost after I install. There is no way it can fit worse than an MTI clear lid a guy tried on my car the other day
MTI - invented (came up with the idea) air lid. MTI should fit. SLP purchased lids from Granatelli for a long while then just copied it. Others have come and gone.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

thats weird. i've got a granatelli lid that just came in on a parts car and it looks nothing like the lid above. fits and functions great. at least they offered to work with you, thats more than i can say for alot of the other unhappy customers with other companys
Old 02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by andrew69_04
thats weird. i've got a granatelli lid that just came in on a parts car and it looks nothing like the lid above. fits and functions great. at least they offered to work with you, thats more than i can say for alot of the other unhappy customers with other companys
Thanks -
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recieved a Granatelli Lid from Jegs today. Looked worse than the one pictured, but in the same ways that one was terrible. Talk about disappointed. The bottom side is not completely smooth. Has dips in it like someone drop something hot into it and melted a pit into it the size of my thumb. The sides and lip look like somebody made them with a dremel tool and a sanding wheel by hand. Both sides are different thickness and don't even match. The neck bent down so sharply that it hit the radiator shroud and would not allow the tabs to slip in. So I had to do my own dremeling. I used a dremel and sanded down the thick sides and front lip so that the lid would actually fit over the filter. Then I had to grind and sand down the bottom of the back neck and with a little elbow grease I got tabs to slide in and lock it down. The only other problem is, I thought I would never get the MAF to fit into the neck of the lid. Had to latch the lid down, lay on top the lid and use both arms to get it to slide on. The bottom of the lids neck is pressed so tightly into the radiator shroud that I had to pry on it to get the hose clamp under it. I am too lazy to send it back. I have heard about people getting bad Granatelli Lids on Ebay, but not from Jegs. For the record, this was fitting it on a completely stock engine down to the paper filter. Next time I will spend a little more and probably get an SLP.

Last edited by 88gtman; 03-03-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88gtman
I just recieved a Granatelli Lid from Jegs today. Looked worse than the one pictured, but in the same ways that one was terrible. Talk about disappointed. The bottom side is not completely smooth. Has dips in it like someone drop something hot into it and melted a pit into it the size of my thumb. The sides and lip look like somebody made them with a dremel tool and a sanding wheel by hand. Both sides are different thickness and don't even match. The neck bent down so sharply that it hit the radiator shroud and would not allow the tabs to slip in. So I had to do my own dremeling. I used a dremel and sanded down the thick sides and front lip so that the lid would actually fit over the filter. Then I had to grind and sand down the bottom of the back neck and with a little elbow grease I got tabs to slide in and lock it down. The only other problem is, I thought I would never get the MAF to fit into the neck of the lid. Had to latch the lid down, lay on top the lid and use both arms to get it to slide on. The bottom of the lids neck is pressed so tightly into the radiator shroud that I had to pry on it to get the hose clamp under it. I am too lazy to send it back. I have heard about people getting bad Granatelli Lids on Ebay, but not from Jegs. For the record, this was fitting it on a completely stock engine down to the paper filter. Next time I will spend a little more and probably get an SLP.
Granatelli made the lids for SLP - Sorry for your mishap. It should be noted that Granatelli has not sold lids for 3 years other then the blem on Ebay. I am surprised you just recently purchased a Granatelli lid from Jegs.. None the less - I wish you would have called before hand. I bet after you drive your car for a week or 2, the next time you check it, it will all fit perfect. There is a give amount of shrinkage when the parts come off the mold
Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Granatelli made the lids for SLP - Sorry for your mishap. It should be noted that Granatelli has not sold lids for 3 years other then the blem on Ebay. I am surprised you just recently purchased a Granatelli lid from Jegs.. None the less - I wish you would have called before hand. I bet after you drive your car for a week or 2, the next time you check it, it will all fit perfect. There is a give amount of shrinkage when the parts come off the mold
Will see. Just disappointed in the quality. Not at all what I was expecting. If Granatelli hasn't sold lids for 3 yrs then where are all the ones for sale on the web coming from. The lids are still on the site if you want to check into it. Don't really no what else to say. I will give it a few weeks and see if anything changes with the fitment. It was definately sloppy looking quality though.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 88gtman
Will see. Just disappointed in the quality. Not at all what I was expecting. If Granatelli hasn't sold lids for 3 yrs then where are all the ones for sale on the web coming from. The lids are still on the site if you want to check into it. Don't really no what else to say. I will give it a few weeks and see if anything changes with the fitment. It was definately sloppy looking quality though.
I agree - sorry
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

I got around to installing my lid the other day from ebay. It was a tight fit but I didnt have to grind anything and the lid itself on the bottom side didnt look bad at all. Overall im satisfied with it. Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fireredz28
I got around to installing my lid the other day from ebay. It was a tight fit but I didnt have to grind anything and the lid itself on the bottom side didnt look bad at all. Overall im satisfied with it. Thanks
Win some and ......
Old 03-14-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought one on friday, should have it here this week to do the lid swap with it, will post results
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Just got mine in, also a very snug fit on the filter, definitely takes some force. Granatelli stated they were blems on the first page. The outside looks good and the underside is smooth. The underside looks like the first pic but its a brand new lid for 50 bucks, and that cut by the back is over the seal of the filter. So IMO people need to realize they got a good deal and let it go.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
Just got mine in. The outside looks good and the underside is smooth. IMO people need to realize they got a good deal and let it go.
Thank you
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I purchased the lid in the pic from the OP

frankly it looked like it was made by a blindfolded drunken monkey humping a disc grinder. If I were to guess, I'd say it was taken out of the mold way too soon and warped/shrank severely. Seeing this, someone tried to 'fix' it with a bench grinder, said 'fk it' and sold it cheap on eBay

a few hours with an oven, heat gun, and sander with 220 grit paper, I made it look better than new and it fits/seals as good, if not better than the factory lid

I will say this - its far thicker and uses a much higher quality plastic/abs than some other lids I've worked with
Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VinR1
a few hours with an oven, heat gun, and sander with 220 grit paper, I made it look better than new and it fits/seals as good, if not better than the factory lid

I will say this - its far thicker and uses a much higher quality plastic/abs than some other lids I've worked with
got any pics
Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Heres a top pic of mine. I honestly think you guys need to calm the f down, the area that is jagged is over where the filter seal where you never see it. It seals well.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

got any pics
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...9-lt1-lid.html
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

got any pics
I guess that is what i get for asking thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

It might be cheap but that lid looks like hell.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VinR1
I purchased the lid in the pic from the OP

frankly it looked like it was made by a blindfolded drunken monkey humping a disc grinder. If I were to guess, I'd say it was taken out of the mold way too soon and warped/shrank severely. Seeing this, someone tried to 'fix' it with a bench grinder, said 'fk it' and sold it cheap on eBay

What I find funny is that a "blindfolded drunken monkey humping a disc grinder" could make a lid but you cant, hence why you bought one.

i had one on my old car and it looked warped but it fit right and sealed right. I havnt seen a better one. Some of the SLP lids hit the hood. I think that you people will bitch about anything, but if you dont like it then why dont you make one better.

BTW whats up JR. long tome no talk.

Quick Reply: $50 Granatelli Lids on EBAY....USE EXTREME CAUTION.