Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Stay far away from camarosss (Wayne Holland)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Stay far away from camarosss (Wayne Holland)

I made a deal with Wayne Holland (camarosss) on the phone on 1-27-11 for me to purchase an 02 Tahoe from him. I was to fly to Atlanta, GA from OKC, Oklahoma on 2-5-11 to pick up the vehicle. He promptly responded to all my texts and calls all the way through 2-2-11. On 2-4-11 I tried to touch base with him to make the final arrangements for him to pick me up on the 5th in Atlanta. He hasn't responded to any texts or calls. So he cost me almost $500 in airline, hotel, 2 Carfax reports because he gave me the wrong VIN the first time, and finance charges for the loan to buy the vehicle. Dude couldn't even find the nerve to just tell me he either sold it out from under me or just decided to keep it. He also told me the vehicle had never been wrecked and he was the only owner. He told me this twice, once in a text and once on the phone. That was a LIE. The Carfax showed that the vehicle had in fact been wrecked on 3-1-03 and had a 2nd owner on 10-22-09.

Here is where he has it for sale on Craigslist. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2138732830.html

I guess he decided to delete the post here since he flaked out on our deal on Tech.

I have all the text messages between us and the carfax reports to backup anything that has been posted here.

Not cool Wayne, not cool.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just flag the craigslist ad till it's pulled. It only takes about 3 or 4 flags and then it's gone.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Once you pulled the carfax and saw that he was lying about ownership/accidents, why did you continue to do business with him and book hotel and airfare?

Although that is really shitty, and I do feel sorry for your situation.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

He told me that it was a very minor thing that only dented the rear bumper. I could live with that. The carfax stated that it was moderate damage. He also claimed that the second owner was his wife. Something else I was OK with. He just wasn't honest up front about it for some reason. Looking back I should have just passed on the deal. I really liked the Tahoe so I was willing to look past those couple things. Lesson learned for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

The airline ticket can still be used at a later date.
The hotel bill can be refunded if the date of your stay has not arrived yet.
The Carfax report should have been a huge red flag.
Wayne owes you an explaination at the very least.
Did you give him any money?
Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson.

**** anyone who tries to scam an honest buyer
Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also scan his hometown craigslist a couple of times a day,everytime he posts an add then you should post one, warning everyone what a douche he is,im sure he'll enjoy that, lol
Old 02-20-2011, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

You could technically file a Police report on the scam.
You could also e-mail & call him several times a day until he responds to you....A little harassment never hurt anyone

Quick Reply: Stay far away from camarosss (Wayne Holland)