Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap he almost got me too!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Good to hear this post helped some people and thank you nhra-trans-am for banning this user. Just a last warning guys, watch out for this technique because this guy/guys without posts or feedback can just make another username.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always ask for a picture with their username, date, AND the parts. If the seller doesn't have the time to do that then I don't have the time to pay them for anything.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
I always ask for a picture with their username, date, AND the parts. If the seller doesn't have the time to do that then I don't have the time to pay them for anything.
VERY smart, will do in the future (although I have never been scammed but you never know). Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

ya pretty sure this peice of **** just robbed me!! i thought it was wierd so my fault for sending money, i guess i just trust people to much.
i put up a wtb ad for a fast 92mm intake and he replied with pics so i sent him half the payment through western union and was SUPPOSED to send the rest when i get the intake.. like that will happen glad you guys are smarter than me
lesson learned tho i willl never buy over the web unless new from a store!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99screamindemon
ya pretty sure this peice of **** just robbed me!! i thought it was wierd so my fault for sending money, i guess i just trust people to much.
i put up a wtb ad for a fast 92mm intake and he replied with pics so i sent him half the payment through western union and was SUPPOSED to send the rest when i get the intake.. like that will happen glad you guys are smarter than me
yeah,im sure your fugged!!!! i would love for someone to be waiting at the western union when this **** stain shows up to collect
Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

oh yeah, you need to post up all the info he sent you,he will need to show an id to collect that $$$
Old 03-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

I think this guy just tried to get me ( tidussloan ). He was trying to sell me a fast 90. He just started this name today and has a zero trader rating. He was wanting me to send money western union and gave me a crazy story why he doesnt use paypal. Hopefully this helps you guys.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99screamindemon
Buying parts online isn't always bad. You just have to make sure that the person has good trader and accepts paypal. Paypal is your best friend when it comes to buying stuff online. If you don't get your parts, you can always dispute the transaction. That is why most of these guys won't accept paypal.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sittinlovely
I think this guy just tried to get me ( tidussloan ). He was trying to sell me a fast 90. He just started this name today and has a zero trader rating. He was wanting me to send money western union and gave me a crazy story why he doesnt use paypal. Hopefully this helps you guys.

I pmed this guy back and asked for pics with his unsername and date. He replied with it. Do you guys think this is legit?
http://i56.tinypic.com/33trmgj.gif
Old 03-17-2011, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

NEVER use Western Union to purchase parts. There is no way to recoup what you lose.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StormesRacing001
Buying parts online isn't always bad. You just have to make sure that the person has good trader and accepts paypal. Paypal is your best friend when it comes to buying stuff online. If you don't get your parts, you can always dispute the transaction. That is why most of these guys won't accept paypal.
i know i should have seen the red flags! live and learn i guess ha
Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sittinlovely
I pmed this guy back and asked for pics with his unsername and date. He replied with it. Do you guys think this is legit?
http://i56.tinypic.com/33trmgj.gif
Sketchy as heck with a story to match, I'd stay far away
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Justed posted a questionable trader that hails from Indiana also........Hhhhhmmmmm?
Wonder if this is the same person?
tidussloan
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brian g
Justed posted a questionable trader that hails from Indiana also........Hhhhhmmmmm?
Wonder if this is the same person?
tidussloan
Yeah, he said he was from northern Indiana.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Regular

Everyone needs to add tidussloan to the list. Just join yesterday, no post wants me to send cash to him in northern indiana for a used ms4 cam.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

tidussloan. I know your going to read this. Go fu** off. Everyone knows what your up to, so just go away and shoot yourself in the face. I really hope you get caught one day (and you will) and get your face pounded in. Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tidussloan is a piece of ****. He tried to get me, at the time I was enticed with a cheap price but wanted more info. No trader feedback or post and no paypal. I said with no documentation I wasnt going to send him anything. His response was "I have my reasons for not using paypal. Sorry". That reason is because you're a scammer ******.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

E-Works was the one I bought the crossmember from. It came in last week. Nice guy to deal with...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...shaft-etc.html
Old 03-29-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wouldn't be hard to set this guy up, just need someone in the area to be at the western union when he comes to pick up the money. Hell, for that matter you can probably have a local cop accompany you and have him arrested on suspicion of theft by deception once he signs for the money. Then at least he won't come back here trying this scam again.

Quick Reply: Scam Technique to watch for