Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever heard of Bubble wrap?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BOTTOM LINE is: YOU did not package them good enough. Otherwise there wouldn't be any problem. Whatever you THINK was good enough, well, IT WASNT.

So now help this guy get some value out of the thing that you did not package correctly.

Here's some tips:

Thick cardboard box ? Ok good!
Paper as filler? Nooo very bad.
One piece of cardboard between the two heads? Are you joking?

I will NEVER understand the Level of incompetence I see here on this board over and over when it comes to shipping things.

If i were to ship some heads..

I'd do one of two things:

1. Place them on a flat board, with 2 or 3 layers of bubble wrap between the head and the board (head placed in a plastic bag) then I'd tape it to the board like 100% on the ends and in the middle so that it COULD NOT MOVE.

2. I'd place something soft between the head and the board and I'd nail/screw it into the board.

You could also crate them up.

Either way, moral of story, YOU FUCKED up - so please fix it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Launching!

THIS SIDE UP
THIS SIDE UP
..tends to work along with good packing...

Hate to hear of thing like this. We sell and buy on here to get some money back and to get good deals and not have EGAY charge us all those fees..

hope it all works out..
Old 02-27-2011, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used to work for a company like UPS when I was in college. It was RPS which became FedEx Ground. I can tell you that during the sort at our terminal, packages that had a split box were often retaped or reboxed. Judging by some of the knuckleheads I worked with, I wouldn't be surprised that someone reboxed these and just tossed them in there with some packing paper. That sort of thing happens all the time. I know it doesn't help either party but just FYI.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Launching!

^^^^ This is what we think happened, dropped, damaged, reboxed as mike described differt packing than what i know was in it. I recieved some heads from TEA and they had way less packing than what i shipped mikes heads in but there was no damage to them in any way, had they been i would have been at the ups store the next morning pereod. They were just mishandled somewhere down the line who, where, or how i dont know. I have told mike i hate that they were damaged but something clearly happend from point A to point B with the heads.
Paypal did decide the claim in my favor witch is a shock to me but i think they decided fairly. Im not lookin for hard feelings with anyone but Geeze guys they were packed well short of running over them with a truck......twice?.... Thanks, Heath.......

Last edited by LSXS10; 02-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jmagliola
BOTTOM LINE is: YOU did not package them good enough. Otherwise there wouldn't be any problem. Whatever you THINK was good enough, well, IT WASNT.

So now help this guy get some value out of the thing that you did not package correctly.

Here's some tips:

Thick cardboard box ? Ok good!
Paper as filler? Nooo very bad.
One piece of cardboard between the two heads? Are you joking?

I will NEVER understand the Level of incompetence I see here on this board over and over when it comes to shipping things.

If i were to ship some heads..

I'd do one of two things:

1. Place them on a flat board, with 2 or 3 layers of bubble wrap between the head and the board (head placed in a plastic bag) then I'd tape it to the board like 100% on the ends and in the middle so that it COULD NOT MOVE.

2. I'd place something soft between the head and the board and I'd nail/screw it into the board.

You could also crate them up.

Either way, moral of story, YOU FUCKED up - so please fix it.
Think this post was a bit uncalled for....
Old 02-27-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i think from now on anytime i buy or sell a set of heads, they will have to be shipped in two separate boxes.....i bought a set of cheap 853's just for the springs that were on them, when i got them, they were beat up.....the seller just threw them in a huge box with a couple of slices of carboard wedged in between that had worked it's way loose, no wrapping, no bags.....looks like a beaver had been chewing on one of them.....i don't really cause they're probably not going on my car, i might play with them and try to learn how to port, eventually i'll take them to a shop and have them milled......i'm just saying, it might be worth it for buyer or seller to request that heads be shipped in separate packages and split up the cost.....what more could it be 10-15 bucks?

Quick Reply: LSXS10 do not buy from......bad seller